Friday Weigh in club! ;)

Hey NewGirl, 4.5lb is fantastic....be happy and proud of yourself, thats an amazing loss, well done to you. Losing all our weight doesn't happen overnight, its these weekly losses that add up &up and one day you will look at your total loss and be totally gobsmacked because it falls off in such a short time but it sometimes doesn't feel like that when your journey is only half way through.

I forgot to add your loss is amazing, over 5st!! woow! and as you say it was a few pounds at a time, not all at once. but it shows how little by little adds up to a massive loss! great loss Ms R you must look stunning! I would be soo happy to have lost 5st... well done you! xx

Yes I'm really enjoying the slimness now. I went to my salsa night on Thursday, first one in 3 weeks due to the Christmas/New Year break and I ended up being embarrassed due to the constant gasps of OMG you look fantastic comments. It was just unreal and everybody commented saying that I looked amazing. I even had one friend I've not seen for a couple of months as he hadn't been for ages ask me if I'd had surgery!! One lady was worried that I'd been very ill to have lost so much weight but I reassured her I was never better which was to her relief.

Have you seen my before & after photos? I had my photo taken i 5 different outfits on dY 1 then every 4 weeks thereafter and I've posted them in the inspirational pictures thread.

Aww Kay, really sorry you're suffering. Believe me, you have my utmost sympathy because I suffered soooo much with constipation myself. A couple of tips which may help. For immediate relief....without the stomach cramps that Dulcolax can give, try Microlax. This was recommended to me by Goose (I think) and I swear they're a miracle worker. They work instantly, in fact I don't make it out of the bathroom once I've administered the medication (it's an enema but very easy and pain free to use). The relief is almost immediate and I still have some on standby because I don't ever want the pain of severe constipation again. Give them a go, you won't be disappointed, trust me. I did use Dulcolax but they take quite a while to work but then gave me bD cramps & diarrhoea which wasn't pleasant at all but the Microlax just works instantly to get you moving again.

Second tip is drink drink drink and then drink some more WATER!!!!! Water is the magic solution to keeping everything moving. I know its really hard to drink lots of cold wat when the weather is freezing but I had to adopt the attitude that I had no choice in the matter because if I didn't have a good 4 litres of water on top of my shakes & tea that I'd end up with another blockage. I still find it a daily struggle to drink enough water but I have to force myself otherwise I will end up in pain again.

Really hope you feel better soon....Hugs xxxxxxx

Hi Ms R, thanks for the info on Microlax. Sounds like a much better option that the dulcolax which doesn't agree with me either and I avoid for as long as possible, which also compounds the problem. I'm drinking loads of water and will up that as much as I can and hope the blah feeling eases soon.

Thanks once again and hope you're doing well.

Much love

Kay x x x

Hello I have a question, are we allowed to add chilli powder/cayenn pepper to our chicken flavoured soup? Recently I am feeling extrimely cold and I thought I could spice up my soup a little bit (only if it is allowed)
Thanks

Ur allowed add some curry powder anyway which I find gives a great little kick to it. Perfect for a freezing night like this one!! Best wishes for this week x

Ur allowed add some curry powder anyway which I find gives a great little kick to it. Perfect for a freezing night like this one!! Best wishes for this week x

Thanks Ali, I added some chilli powder and the soup is so nice! tasty and warming.

Oooh nice! I'll try the chilli powder tomorrow now. Ur doing so so well u know. I replied to u but I don't which thread, I was thinking of u while I was AWOL with pneumonia. U and the others were really keeping me motivated to stick it out that horrid first week. Week two now a bit better! Thanks to u all :) keep it up pet x x

Oooh nice! I'll try the chilli powder tomorrow now. Ur doing so so well u know. I replied to u but I don't which thread, I was thinking of u while I was AWOL with pneumonia. U and the others were really keeping me motivated to stick it out that horrid first week. Week two now a bit better! Thanks to u all :) keep it up pet x x

Thanks Ali,
I couldn't find that post :(
I only did it because of other people who inspired me so it is like chain reaction, one person inspires the other. When I was ill I was reading the forum and looked at looooads of inspiring pictures, that helped me to go throu. now knowing that I survived flu whilst on LT I have no excuse to stop, so I am staying 100% until goal! keep it up girl, the results are fantastic! xx

4.2lb for me this week. good luck to everyone weighing in today and tomorrow!

Well done Newgirl! 5lbs for me this wk x heres to the next week my loverlies x

Does Microlax make your poo go soft/runny?

I've had real problems with very hard poo when I've done LT despite using fibreclear and erm those husk things (I forget the name).

4.2lb for me this week. good luck to everyone weighing in today and tomorrow!

Fantastic loss! My gosh the weight is falling off you! Well done.

2lbs loss for me this week. I think I know the problem with my smaller losses this month. I have a lot of work on at the moment and I'm working really silly hours. I'm having to work till the early hours most nights so I'm only managing to get 4 to 5 hours sleep each night. It's just not enough for me! I've noticed my ankles and legs have got puffy so I'm definitely retaining water which I think is why my losses have slowed down. My work deadline is the end of the month so I'm hoping once I've caught up with my sleep at the beginning of Feb my losses will soar! There's not much I can do about it so I've given up worrying! Trying to stay positive as I've still managed to lose half a stone over the last 3 weeks and I'm now below 19st which I'm really chuffed about. I've not been able to get on here as much as I would like either, but with work, kids, husband and house stuff just not enough hours in the day! Anyway things will calm down again soon and even though I haven't always got time to reply I do try to pop on and read as many posts as I can as it helps to keep me motivated!

Well done Newgirl! 5lbs for me this wk x heres to the next week my loverlies x

Thank you chunkychops, you are doing well too! 5lb in a week thats fab! x

Fantastic loss! My gosh the weight is falling off you! Well done.

haha .. :D
believe it or not my colleague at work told me today that I look skinny!!! it made my day. but seriously I can see a huge difference, I've lost 2stone so far and my uniform is really bagy now. this is the best feeling ever! I went to Westfield today to buy a few things for home, and I had a look at clothes, but didn't buy anything because I'm just half way there. summer is looking good! I can't wait to show off my new body! I am soooooooooooooooooo glad you guys are here, thank you for being such great support! xxxx

2lbs loss for me this week. I think I know the problem with my smaller losses this month. I have a lot of work on at the moment and I'm working really silly hours. I'm having to work till the early hours most nights so I'm only managing to get 4 to 5 hours sleep each night. It's just not enough for me! I've noticed my ankles and legs have got puffy so I'm definitely retaining water which I think is why my losses have slowed down. My work deadline is the end of the month so I'm hoping once I've caught up with my sleep at the beginning of Feb my losses will soar! There's not much I can do about it so I've given up worrying! Trying to stay positive as I've still managed to lose half a stone over the last 3 weeks and I'm now below 19st which I'm really chuffed about. I've not been able to get on here as much as I would like either, but with work, kids, husband and house stuff just not enough hours in the day! Anyway things will calm down again soon and even though I haven't always got time to reply I do try to pop on and read as many posts as I can as it helps to keep me motivated!

BusyMum you ve lost nearly 6 stone already and even if is only 2lb you are still loosing! 2lb thats like 2 massive 500g Lurpaks!
as you said you are stressed and tired, once you finish your project you will start loosing more. keep it up! you will never regret xx

BusyMum you ve lost nearly 6 stone already and even if is only 2lb you are still loosing! 2lb thats like 2 massive 500g Lurpaks!
as you said you are stressed and tired, once you finish your project you will start loosing more. keep it up! you will never regret xx

Thanks NewGirl. You are so right!

Back