Fri, Sat and Sun - EEEK!!!!!

Bimbie Finn

Hello everyone, just wondering if some of you lovely peeps could help me im going away for the weekend travelling and staying in a converted lorry so we will be eating and sleeping in there. I have use of a cooker, oven, mircowave and fridge, wont be in lorry much so i wondered if you could give me some ideas on what to take dont mind red, green or ee days, its just that i dont want to be cooking all weekend!!
Thanks in advance :)

I'd keep it simple, make things before you go you can make spanish omlette & have with either salad or SW chips. I love boiled eggs for snacks; before you go you could make things like, spag bol, shepherds pie, chilli, curry etc, then serve with rice, SW chips, pasta.

I'd take staples like pasta, rice, potoates, & frozen veggies, peas, corn, brocolli, cauli etc.

Have a lovely weekend, it sounds exciting ;)

Quorn cottage pies are great. They are 4.5 syns each but you get a big plate of comfort food for that- have it with red cabbage (3 for £5 at Tesco)

Asda lamb shanks in gravy are free, so you could get some microwave low fat mash and a tin of peas to go with them

I know mugshots are generally seen as snacks, but when working away I sometimes put 2 in a bowl and it is just like a nice bowl of tomato pasta

Asda canned chick pea dhal is free and delicious- just heat it up and have it with jacket potatos or steamed rice

Tesco canned chicken in white sauce (light choices) is 1 syn and lovely with veg or rice

Tesco canned stewed steak is free and you could put it in a pie dish and top with mash/sliced potatoes and have with veg

Have a great time
xxx

Back