Extra Easy Friends forever

Neasy

My friend and I are supporting each other to do slimming world. It is great knowing someone who is in the same boat & giving each other tips and encouragement. She is the greatest friend anyone cud wise for and she is my inspiration. She is always telling me how great i look. Does anyone else have someone to lean on like this?

Yeh, my cousin and I joined together as we're both sick of being overweight. She had split with her long distance boyfriend after he'd met someone else so she wanted a boost, and I had a scare with my blood pressure so wanted to do it for my health.

Its good as we spur eachother on, help eachother with meal ideas etc... And last week when shed came back from turkey and lost 2lb, I cheered her on. We're not competetive with eachother, just supportive. I've lost nearly 2 stone so far and she's lost 1 stone (I weigh more than her and plus she's got polysystic ovaries so she's doing really good considering!)

I have my family and friends that spur me on and keep me motivated. They are always telling me how well I am doing and how good I look.

At Slimming World, I have also made some lovely new friends who keep me going along my journey. Our C has a facebook page which only members of her groups can join - it's great giving (and receiving!) lots of motivation, recipes and tips, sometimes even from strangers who go to other groups ran by my C.

I really couldn't do this without everyones support.

I've made some great friends at my group and we are genuinely so pleased for each other when we have good results and give advice when we have not so great results!
A lady started the same week as me and we hit it off straight away but our group got so busy the c had to split into two times. Unfortunately this meant my friend going to the early group and me to the late due to work. We've kept in touch on facebook and she turned up at the late group last night and wow! She is 3.5stone down (as of weigh in last night) and looks amazing, I barely recognised her! She has more to lose than me but she was equally blown away with the change in me which was lovely. Really made my day! Xx

I joined on my own, but when I joined two other ladies joined the same day-they were friends joining together, but they used to always save me a seat so I could sit with them which was really nice.

I didn't get to stay at that group for long, I joined in April last year but moved house in June (was a nightmare was in a temporary house for a month) in July I joined my new group (once I'd moved to our proper house) where I've made lots of good friends who help me along the way.

I think its great to join slimming world with a friend if you have one who's also looking at loosing weight and can go to a group near you, but most groups are so friendly and welcoming you really will make new friends when you join a group, even if they're people you only see once a week when you go to group.

I previously joined with my sister, which was great. But she only had a bit of weight to lose, so when she left so did I. Mistake! I am joining again alone tonight and hope i find some supportive people as I am not particularly outgoing! I do feel i can find support on here though, everyone appears very friendly and supportive.

Back