• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Fresh veg question

pammyd

Silver Member
S: 11st8lb C: 11st8lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
This is very probably gonna be the stupidest question you have ever read - but here goes...:eek:

Ya'know when you buy those bags of ready prepared fresh veg in the supermarket... can you freeze them? I brought some and then plans changed and I ended up throwing them away, I'm now wondering if I could have frozen them

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
S: 15st12.5lb C: 15st9lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 35.3 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.57%)
I'd blanche them first too.

pammyd

Silver Member
S: 11st8lb C: 11st8lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
thanks both, I'll do that next time

The "will it freeze" question is really two separate questions - "will it be safe to freeze it?", and "will it taste OK when I thaw it?".

The only things that are not safe to freeze are things which have already been frozen and thawed out - you shouldn't refreeze things.

Anything else - well, if it is a choice between taking a chance and throwing it out, I would take a chance - you have nothing to lose! The higher the water content of a foodstuff, the more likely it could be a bit soggy when thawed, but if you are only freezing it for a short time that shouldn't matter too much.

Jesca

S: 23st9.5lb C: 23st9.5lb G: 21st3lb BMI: 51.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
If it's cut veg then I'd just put it in a freezer bag and whack it in the freezer!