Fried Eggs??

ashington44 said:
Has anyone found that frylight ruins your frying pan and baking trays? I have spoiled two good quality pans and have had to replace my baking trays several times, luckly they are quite cheap in the super market.

Yeah it does, if u have non stick coating on ur trays or pans u aren't meant to use frylite or any oil as long as u prep ur pans every so often. (put bit oil on kitchen roll & rub it round then wipe off). I have a small non stick frying pan & have never used any oil while cooking & it's amazing

Has anyone found that frylight ruins your frying pan and baking trays? I have spoiled two good quality pans and have had to replace my baking trays several times, luckly they are quite cheap in the super market.

Oh yes! I now use a cookasheet for chips! Then spray frylight on top.

I like them cooksheet thingys , did try to cook a fried egg on it and it came out like rubber yuk, just had my fried egg on toast for brekie , very haappy girl, off to work now with full belly.

Haven't noticed it on my frying pans, and my baking trays are pyrex so no issues there.

Fry Light is a ***** to use on stuff you want to keep! :mad: I dont use it on non-stick stuff if I can help it, and in trays I usually line them with foil before using it now. It still gets all over the top edges though :(

I do mine very easily with spray light, and they look like this...
294055_10150286601463744_513923743_7716721_2896483_n.jpg

I heat my pan, then add spray light.. Crack an egg or two in.. and leave them for a min or 2.. turn it down a fraction, and then spray the top of the egg with fry light. I then use my casserole lid (haha) and put it over the top for a min.. hey presto.. no ming slimey bits but still soft yolks..

Always manage fried eggs, the heat is key to not getting brown edges. I get the pan hot then turn down heat, couple of sprays of fry lite then add eggs. LeAve to cook for 60sec or so couple sprays on top of egg then flip n cook for like 15 sec. Then eat! Cooked white with nice dippy yokes

my egg frying pan is lined with a sheet of silicone, 1 spray of frylite then flip, I don't think they are too rubbery.

Back