Friday Weigh in club! ;)

Not been exercising. Been drinking about 2.5 - 3 L a day. Not missed any shakes. (Had an extra shake on one day cos I was sooo hungry I was crying!) I have ketostix, so check regularly, it's never been the darkest 2 purples. Pharmacist said to stick with it for another week and see how it goes next weigh in.

I have been having my shakes all hot the last week, so am now trying them all cold again in the hopes of my body having to use more to warm it up!

I have been having sugar-free chewing gum, as I suffer from Sjogren's syndrome (auto immune disease which attacks the saliva glands) so suffer from very dry mouth, which only chewing gum helps. But I have been using them the whole time, and it's not taken me out of ketosis, so I don't imagine it's that?

Will just stick with it a bit longer and see what next week brings. It's disheartening when you think you could be doing WW or something and not be hungry and getting the same loss as starving on LT! I'm not giving up yet though.

Well done you on another 7lbs - wow girl!!! :)

How unusual FTF! I also chew gum so can't think that would have much effect! Stick with it, and fingers crossed for next week for you x x x

Week 4 and Only 3 lb down in today's weigh in. Bit disappointed but its coming off I guess. I ve only been having 2 shakes a day struggling to get it into my brain how this can be bad for weight loss. Surely less Calories means bigger weight loss ?! Do u really slow down your weight loss if u only have 2 shakes ? Xx

Week 4 and Only 3 lb down in today's weigh in. Bit disappointed but its coming off I guess. I ve only been having 2 shakes a day struggling to get it into my brain how this can be bad for weight loss. Surely less Calories means bigger weight loss ?! Do u really slow down your weight loss if u only have 2 shakes ? Xx

Yes! It will definitely slow down weight loss, your body will be thinking it is starving as your brain won't get enough nutrients to function properly. Your body will be trying to hang onto those fat reserves for as long as possible! You can make yourself extremely ill eating less than the prescribed packs. Please speak to your pharmacist/ doctor so they can check your health and please make sure you take all three packs and the required water.

Thanks NIc, I did speak to the oharmastist today and she went mad at me understandably ! I've had all 3 shakes today and am going to every day from now on. Drinking 3 and a half litres water a day roughly. Think it's just a mental thing I couldn't get my head around it but your right about all the nutrients etc. hope you ve had a good week and thank you :) x

Well done for getting all three shakes down, and loads of water, that should help to speed things up.
Hope you get a fab loss next week.

good Luck x :)

How unusual FTF! I also chew gum so can't think that would have much effect! Stick with it, and fingers crossed for next week for you x x x

Thanks Kay, I'm hoping it's just pre-period water retention....otherwise I don't understand it!
Glad you chew the gum too, so at least we know it's not that.

xx

Thanks Kay, I'm hoping it's just pre-period water retention....otherwise I don't understand it!
Glad you chew the gum too, so at least we know it's not that.

xx

You've lost a stone and a half in one month! You'd NEVER do that on WW or a, 'normal' diet... Some weeks the loss is slow but just keep going - you have to look to the long term.

I hope I lose a stone and a half in my first month - that'd be amazing!

I think you're being far too harsh with yourself - give yourself a pat! Have a celebration glass of fizzy water and think how much thinner you're going to be in another month! :)

FWIW I've lost 9lbs in my first two weeks and I'm REALLY pleased. That's less than you lost in your first week. I bet it takes me over a month to lose what you did in your first two weeks.

Keep going girl! You're not failing at all! :)

You've lost a stone and a half in one month! You'd NEVER do that on WW or a, 'normal' diet... Some weeks the loss is slow but just keep going - you have to look to the long term.

I hope I lose a stone and a half in my first month - that'd be amazing!

I think you're being far too harsh with yourself - give yourself a pat! Have a celebration glass of fizzy water and think how much thinner you're going to be in another month! :)

FWIW I've lost 9lbs in my first two weeks and I'm REALLY pleased. That's less than you lost in your first week. I bet it takes me over a month to lose what you did in your first two weeks.

Keep going girl! You're not failing at all! :)

That is very true!! Thanks for making me see sense! I think it is because there was such a big loss at the beginning and it's slowed right down that it feels I'm failing, but you have made me see the bigger picture! Thank you!!!xx

Thanks Kay x

Good morning all Friday weighers!

3lbs off for me this week which has brought my total weight loss to date to 6 stone! :D Good luck to everyone else weighing today.

Last edited:
Had my first weigh in today, lost 11.5lbs considering my red letter came this week I'm super happy!!!!

Yay well done peeps!
I'm down 4 lbs this week, which is better than the last 2 weeks! :)

Wel done Busy Mum! great result, you are true inspiration! 6st lost , thats amazing! x

Good morning all Friday weighers!

3lbs off for me this week which has brought my total weight loss to date to 6 stone! :D Good luck to everyone else weighing today.

Wow wow wow!!! HUGEEE congrats!!!! That is soooo awesom, i am sooooooo proud of you xxx

I totally know that :( feeling Nessybear, last week and the week b4 were really hard!

Back