From 14 to 9 stone and a TT on NHS

bambi

After being away from the site for a while, i thought i would post my final achievement to help maybe encourage others.

I started my weightloss journey here and on the Cambridge Diet at just over 14 stone, and a size 18, i am 9 stone 5 and a size 8/10. I also forfiled a dream last week and managed to get a tummy tuck on the NHS which i am now recovering from.

Well done Bambi! May I ask how long it took you?

After being away from the site for a while, i thought i would post my final achievement to help maybe encourage others.

I started my weightloss journey here and on the Cambridge Diet at just over 14 stone, and a size 18, i am 9 stone 5 and a size 8/10. I also forfiled a dream last week and managed to get a tummy tuck on the NHS which i am now recovering from.

How did you get a TT on the NHS? Ive heard its almost impossible.

Fantastic Achievement bambi!!!

Love Mini xxx

congrats022.gif

That really fantastic - hope u get well soon xx

Thanks for all the kind messages, i just hope it will help and encourage some others through hard times.

To answer your question Dietingdon - I found it extremely easy really, but from reading this forum, i think i must be one of the very lucky few. Its seems to be a lottery as to where in the country you live as to wether they fund the operation or not. I am from Norfolk where they obviously do fund it and it was just a case of going to my G.P, telling him i had lost around 5 stone and had bad saggy, ugly skin that was upsetting me and giving me alot of infections in my naval button also. He did say at that point that he didnt think it was done on NHS, but that if i knew where he could refer me to, then he would. (I think he was copping out there) Thankfully i didnt have to look far as i knew Icemoose who is on this site had had it done in my area, so i got the surgeons name and was straight back to G.P asking to be refered. He said that he would refer me, but with a after statement of - 'i will be interested though to see what they say'. (I personally think my G.P didnt think i would get it agreed). But i got a letter from hospital a few weeks later telling me consoltation would be in 3 months time, and when i went i was told my BMI drop from 14 stone to about 9stone 10 at the time was within weight loss guidelines, and i had kept it off for 6 months, so yes i was booked in then to have it done about 6 months later.

Wow, fantastic! My lovely husband has said he will pay for a tummy tuck for me when I get to goal, am so excited!

Hope you are healing nicely!

Well done on your loss. I hope you have recovered fully from your TT.

wow thats g8 :)

Back