Friday Weigh in club! ;)

Week one, so 11lb loss for me. It's always nice to start with a big number, but it's the people like Busy Mum that really are motivating, to stick with the diet for so long is inspirational. Here's to week 2. :)

you are right, BM is awesome xx

3lbs loss for me this week. A bit disappointed again, Aaarrgghhh!!! I know its daft. On the plus side I now have less than 100lbs to lose to get to goal so I'm getting close to the halfway point and I'm just hovering about 19st so should be 18 something by next week. Good luck everyone else.

congrats, 2lbs is a good loss, it beat a stay the same or a gain which most ppl doin SW or WW would have onquite a few weeks, at least you know its a pure 2llb of fat you've lost xx

4.5 lb not as I aimed but thats all I could do, I walked everyday 20min to the tube station in the morning, 20min back home from the tube station, 2.5-3l water every day, went to the gym 2 a week. so I guess thats the speed I am going to be loosing at. was hoping for a bit more must say. I am worried now that my January challenge of 20lb was a bit too ambitious

well don on your loss!!! that's fab!! Walking is great, just be careful how intensive you work out at the gym, don't over do it a it can slo ure losses. See threds in forum re. exercise xx

4.5 lb not as I aimed but thats all I could do, I walked everyday 20min to the tube station in the morning, 20min back home from the tube station, 2.5-3l water every day, went to the gym 2 a week. so I guess thats the speed I am going to be loosing at. was hoping for a bit more must say. I am worried now that my January challenge of 20lb was a bit too ambitious

Well done on you loss NewGirl!! 4.5lbs is FAB so be very proud of yourself!!!

Week one, so 11lb loss for me. It's always nice to start with a big number, but it's the people like Busy Mum that really are motivating, to stick with the diet for so long is inspirational. Here's to week 2. :)

Well done Nic that a fabulous start, well done!!! x

Thanks Kay. Will be lovely to get into the 18's, I seem have been hovering in the low 19's for a while! Could do with one of your loses next week ;)

Hi BusyMum, I've been struggling a bit this week and don't feel like I'm going to have a decent loss. Really constipated and uncomfortable so going to have to resort to tablets. Still stayed 100% mostly because you're a huge inspiration to keep going each day. You and I will keep going to the end, no matter the challenge x

Last edited:
Aww Kay I feel for u. The constipation for me first time around was a killer. I'd be sitting on the loo for up to 2 hours straining. Not great when ur teaching!! Try fibre clear? Its tasteless and makes a difference. Ur doing great u know, fight it all the way because u really will do it. Try a warm bath to ease a tired bum!! Also nettle tea really got me going. And if u try a warm glass of plain water in the morning to start ur system. I do hope u feel better soon. I'm so sorry to u and busymum newgirl etc etc, I haven't been on as much as I like /need to. I really feel awful but I think the worst is over. Pneumonia really knocks u for 6. Especially when I've never even had as much as a cold before! Please excuse my absence, I've been no help. My meds are finished tomorrow so I'm hoping to put that hard start behind me. Please know that im thinking of u all and my fingers r crossed that u all get through each and every day to become that bit closer to ur goals. Love to all x

Aww Kay I feel for u. The constipation for me first time around was a killer. I'd be sitting on the loo for up to 2 hours straining. Not great when ur teaching!! Try fibre clear? Its tasteless and makes a difference. Ur doing great u know, fight it all the way because u really will do it. Try a warm bath to ease a tired bum!! Also nettle tea really got me going. And if u try a warm glass of plain water in the morning to start ur system. I do hope u feel better soon. I'm so sorry to u and busymum newgirl etc etc, I haven't been on as much as I like /need to. I really feel awful but I think the worst is over. Pneumonia really knocks u for 6. Especially when I've never even had as much as a cold before! Please excuse my absence, I've been no help. My meds are finished tomorrow so I'm hoping to put that hard start behind me. Please know that im thinking of u all and my fingers r crossed that u all get through each and every day to become that bit closer to ur goals. Love to all x

Thanks Ali

It happens every so often and is so frustrating. Tablets taken fingers crossed.

Don't you feel bad! You've been really ill and look forward to when you've got your full head of steam up again as you've been missed.

Much love

Kay x x x

hi kay! after reading ur post i made it my mission to get on the comp tonight and check in. when i heard u were struggling a bit i was like oh no!!! ur doing so well and i so much want u to get to ur goal. how r u feeling this evening? the constipation can be very irritating i know. have u headaches now as a result? please try that fibreclear, it has no effect on ur weightloss either. a spoon or 2 a day. cant be any harm sure. i hope now u have a good sleep tonight and tomorrow is better for u. ur weigh in is monday isnt it? i know as well, for me anyway, as the weigh in day got nearer i started panicking as i was constipated and wouldnt see a big loss. whatever that scales says on monday u just remember that u have been 100% and ur body is trying to catch up with that sometimes. its a massive change when u think about it. all the years of eating whatever and now we need a chance to recover from that. can u imagine what we have put our bodies through. sometimes they get a bit clogged with this massive detox. keep powering ahead now as u have been. this bad patch will (literally) pass!!! :) pass into the toilet lol. good luck kay, big hugs. ur doing great altogether!!!! x

Thank you BusyMum for your lovely words, you are inspiration for me, I must say I wouldn't have done it without all your support. This forum helps me everyday. xx

well don on your loss!!! that's fab!! Walking is great, just be careful how intensive you work out at the gym, don't over do it a it can slo ure losses. See threds in forum re. exercise xx

hi Goose, I only go to the gym twice a week, I mainly excercise, for my back, abs and arms, and a 10min run at the end, so not too much really. I wouldn't be going to the gym at all if I haven't signed a contract for a year last may. I prefer long walks outsied but need to use the gym until may cos I am paying for it (a lot :(

Thank you Teapot, I like looking at your statistics, your kilograms are going down so fast! great inspiration! xx

hi kay! after reading ur post i made it my mission to get on the comp tonight and check in. when i heard u were struggling a bit i was like oh no!!! ur doing so well and i so much want u to get to ur goal. how r u feeling this evening? the constipation can be very irritating i know. have u headaches now as a result? please try that fibreclear, it has no effect on ur weightloss either. a spoon or 2 a day. cant be any harm sure. i hope now u have a good sleep tonight and tomorrow is better for u. ur weigh in is monday isnt it? i know as well, for me anyway, as the weigh in day got nearer i started panicking as i was constipated and wouldnt see a big loss. whatever that scales says on monday u just remember that u have been 100% and ur body is trying to catch up with that sometimes. its a massive change when u think about it. all the years of eating whatever and now we need a chance to recover from that. can u imagine what we have put our bodies through. sometimes they get a bit clogged with this massive detox. keep powering ahead now as u have been. this bad patch will (literally) pass!!! :) pass into the toilet lol. good luck kay, big hugs. ur doing great altogether!!!! x

Hi Ali

Feeling a bit better tonight thank you. Just back, from been out at the pub which was rather pleasant tonight. We drank pints and pints. OH drinks pints of beer and I drink pints of water lol. Hoping the declogging does the trick, because it also blunts the want/need for the milkshakes. Will keep on going, and thanks for your support. Will let you know how I am tomorrow x x x

BM......WOW 3lb is brilliant but what's more brilliant is you've lost 76lb!!!! Thats the equivalent of a whole child in weight......lost!!! Well done Lady, you should be soooo proud. I have to say that I do understand you being a bit disappointed that it wasn't more but I think by the time next weigh in arrives, you'll forget this feeling of disappointment because you'll have lost another huge wad of pure fat from your body!! Try to remember just how much 6 pkts of Lard/butter look like without the wrapping and thats the absolute equivalent of what you have lost in just 1 week - fat loss....not fluid loss!!!

C'mon BM, you can do this, you're Mrs Motivator and you're leading the way by example. Roll on next week. xxxxx

Hey NewGirl, 4.5lb is fantastic....be happy and proud of yourself, thats an amazing loss, well done to you. Losing all our weight doesn't happen overnight, its these weekly losses that add up &up and one day you will look at your total loss and be totally gobsmacked because it falls off in such a short time but it sometimes doesn't feel like that when your journey is only half way through.

Keep strong, you're doing fab.

Thank you Ms R I am acutually happy with the last loss, at least it was better than the previous one. Its just the first reaction you get when you don't see the result you were hoping for. You are absoutely right it is the little bits that add up to a big sum. I am overall amazed how much I ve lost in such short time. thank you for your lovely comment xx

Aww Kay, really sorry you're suffering. Believe me, you have my utmost sympathy because I suffered soooo much with constipation myself. A couple of tips which may help. For immediate relief....without the stomach cramps that Dulcolax can give, try Microlax. This was recommended to me by Goose (I think) and I swear they're a miracle worker. They work instantly, in fact I don't make it out of the bathroom once I've administered the medication (it's an enema but very easy and pain free to use). The relief is almost immediate and I still have some on standby because I don't ever want the pain of severe constipation again. Give them a go, you won't be disappointed, trust me. I did use Dulcolax but they take quite a while to work but then gave me bD cramps & diarrhoea which wasn't pleasant at all but the Microlax just works instantly to get you moving again.

Second tip is drink drink drink and then drink some more WATER!!!!! Water is the magic solution to keeping everything moving. I know its really hard to drink lots of cold wat when the weather is freezing but I had to adopt the attitude that I had no choice in the matter because if I didn't have a good 4 litres of water on top of my shakes & tea that I'd end up with another blockage. I still find it a daily struggle to drink enough water but I have to force myself otherwise I will end up in pain again.

Really hope you feel better soon....Hugs xxxxxxx

Well done on you loss NewGirl!! 4.5lbs is FAB so be very proud of yourself!!!

Thank you Teapot, yes I am actually proud of myself :)
for some reason (maybe its the low temperature) I felt really hungry and dreamt about food a lot last week, but I stayed 100% and it paid off. This forum and people like you keep me motivated, so thank you for being here! xx

Hi Nic1559' welcome to the forum and WELL DONE on your 11lb loss, that's a fantastic start to your journey. BM is a fantastic inspiration and there are also soo many other wonderful members on here who are doing equally as well and who also help and support each other. This is a life saving forum and its the contribution of everyone that makes it such a success and makes us successful in return.

So onwards and downwards for you then, week 1 under your belt and into week 2 where it should start to get a little easier. The weeks will fly by and before you know it, summer will be here and You will be wearing sexy slinky outfits this year!!!

Good luck, looking forward to hearing your next weigh in result.

Hi Ali

Feeling a bit better tonight thank you. Just back, from been out at the pub which was rather pleasant tonight. We drank pints and pints. OH drinks pints of beer and I drink pints of water lol. Hoping the declogging does the trick, because it also blunts the want/need for the milkshakes. Will keep on going, and thanks for your support. Will let you know how I am tomorrow x x x

Hello Teapot, try Natural Xenna tablets, I used them twice in the last 6 weeks so not too often. You take 2 tablets before going to bed at night and in the morning ..... you get present in the loo! :)
they are natural herbs so hopefully won't interfare with ketosis, I didn't notive anything anusual. and of course try to drink at least 3l of water, and maybe try to go for a walk, just to move the digestive system. I hope you feel better, I know how uncomfortable it is, it was the only thing I was dreading when I started LT but its not too bad for me. hope you feel OK soon xx

Back