From Broken Neck to Slinky V-Neck?

MissNeat

Hey everyone,

18 months ago i broke my neck in an accident that also killed my big, beautiful horse Joe. During the long, lonely hours of tests and scans and no feeling in my legs, i took stock of where i was in my life.

Like everyone i suppose, i settled for certain things because it was easier- not necessarily because it made me happy. The prospect of spending my life in a wheelchair put it all in perspective.

Luckily for me, the time i spent in a wheelchair only lasted for 11 months and now i am recovered enough to be able to walk properly, even to dance lol. However, i will never be able to ride a horse again. During that time i separated from my husband, moved myself and my kids somewhere else and thought about being happy.

Today i am happy and this next journey with CD will finish that off. I have completed the first 9 days and feel great.......so bring it on... that slinky V Neck summer dress i will be wearing soon :D

Wow. Just wow. How strong you are and how much you've achieved. Keep reminding yourself of that and CD will be another success to add to your list before you know it.

What an inspiration! You're unstoppable!! Will be routing for you on your CD journey. X

Glofs...and all that

Many thanks ladies for your comments-they are much appreciated. I'm sure you all have your own issues and are managing to conquer them-strong beautiful women.:grouphugg:

So-day number is 11 on SS and today i have learned that glofs can only happen once. What is a glof? A glacial lake outburst flood-thankyou to my eldest son who is 20 today for that piece of information. I rather feel like an outburst flood myself what with all the water i'm drinking lol.:eek:

I have also learned to like green tea-not something i thought was possible when i started-and to ignore the smell of food however enticing. I really think this diet suits me. Positive thoughts.

Happy Birthday son..you make me very proud. xx

Happy birthday to your boy!! Good luck on your journey :) xx

Wow after all you have been through you are still so positive and strong!!! Wish you all the best on your journey... you are so going to do it!!!

thank you again for your comments lovely ladies :)

Today is the end of week 2 of SS-5 and a half pounds off. Had one difficult night on Friday and could have cried because i so wanted to CHEW something. Its really weird that i don't feel hungry or that i'm not actually craving food but I am craving the feeling of eating!!

Physio says yes to riding a bike gently(gently???? how do you do that???) , which i am surprised about but pleased. I miss exercise and still, deep down inside, hope to be able to get back on a horse someday. Pipe dream maybe, but we all have to have a dream don't we? :D

Anyway, plan on a couple of gentle bike rides this week and we'll see how it goes. If the neck holds up then great, should improve the weight loss. ;)

Week 4 completed...wow the time is flying by. I thought this would be the best time to do this diet-really busy at work so the days are flying by.

Can honestly say that i'm feeling great, not just because of how much weight i'm losing, but because i feel so much better in myself.:)

Sometimes, before, i would wake up in the morning and feel like i had a serious hangover-even though i hadn't drunk anything-which is a bit of a bugger lol. If i'd had a few Sambuca's then it would have been worth it!! Now i see that this was the food i was eating, it just didn't agree with me.:(

The snow has stopped by bike riding so i hope it doesn't hang around too long-i'm really enjoying being active again. I bit the bullet at the weekend and went back to the stable yard where i used to keep my horse-first time since the accident. Lots of my friends still have their horses there and it was a bittersweet moment remembering all of the fantastic times i had there. Joe's stable has another horse in now and that felt stange but things move on and so must i.

Here's to the next month of SS.:D And this is my Joe

Attachments

• JOE small 27052005.jpg
    JOE small 27052005.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 61
Hey you are doing amazingly well and great losses!!! I have also just done week 4 and feel just like you great and much better about myself and i also used to wake up feeling like i was hungover and i used to be tired all day long all due to the junk i ate...
Good on ja and here's to another month of ss'ing =D

Thank you Yolande-and well done you!!. Your losses are also fantastic.

Its great to find a diet that actually makes you feel better whilst your on it-most diets i've been on in the past have made me feel tired and hungry and irritable lol-but not this one.

Keep up the good work :D

I don't really know where to start but your story is very moving and inspirational. After everything you've gone through you are still continuing to challenge yourself and want to improve.

Well done on your success so far - you've lost an enormous amount - this diet really does suit you! Congratulations on going back to the stables, that must have been incredibly difficult but I'm sure a necessary step to healing. Joe was absolutely beautiful.

xxx

You're an inspirational woman for sure and I have to say Joe was a hansome horse I bet you miss him.

Keep up the diary I'm looking forward to seeing your journey unfold.

xx

Thank you again for your lovely comments.

Well 5 weeks in...and this week at work i met THE most inspirational young man-Stephen Miller. Stephen has cerebal palsy and has been in a wheelchair since birth-he won his first international athletics medal at 16 years of age. On August 31 this year he will compete for a gold medal and yet another world record in his sport at the paralympics in London. I shall be cheering him on.

What i have taken away from this meeting is that your destiny is in your own hands and you can either settle for what you know in your heart is not the best for you, or, like Stephen, you can decide to embark on your own personal journey to your own personal glory and never lose sight of that goal.

Good luck to all of you on this particular journey we are on.....dig deep, we can do it :D

It's not what happens in our lives
It's the way we react to what happens

You go girl!!! You've taken some brave steps, chosen to change your life. To live not just exist. Wishing you lots of luck x
Wow, what a handsome horse, he was a beauty!!! Make your life great in memory of his being taken early. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

7 weeks in now-been sooo busy at work-am exhausted. This last week has been a bit of a nightmare all round-my Dad died at the beginning of the week and i had to travel up to Aberdeen for his funeral. Because things are so hectic at work i could only have the one day off and it was very late when my sister and i got back.

Then, to continue on with the bad week, all the main drains around my house flooded and its taken days (and nights) of work by the water company to sort it out-one night i didn't get to bed until half 2 in the morning. Mind, at least my house didn't flood, unlike my next door neighbour who came home to her furniture floating about!!

I'll be glad when the next couple of weeks are over and i can have a couple of days off-i need them to re-charge my batteries.

Diet is going good-my CDC said i was "easy" when i saw this week......how did she know that??? Ha ha ha...i'm hoping she meant because i don't find this difficult and never have any issues to talk to her about....i'd have said a better word was "boring" lol. :D

Aw im so sorry for your loss =( You are such a strong person WOW im inspired and as for that boy i just loved reading that and its true we can choose our own destiny no matter what hand life deals us. My CDC also said im easy lol i never have any issues to talk to her about but just wait until i have to do my week of 810 after 12 weeks il have a million questions =D Ah im so glad i came on here right now i was feeling a bit down about something and your diary just inspired and motivated me so THANKS! And well done on your losses.

Thanks Yolande :)

8 weeks in-2 thirds of the way....and i've never been this weight for a long time. Stress/high adrenelin levels must contribute to losing weight lol as i've lost 6lbs this week. I nearly fell off the scales in shock.

This week has certainly been an eye-opener for me-previously i have always pigged out when i was stressed or under pressure at work-not this time though. I am certainly learning that i don't need to rely on food to get me through anything. I can do it myself!!! :)

Back