From 17's to 16's

Hi everyone,

This is my first post! I'm currently 17st 4.5lbs and really looking forward to getting into the next bracket. It's taken me from the end of January to lose the 1st 2.5lbs to get here! Easter and everything got in the way! Anyway... I've been doing ok the last few weeks but this week has been s disaster.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the next number!

Hi @EBD Welcome! You are so close to the next bracket. Draw a line under it and start again :D . If you colour in your calendar with days that you have been on plan green and days you havent been in red. You will see green days will out count the red it will help see you have done fab so far! well done on your loss so far. Sending on plan vibes to you ;)

Reactions: EBD
Such a good idea! I've been at home for a few days and have had people staying - I find it so much more difficult than when I'm at work and am so much more regimented (even at home, if that makes sense?). Looking forward to getting this weigh in out of the way and having a clearer week back on plan next week (apart from one day).

You've really made me feel better and inspired me though, Neveragain, so thank you

Weighed in today and to my honest absolute suprise I'd lost 1.5lbs! My other meals must have made up for all the other naughtiness!

Just 3.5lbs to 16st12.5lbs - very excited, a couple of years since I've been that number

On a side note, has anyone that attends a SW weigh-in notices how much the attendance has dropped of now we are in summer? Was so busy in January. And I'm sure will be again after summer hols, but I couldn't believe it today. Probably only 25 or so people staying (though I couldn't).

Well done on your loss @EBD !!! thats so great!!

my weigh in is wednesday and it was the smallest group ive sat in since i started in decemeber. I kinda like it as it means more time on us then going around loads of people as our consultant spends like 10-20mins on of the first 5 people and then a quick 2-3 mins on the rest of the group. which is annoying as mainly the first 5 people are the moaners that moan about the weight not shifting yet they dont count the syns and have a pizza all to themselves, so it kinds put us in all a bad mood as we have been good all week and want to talk about it and give out help and recipes but cant when we only have 2-3 mins talking time. So it was nice to have a small group this week.

Lost 1 and half but I walked loads, so I was expecting more as i was coming off my period and I usually loose about 4lbs after period. So its the definitely water retention so im going to keep at it for a couple of weeks, and take the low loss, maintain and gains for a bit till my body is use to it and then see good drops in a month or so. As I've found now i can be more active without having my back pain anymore, I cant sit still... I want to work out but the slow progressions on the scales disheartens me and I moody all week. So these couple of weeks are going to be hard as im use to having big numbers and now with the added exercise it will effect the scales, so I will be a moody ***** for a while lol

Well done on your loss @EBD !!! thats so great!!

my weigh in is wednesday and it was the smallest group ive sat in since i started in decemeber. I kinda like it as it means more time on us then going around loads of people as our consultant spends like 10-20mins on of the first 5 people and then a quick 2-3 mins on the rest of the group. which is annoying as mainly the first 5 people are the moaners that moan about the weight not shifting yet they dont count the syns and have a pizza all to themselves, so it kinds put us in all a bad mood as we have been good all week and want to talk about it and give out help and recipes but cant when we only have 2-3 mins talking time. So it was nice to have a small group this week.

Lost 1 and half but I walked loads, so I was expecting more as i was coming off my period and I usually loose about 4lbs after period. So its the definitely water retention so im going to keep at it for a couple of weeks, and take the low loss, maintain and gains for a bit till my body is use to it and then see good drops in a month or so. As I've found now i can be more active without having my back pain anymore, I cant sit still... I want to work out but the slow progressions on the scales disheartens me and I moody all week. So these couple of weeks are going to be hard as im use to having big numbers and now with the added exercise it will effect the scales, so I will be a moody ***** for a while lol

I know what you mean - I spent the first five weeks after going to the gym maintaining or losing/gaining and it was so disheartening (even when I could feel all my clothes were looser). I've put on 4lbs on my 'star' week before even after I've been completely on plan - it drops of the week after but it still feels awful.

i want to stay but I just can't bring myself to when the group is so huge sometimes - I resolved to start doing it more though. Some people just sit and moan, which is fine if you want help, but don't sit there not wanting to take the help people are trying to give you and complain about the same thing the next week!

Had a bad weekend - been away and had afternoon tea and all (it was 'planned', so I knew it wouldn't be good) so am going to try this extra easy speed or what ever it is called (not the drug, the plan!). Need to read up in my book and hope for it to pardon my weekend. I'm relieved I can get back to it properly now after a couple of weekends knowing it wouldn't be good.

Hi everyone,
Well I thought I would do the 90 day challenge with my good old faithful hip hops abs, been using these for years but never did the challenge. So I wanted to do it, knowing it will mess with the scales. I was 100% on plan like i always am, even measuring and syning the ketchup but I got weigh today and gained a 1 pound, so now im 17 stone 12 1/2 I have been reading up and reading the reviews on the dvd to re insure myself im doing the right thing and some reviews says they have gained lbs for a first couple of weeks and then saw a drop. Even though I am seeing inch loss its not reflecting on the scales as yet. So I am closer to the 18stone mark (I wanna swear so bad) but I am going to keep at it and ignore the scales for a while till atleast the 3rd or the week. Ill still go to group and do the plan and just take the gains or maintains on the chin till at least the 4th week and then Ill see if i should stop the challenge and just do slimming world. but we will see. I'm hoping I dont increase too much where i have to go up to the next bracket then I'll really swear then.
Hope everyone had a good week. Good luck for the week ahead

Hi everyone,
Well I thought I would do the 90 day challenge with my good old faithful hip hops abs, been using these for years but never did the challenge. So I wanted to do it, knowing it will mess with the scales. I was 100% on plan like i always am, even measuring and syning the ketchup but I got weigh today and gained a 1 pound, so now im 17 stone 12 1/2 I have been reading up and reading the reviews on the dvd to re insure myself im doing the right thing and some reviews says they have gained lbs for a first couple of weeks and then saw a drop. Even though I am seeing inch loss its not reflecting on the scales as yet. So I am closer to the 18stone mark (I wanna swear so bad) but I am going to keep at it and ignore the scales for a while till atleast the 3rd or the week. Ill still go to group and do the plan and just take the gains or maintains on the chin till at least the 4th week and then Ill see if i should stop the challenge and just do slimming world. but we will see. I'm hoping I dont increase too much where i have to go up to the next bracket then I'll really swear then.
Hope everyone had a good week. Good luck for the week ahead

You poor thing When I joined the gym it was so hard because I could feel the inches but it wasn't showing on the scale. After four to six weeks it did start to show but it was really hard to get through that with no results. Stick with it, it is worth it eventually! It might be better next week, or the week after but one week soon it will be - stick with the plan as best you can while doing it too to give yourself the best chance.

aaww thank you @EBD I really needed to hear that, its nice to have someone confirm what ive read on the web. As I just got eye rolls and hardly any support from my group because they all thought I must have done something wrong with the food side of things. Which I havent, I written everything down and re=checked every food that passed my mouth on the syns calculator as i didnt want to have any excuses and only did 7-9 syns per day too. So you saying it happened to you confirms what i've read and i wasnt talking crap. It generally happens! So I have to remind myself and keep going. Light is at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you @EBD
greenstars.gif

aaww thank you @EBD I really needed to hear that, its nice to have someone confirm what ive read on the web. As I just got eye rolls and hardly any support from my group because they all thought I must have done something wrong with the food side of things. Which I havent, I written everything down and re=checked every food that passed my mouth on the syns calculator as i didnt want to have any excuses and only did 7-9 syns per day too. So you saying it happened to you confirms what i've read and i wasnt talking crap. It generally happens! So I have to remind myself and keep going. Light is at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you @EBD
greenstars.gif

I'm glad I could make you feel a little more heartened - it's so frustrating when you put in the effort and don't get the results you want. I must say, I was slightly doubtful when I was told it was normal - my energy expenditure has increased ( it's more than just those exact calories though I think, your body carries on afterwards too), why shouldn't I lose more weight? At my gym induction I was told it's because when you start doing more exercise than your body is used to your muscles have tiny tears in them and water builds up to repair, increase and protect the muscle - so it is this that keeps you around the same weight. Though you're burning off the fat, new muscle is created and a much smaller amount of muscle weighs equal to a larger piece of fat. The weight loss from the six weeks never suddenly dropped off me, the losses afterwards were just given a boost.

Still, I feel a bit like I'm teaching grandma to suck eggs - look at all your stickers, I feel like I'll never have the patience to get to a 3 1/2 stone loss!

awww thank you @EBD No I needed someone else to say it too, as reading on the web sometimes you take the information but when you repeat it to other people who are not losing weight, it sounds like excuses or myth so I am very glad to hear someone else experience this. I have noticed in my shape, not so much inches this week just yet, but how the shape of me has changed. Most of my fat is resting on my hips, they are huge. So trousers are nightmare as I never worn zipped trousers or even jeans in years, it has always been elasticated.

The fat is odd disputed on my hips.... its like a swimming ring around me just made up of fat. So I know this will be the last to go as my legs are getting really toned around my shoulders, chest and arms so I know I needed to do exercise with sw to combat the fat that just plonked on either side of my hips, its very noticeable when i wear tops if im not hiding under my now very large coat, as it stretches the material so its sort of poking out of the general structure of the top. which always has me self conscious so doing exercise I would like to slim them down and have a natural flow of a top I just have to push through the dark days and hope it all works out.

Thank you so much, I have done sw for years but always seem to drop out or do it on my own and then drop out when I get my 1 and half stone award Ive never gotten this far before but with my daughter been 8 she is more aware and we have organised a day out somewhere for every stone award I have. So that has kept me doing, but with exercise in play these last two months the pounds havent let me get my award, so its been disheartening as it effects our days out too if im not reaching that next stone award.

It was to have a goal and something rewarding instead of food for reaching a stones awards but also I work from home and I have been very isolated and food was my friend. so these little days out was helping me to enjoy been outside again and feel its ok to be a place full of people again. Even going into town was very scary for me, but I have been venturing in more so my 3stone award was the south yorkshire zoo and I absolutely enjoyed it consider there was massive amounts of people there and my 4th stone award is a day at Scarborough but with the exercise where im gaining, maintaining, losing, gaining i have been so near and yet so far and yesterday weigh in with that 1 pound gain has pushed me back from 3 and half lbs away to 4 and half away. So having those goals, doing the exercise was going to be struggle for me to cope as i sometimes feel im "messing about" when i should be getting the 4th stone award by now.

You WILL get your 4 stone award, keep going on and you'll get there. Think of the excitement on your daughters face when you tell her you're going! Let me know how you do this week.
As you say, push through the dark days. They always seem to come just when you need to shift to get to your next award or number or near and interim goal. I felt it when I was around the same for six weeks but if you keep going one week you get past it and you're on your way again.

Thank you @EBD I had a good week so far, I think with the increase of fizzy drinks and hardly no water during last week while exercising alot, played apart in the gain. This week seems different, I have drank 2 litres or more of water every day and continued with my workouts. So im hoping on wednesday I get a good number.
How has your week been so far?

Well done, I,m really rooting for you to get a good loss this week! What day is your weigh-in day? Fizzy drinks certainly wreak havoc on me - I feel so bloated after them, I now have one in a blue moon.

This week has been going alright - maxing out my syns everyday at the moment, occasionally going over by a couple but the way I see it is that's better than having a huge binge on everything if I feel too deprived. I did a really strenuous workout at the gym this evening, so hoping I don't instantly gain from that.

Had a huge supper that was less than 3 syns and feel so full and after however many weeks/months am disbelieving that that is ok! Mostly free foods though, apart from those 1.5 syns McCains chips! Going to try and do a couple more SP days - want a loss this week after STS last. Desperate to get my 1.5 stone award in 3lbs!

oh wow @EBD , you are so close to it! Wishing and sending you lots and lots of positive vibes! I am weighing in tomorrow (Wednesdays) nerves are kicking in now, always happen around sunday night through until i get weighed lol.

I completely understand, at least you are controlling it and not letting you have a bad week which could result in a bad month or quitting. Good luck with your sp days, getting over the worry and sadness of not having any sw chips lol I can manage it for acouple of days, and feel good about it. my favourite meal i've created for sp, is a big bowl of salad, so lettuce, celery, tomatoes, radishes, spring onions, yellow peppers, cucumbers and red onions.... with chickpeas (I like them unheated - cold straight from a drained tin), small chunks of turkey slices, ham slices and chicken with a weighed measure of reduce fat cheese (either I use my HEA or I syn it) and a cap or two (lol) full of balsamic vinegar.. My ultimate favourite - very addicted to it at the moment and so filling. I had it for a tea night as I didnt want anything heavy the night before weigh in as My group is at 11.30am and around 10am, I have a little breaksfast also
I'll let you know how I get on, I am now 4 and half lbs from my 4th stone award, after that 1 gain last week :( so hopefully i can make a dent in that tomorrow!

Last edited:
oh wow @EBD , you are so close to it! Wishing and sending you lots and lots of positive vibes! I am weighing in tomorrow (Wednesdays) nerves are kicking in now, always happen around sunday night through until i get weighed lol.

I completely understand, at least you are controlling it and not letting you have a bad week which could result in a bad month or quitting. Good luck with your sp days, getting over the worry and sadness of not having any sw chips lol I can manage it for acouple of days, and feel good about it. my favourite meal i've created for sp, is a big bowl of salad, so lettuce, celery, tomatoes, radishes, spring onions, yellow peppers, cucumbers and red onions.... with chickpeas (I like them unheated - cold straight from a drained tin), small chunks of turkey slices, ham slices and chicken with a weighed measure of reduce fat cheese (either I use my HEA or I syn it) and a cap or two (lol) full of balsamic vinegar.. My ultimate favourite - very addicted to it at the moment and so filling. I had it for a tea night as I didnt want anything heavy the night before weigh in as My group is at 11.30am and around 10am, I have a little breaksfast also
I'll let you know how I get on, I am now 4 and half lbs from my 4th stone award, after that 1 gain last week :( so hopefully i can make a dent in that tomorrow!

Hahaha! I know what you mean about the nerves! I start weighing in the day before sometimes and then have to wait to weigh in even longer the next week. I think it's just because I want to see results. That SP meal sounds nice, unfortunately I'm not a great fan of salads through - I like spinach, watercress and rocket raw as salad but I don't often feel like them or find them satisfying.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Aww shame. I'm not a big fan of broccoli, cauliflower, parsnips etc so I do tend to lean more on the salad veg every day to get my speed if not through fruit.
Got weighed and lost 4lbs! so happy.... was 1/2 lb away from my award darn it! would have been nice to have it tip an extra half of pound lol but I'll take it, looks like im past the water retention stage but i drank buckets of water this week while working out and i made yesterday my "rest" day so my body could rest and heal before weigh in today which i think helped too, just drank loads of water through-out the day yesterday and peppermint tea.
So im very happy im back on track as I usually loss 2-4lbs per week before I did exercise so im glad its back to that result again. Ill keep doing the exercise and do my rest day on tuesday again and see how i go next wednesday. eeek!
So i'm 17stone and 8 1/2 lbs Gunning for a 3lbs loss this week!
Let me know how you got on :)

Reactions: EBD
Aww shame. I'm not a big fan of broccoli, cauliflower, parsnips etc so I do tend to lean more on the salad veg every day to get my speed if not through fruit.
Got weighed and lost 4lbs! so happy.... was 1/2 lb away from my award darn it! would have been nice to have it tip an extra half of pound lol but I'll take it, looks like im past the water retention stage but i drank buckets of water this week while working out and i made yesterday my "rest" day so my body could rest and heal before weigh in today which i think helped too, just drank loads of water through-out the day yesterday and peppermint tea.
So im very happy im back on track as I usually loss 2-4lbs per week before I did exercise so im glad its back to that result again. Ill keep doing the exercise and do my rest day on tuesday again and see how i go next wednesday. eeek!
So i'm 17stone and 8 1/2 lbs Gunning for a 3lbs loss this week!
Let me know how you got on :)
That is great! Very happy for you - you'll be having your next treat soon - will let you know how I get on tomorrow - fingers crossed! :)

:( Lost one this week... Hoping I'll go down at least 2 (so I get my 1.5 stone award) or 2.5 (so I get the award and new number!)

Back