From 29st to 19st

talldub

I joined SlimmingWorld at the beginning of May 2018 and find it to be the missing piece for my own weight loss.

As a male, I'm pretty much the only guy there and for a while wasn't going to contribute or even return but stuck it out and glad I did.

When I started I was 29st .5lb. As of last Wednesday I was 25st 2.5lb, as you can see it's happening but it just feels sometimes like no-one there really gets the journey I've got ahead of me. Part of me worries about excess skin and the like and part of me thinks worry about it when the times comes. My health has already improved hugely as a result of this.

I presume there's others out there with 10 or more stone to lose, I'd be keen to hear your own thoughts, fears and feelings on it.

Thanks

Hi I also have a similar amount to lose so I totally get it. Smaller goals even seem such a long way off at the moment but I’m determined to do it! You’ve done fantastically well to lose all that so far. Good luck with the journey!

I didn't join my local club for the reason you've stated but I really regret it now. Fair play to you for going though! There seem to be more benefits to the groups than the online membership.

When I began I also worried a lot about loose skin if I ever got to that stage. I feel it's inevitable it's going to happen but I've lost the worry now. I've gone down 4 sizes in tops and my gut looks like it's showing some signs of excess skin already. I've still got potentially up to 8 stone to lose on top of the 7 I've already lost (I don't really know to be honest NHS website suggests another 8 stone loss, I've said I'll lose until I'm happy which might be only 5 more stone.). I guess I will wait until it happens and go from there now, I've got a long way to go still.

Good luck!

Hi,

Well done on your loss so far. That's amazing.
I don't follow SW and I don't quite have 10stone to loose but I do have 8-8.5stone to loose and I've already lost 2 of those. I can see though on my tummy wee dimples starting to form where it will eventually be loose hanging skin. I've also been left with varicose veins on my legs. I'm not sure if I now want 8 stone to be my target. Maybe I'll aim for 6 and assess the skin then - if it's maybe a bit loose then I can cope but if I loose 8 stone and it becomes flappy then I might stop and just be a little overweight if u know what I mean. I am also saving as much as I can at the moment which I may use for surgery to get rid of the loose skin or to treat my varicose veins.

Good luck with the rest of your journey

Back