from broad bean to runner bean!

Good morning ladies!

Exactly dubs just enjoyed myself! I have yummy meals planned for the weekend so can follow the plan.

So glad it's Friday! This weekend we have no decided to stay at home, and rip our carpets up upstairs! And start to take the wallpaper off everywhere! So lots of body magic for me :) what is everyone else's plans? Xx

i know the feeling! Im either cleaning or making more mess by tackling another room! so then i clean again! DIY is so expensive though! everytime i go to B&Q i spend £60 odd pounds!! on what! more bloody paint!!! Bens dad is a painter and decorator so he did our lounge and dining room for us but i feel bad asking him to do anything else and we still have to buy all the stuff! but i have decided to just paint the whole of the upstairs white (he gives us that for free!) so aim strip carpet and see what state floor boards are in, strip paper and paint white! then i can see what im working with :)

house prices went really down in ireland didnt they? bens grand parents live somewhere in southern ireland and they said there house dropped loads! did you get a bargain? xxx

Yea they've dropped loads.. Like, where we bought, 7 r 8 years ago would have cost prob near the 300k mark.. Whereas we bought ours for 130k... So yea, you could say we got a bargain!! Tho saying that we had allot of work to do with it.. We had to pull down the kitchen extension and rebuild it but the price reflected that.. But when its done finished we'll have our ideal home.. We didn't account for the explosion back in January mind you.... That almost cost us our lives!! But thankfully we escaped with just a broken arm between us... and it wasn't mine :D

Hi everyone! Sorry been quiet, been a little manic! Today I have been to work and then we have stripped our carpets upstairs and started stripping paper! So glamourous!

Today's menu is
B/lunch- one slice of bread, bacon and scrambled eggs, ketchup (1syn)
D- chicken and bacon risotto.

Syns- 4 pieces of galaxy chocolate
Ketchup
Cheese

How are you all? Xxx

Everyone must have been busy bees this weekend!

Well I haven't been as naughty as usual! Had a bit more bread than I should have and an ice cream and a few biscuits but not as bad as last week! So I'm quite pleased! Off to work tomorrow, how do weekends go so quick!

How has everyone been? Xx

wow its quiet around here! jelly, doodles? are you about? I know you are dubs just read your thread of pebs! i should have been painting too but after stripping all of sunday i just couldnt be bothered!I finish work on friday for 9 days so will get plenty done then!

todays food is-
B- hifi bar
L- 2 muller lights and pineapple
D- chilli with BNS chips, fat free yogurt and cheese (hea)

2 syns for sugar.

xx

Oh I know how you feel.... We were painting all day Saturday but looks like there's feck all done.. Only got the hall done and it needs a second coat.. I reckon we'll do an hour or so each night over the week and hopefully have it finished by the weekend.. Long weekend anyway this week so loadsa time...
Bought the blinds for the kitchen, landing and dining room yesterday so will get them hung too... Little by little we're getting there.. :)
Do you have much to do in the house you bought or is it all just decorational??
When did you buy again? x

Hey Girls, been busy with the kiddies & work so not posted much, still sticking to plan but i have a night out Fri & Sat so in panic mode! I don't want to flexi-syn as after the 1st few drinks i'll lose count lol plus we are having food both nights, Yates on Fri & chinese buffet on Sat :-@ Hope your all good!

We moved in 4 weeks ago, we actually put offer in in november but our solicitors got shut down in feb so we had to start all over again! There was no real building work to be done, we have knocked down one wall but thats it. It was just very shabby! the living room carpet was 8 different pieces all different shades of red! We have dinished our living and dining room and it needs a new kitchen but that will wait until i find a bargain on ebay or something! Currently we are trying to paint all upstairs white just so it looks ok! the wallpapered the entire house so just getting that off is a pain in the arse!

if it was me jelly- i would be as good as possible up to and after your evenings and just enjoy myself. try and make sensible choices, like the chinese go for boiled rice and beef in black bean sauce not the ribs and crispy duck! saying that i would go for the duck and ribs hahaha, but depends how much you want to stick to it. If its a life style change like me and dubs, then your not going to say no for the rest of your life! up the exercise a little this week to compensate?

xx

We moved in 4 weeks ago, we actually put offer in in november but our solicitors got shut down in feb so we had to start all over again! There was no real building work to be done, we have knocked down one wall but thats it. It was just very shabby! the living room carpet was 8 different pieces all different shades of red! We have dinished our living and dining room and it needs a new kitchen but that will wait until i find a bargain on ebay or something! Currently we are trying to paint all upstairs white just so it looks ok! the wallpapered the entire house so just getting that off is a pain in the arse!

if it was me jelly- i would be as good as possible up to and after your evenings and just enjoy myself. try and make sensible choices, like the chinese go for boiled rice and beef in black bean sauce not the ribs and crispy duck! saying that i would go for the duck and ribs hahaha, but depends how much you want to stick to it. If its a life style change like me and dubs, then your not going to say no for the rest of your life! up the exercise a little this week to compensate?

xx
Yea ours was decorated in the 18th century I reckon ha ha.. We bought from an old lady and it was definitely all old lady taste!!!!!
We put in insulation boards right around the external walls on our house so not much stripping to be done really.. Downstairs anyway.. As it was all freshly plastered.. Then the white went on.. You'll be amazed how big n bright yer house looks when its white...
We've yet to tackle upstairs.. Still got to get a kitchen but in no hurry.. We can't settle on any 1 design and its not something we want to rush into.. That will be an investment and won't be changed for at least 30 years.. lol
I loved stripping the wallpaper.. But picking it up and the mess I didn't!!! I also learned to love painting too.. Tho am no good at "cutting in" See am all about the lingo n all now ha ha

we brought from a young couple but they just had no clue! like they would do one bit and then never finish it! the garden is a disaster! Ben is an insulation installor but our house is within a conservation area so we cant have solid wall insulation and the house is so small even an extra layer of insulation inside would make it feel a lot smaller! its mid terrace though so we are lucky as next door seem to heat theres to 100 degrees! so ours is always toasty!

we went and looked at kitchens the other day but we like the opposite thing and we are hoping to only stay in this house for approx 7 years so dont want to spend a fortune! our one is ok, but the tiles are horrendous and it is so cheap! I always seem to be stuck doing the glossing and ben paints the walls, its an old victorian house so the ceilings are too high for me to paint much! our bedroom looks like a murder seen atm as under the paper was lilac paint which has peeled in places and you can see bright red!

I love DIY! but i wish we had loads of money as i love house shopping but i have to reign it in! Is your house your forever home? xx

we brought from a young couple but they just had no clue! like they would do one bit and then never finish it! the garden is a disaster! Ben is an insulation installor but our house is within a conservation area so we cant have solid wall insulation and the house is so small even an extra layer of insulation inside would make it feel a lot smaller! its mid terrace though so we are lucky as next door seem to heat theres to 100 degrees! so ours is always toasty!

we went and looked at kitchens the other day but we like the opposite thing and we are hoping to only stay in this house for approx 7 years so dont want to spend a fortune! our one is ok, but the tiles are horrendous and it is so cheap! I always seem to be stuck doing the glossing and ben paints the walls, its an old victorian house so the ceilings are too high for me to paint much! our bedroom looks like a murder seen atm as under the paper was lilac paint which has peeled in places and you can see bright red!

I love DIY! but i wish we had loads of money as i love house shopping but i have to reign it in! Is your house your forever home? xx
Yea we bought with the intention of staying put... Altho if his parents keep popping over unannounced that may change!!!!!!!
(His Dad came over last Saturday even tho he knew he was working!! What's that about??!! Like I get on with them, and they're really nice n all.. But I don't want them popping over all the time just coz....)
Aww if its terraced you're OK heat wise I suppose.. I wanted a terraced house as they just feel much safer I think.. This side entrance lark has me gone bonkers!!! But My BF is a Carpenter/Cabinet Maker and wants (eventually) to have his own workshop out the back so makes sense to have side access..
Yea am loving DIY too.. Just not the paing of skirting and door frames.. I do not have a steady hand and we've just laid our new floor!!!!!!
Lotza money would make it all so much better yea...

can he not make your kitchen? that would be amazing! oh yes i do hate it when parents do that! Im quite lucky bens mum and dad only come over when invited otherwise we always go to them! ours isnt really big enough for us all anyway haha. the 2 cats take up most of the sofa! so we have to squidge on. I do find DIYing makes it hard to be healthy! Like the weekend we wanted convenient food rather than something to stand there and cook! We shall get there eventually! :) xx

can he not make your kitchen? that would be amazing! oh yes i do hate it when parents do that! Im quite lucky bens mum and dad only come over when invited otherwise we always go to them! ours isnt really big enough for us all anyway haha. the 2 cats take up most of the sofa! so we have to squidge on. I do find DIYing makes it hard to be healthy! Like the weekend we wanted convenient food rather than something to stand there and cook! We shall get there eventually! :) xx

Yea that's very true.. I find yer working away n before you know it you've not eaten for hours and suddenly are famished!!
Saturday I was very organised and put on a chicken stew int he slow cooker.. But that was a once off :)

Yea the initial plan was for him to make it.. But he's going off the idea as the time it'd take between working full time (with lotza OT thrown in) and doing that, it could take months.. See, initially he knew he'd have no work for at least a month sarting in Feb.. So the plan was to spend that time building a kitchen.. But the explosion happened and he was out of work with a broken arm.. So he couldn't build a sandwich never mind a kitchen!!! But yea, would be pretty cool alright to have a bespoke kitchen...
He's made all our skirtings and door frames n even a door for our downstairs loo... So he's put his mark on the house... But the kitchen was what he wanted as his project... And who knows.. we've not bought a kitchen yet so he still might.... :)

Yea, my Dad never comes up.. I only see him if I go to his house.. He lives prob a further 5 mins from my BF's parents... (We stayed local to where we are from) Like, they really are nice n I like them allot.. But I like to know if I have a PJ day I can relax knowing no-one will be over.. Or like, doing this painting.. I am dressed like a hobo and no-one should see me like that.. But then up comes his Dad!!! FECK OFF....

We used to live in an annex next door to my mum and dad and my mum would pop in all the time! Got to the point where we couldn't even have sex as she would either pop in or if the door was locked she would know! Cringe!

Just had my dinner or chilli with mixed beans and bns wedges. So scrummy! Ben is working away the next 2 nights so not sure what I will do yet. Hopefully do no cooking!! What are you eating tonight? Xx

Good morning ladies! So it's my wi today at 9.30! Hoping for a lb! Slowly but surely! I shall let you know how I get on.

So Ben left at 3.30 this morning and I'm shattered! But off to work I go! I'm off to my friends house for dinner this eve, so no clue what I'm having but it's always quite healthy!

How are you all on this lovely morning!? Xx

Back