Fresh veg question

pammyd

Silver Member
This is very probably gonna be the stupidest question you have ever read - but here goes...:eek:

Ya'know when you buy those bags of ready prepared fresh veg in the supermarket... can you freeze them? I brought some and then plans changed and I ended up throwing them away, I'm now wondering if I could have frozen them

I think you can only freeze them if you blanche them first. Am sure that's what you have to do with big veg anyway.

thanks both, I'll do that next time

The "will it freeze" question is really two separate questions - "will it be safe to freeze it?", and "will it taste OK when I thaw it?".

The only things that are not safe to freeze are things which have already been frozen and thawed out - you shouldn't refreeze things.

Anything else - well, if it is a choice between taking a chance and throwing it out, I would take a chance - you have nothing to lose! The higher the water content of a foodstuff, the more likely it could be a bit soggy when thawed, but if you are only freezing it for a short time that shouldn't matter too much.

Back