Friendly on here

Irene

Silver Member
Hi
Was chatting to someone from another weight loss programme on here on Friday and she was saying what awful things were being said on the site - couldn't believe the things I read.
Thank goodness everyone is so nice on the SW forum.
Irene

Last edited:
When I was on WW I found that a lot on some of the forums on the site, sad really. Yes we are all a friendly bunch on here :)

xx

No way - we must be lucky! Do you mean people are writing nasty things in their posts Irene? x

Hi Irene

I go into many groups as I dont fit into any and luckily havent found any bad or nasty replies. I love posting and check the site most days. Good to hear only a couple of bad eggs in the basket.

Bren
X

Yeah that is awful - think it makes you realise that we shouldn't take friendship and support on here for granted........ I for one should be more appreciative xxx

The lady I was chatting to asked me how did she go about reporting some of the comments made it was so bad.
I often 'pop' into other sites and never come across this before - all entitled to our opinions I know but there are ways of sayings thing to be diplomatic.
Irene

Yeah I often pop in on the other threads - only occasionally add but havent seen anything nasty - but obv its out there! x

Hi
Was chatting to someone from another weight loss programme on here on Friday and she was saying what awful things were being said on the site - couldn't believe the things I read.
Thank goodness everyone is so nice on the SW forum.
Irene

Hi Irene,

I would be grateful if you could private message me the links to "these awful things that are being said" so that I can do something about them and confirm their existence as I am unaware of exactly what you are talking about.

Yes we do occasionally have conflict of interest and disagreement as on others forums as people have their own opinions about diets, lifestyle etc. and has in the real world people can often disagree.

We take any form of abuse very seriously.

Hi
Yes it was so bad that the topic was 'locked' How awful is that?
Irene

We lock threads that we feel our getting out of hand or going around in circles.

This locking of threads show that if someone makes a complaint we do take it seriously and do all in our power to take action when we are made aware of the situation.

The lady I was chatting to asked me how did she go about reporting some of the comments made it was so bad.
I often 'pop' into other sites and never come across this before - all entitled to our opinions I know but there are ways of sayings thing to be diplomatic.
Irene

If someone wants to make a complaint they will see at the bottom under their Avatar next to the reputation button a symbol click on this and you can report the post to moderators who will look after it as quickly as possible.

For those with over 50 posts they can also private message anyone of our forum leaders or use the contact button at the bottom of the page.

We have around 3,000 posts most days and we do all in our power to keep MiniMins running smoothly.

Our members are very loyal and dedicated and do inform us if they see abuse or spam.

MiniMins have over 70 forums for our members to post in, it is a free site which is run on the good will of our members who post here.

We rely on our members/moderators/Admin team to keep MiniMins a safe and enjoyable community.

Thanking you for in anticipation of your co-operation.

Love Mini xxx

I have been welcomed and encouraged and therefore feel very supported! Cant thank folks enough!!!

I was just going to type PM a modorater! Until i saw Mini's post.

That is a shame. I can honestly say i have only seen one thread that i thought was out of hand .....where someone had suggested a cheaper way of doing the CD.

We are always a friendly bunch. If you do ever have any issues PM a mod.

Welcome too!

Ruthy xxx

Mini, you and your team do a fantastic job. It is a very busy forum and it blows me away how you keep on top of it all. I love this site and spend loads of time on here and so far have not seen anything that I don't like.

At the end of the day we are all individuals with our own opinions which will, at times, conflict with others. As long as we all act in a respectful way to others there is no reason for any nastiness. We are all here for the same reason but many of us have chosen different paths. I have found it really interesting learning about all the other diets even though I would never do them myself.

I love a good debate but if it got personal I would step away and not let myself get dragged into it. I'm very happy that I have not met any of this nastiness myself as I think that most people on here are very friendly

Dont you lot make me use my moderating 'powers' to sort you out ;) :giggle:

Back