From CD to Weight Watchers

bevy

Hi there,

I was wondering whether anyone had successfully gone up the steps of maintenance and then lost their last bit of weight on another diet like SW or WW....

I only have about a stone and a half to go until I reach my goal and I am finding it harder and harder not to want proper food or the odd glass of wine so I was thinking of doing SS for another two weeks and then maybe starting to go up the steps of maintenance and following the WW core plan to lose the rest of my weight....

Has anyone done this succcessfully?

no but it does sound like a good idea and something I will hopeing to be doing at the end of it all.
x

Hey Bev..
Hope your are well...
I have not done this myself but was what I was originally planning to do.. But.. I know someone that did this she lost 2 stones then went off to do slimming world think she lost something like 4 pounds in 6 weeks.. so decided to go back to cd diet to finish off!!!

It just depends what works for you but I think it would be a slower process ..

Good luck hon with whatever you decide to do :)

i am considering it, but then i saw my lovely counsellor last night and i realised that i should be able to do it on CD, but maybe i will feel different the closer i am to goal. loads of people have done it, there was a thread discussing it a couple of pages in i think, that might be helpful.

I'm planning to lose all my weight on CD, work my way through the maintenance programs and keep it off,

However, I do need that emotional support with dieting and weight, so to keep on the straight and narrow, am joining WW when I have 10lbs to go. Not to lose weight on that, as I feel its important to work through the CD maintenance, but so that I get my gold membership!

That way I can keep going to meetings for free and keep an eye on my weight once a week with the group support,

Please don't anyone take this personally, just saying things from my perspective.

The way I saw it was that the last stone or 2 was going to be the hardest bit ever. The bit where I was going to have to be totally focused and wanted a diet that would get it off as quick as possible. So....Cambridge would do that for me.

I wanted to get to goal, and come off diets completely and live like a slim person. I didn't want to carry on with someone elses view of what I should be eating...especially the view of a company who specialized in weight loss, which is a whole different ball game.

I knew that I would never attend meetings. Though I did consider doing one of the other companies for weekly weigh ins, I could get that for free from my CDC. If I went to WW or SW etc, no way would I stay for the meetings. For the 4 millions weight loss clubs I joined, I never met any maintainer that did.

Besides....if they did, what are they staying for? Advice on how to lose weight? Support and advice from people doing a totally different plan?

Besides (again). Why would I want group support? Fantastic to talk to other maintainers about how great it is here, what lubberly things we get to eat, but not support really.

After all, why would I need support to stay in a place I love, eating what I want to eat, living the life I want? Why would I need to have other people to motivate me to stay slim?

Besides (yet again), I've seen people jump ship and spend what seems a lifetime trying to get to goal, and on the odd occasion they do, they seem to be stuck with maintaining on a diet.

Of course, some CDers do this too, but that's not the idea, yet with other diets it is.

Just my opinion, but born out of previous failures with diet.

I'm planning to lose all my weight on CD, work my way through the maintenance programs and keep it off,

However, I do need that emotional support with dieting and weight, so to keep on the straight and narrow, am joining WW when I have 10lbs to go. Not to lose weight on that, as I feel its important to work through the CD maintenance, but so that I get my gold membership!

That way I can keep going to meetings for free and keep an eye on my weight once a week with the group support,

this is a fabulous idea! i think i might do it, do you know if your goal has to be within a healthy BMI range to get a gold membership???

yup, has to be in a healthy BMI and you must have at least 10lbs to lose. BUT I am still working through it with Cambridge.

Just I need that check on the straight and narrow, and I won't see my CDC every week or so. Weightwatchers may be great for some people losing weight, and I did it myself but the results were just too slow and it seemed like too much hard work at the time.

For me I was interested in this thread purely because I too have dieted on and off all my life. And almost every diet I ahve been on has been with a group WW, SW and slimming magazine ..
The problem I have always had with this support is that I never learnt anything! I know all about food, I have a diploma in diet and nutrition. I know what i should and shouldn't eat but the thing is I have a problem with food, I use it as a reward and a punishment.
For me, I am desperate to lose the weight so a diet that gives me complete nutrition, whilst breaking my reliance on food, whilst really quick has to be the way to go.
The thing is, yes we can be told we can have anything we want, as long as we count points or whatever but the thing is most of us are overweight because even though we know what we can and can't eat, we still eat it because the emotions are still there.
For me I am sure the end few stones will be difficult but I am going to use every week ont his diet to examine why I use food the way I do, and hopefully my new found knowledge will spill out and affect other areas of my life too....

Sorry for hijacking thread a little.. just my opinion, it just seems a shame to possibly jeopardise all the very hard work you are doing now, for the sake of another month or so...

You have to do what you think is right for you thoiugh and for that I wish you every bit of luck!!

x

Thanks for taking the time to reply to the thread.

I think with everything in this life it's all about personal choice and what works in our lives, not everyone will make the same decisions and not every decision you make will be right.

I haven't decided what I am going to do yet but I would still like to know if anyone has made the change to another diet successfully.

Thanks again

Bev x

For me I was interested in this thread purely because I too have dieted on and off all my life. And almost every diet I ahve been on has been with a group WW, SW and slimming magazine ..

Yep, me too. In fact, I'm an expert on how to diet...just needed to learn how to eat properly :D
is I have a problem with food, I use it as a reward and a punishment.
I think many of us do (or did). Thing is, it isn't really about the food. Yeah, I know this sounds strange because it's the food that makes us put on the weight, but look at it this way.

If I constantly throw myself against a brick wall, I'll get hurt. Is the wall to blame?

The diet is the plaster. It helps heal the wounds. In fact, when you have the plaster on there, you can often forget your have a wound at all as it's covered so well.

You may well go a little while without throwing yourself against the wall, but habits are habits and before long, there ya go again, because that's what we are used to and sometimes it's easier to do what's normal for us rather than find a different way.

So, you have a choice (as we all do). You can get to goal and go find another type of plaster. Something prettier. Something that people swear by. Or you can learn how to stop throwing yourself against the wall :D

So, for me, the wall had to go:sigh: And once I stopped throwing myself against it, I realised that it wasn't necessary for me to have someone to weigh me or apply their type of plaster and to tell me that "yes indeed...you have stopped throwing yourself against the wall" :D

The reason why I so wanted to reply in the first instance was because on previous attempts at maintaining, it never occured to me that not dieting would be an option.

Of course, I went around and around in circles...putting on weight, losing it again, using other people to help motivate me to maintain.

I realised that I needed to look outside the box. Instead of living like a dieter, I had to live like a slim person.

Good post though tillyfloss :clap:

KD I love you, you put it so succinctly!!! xx

Reactions: KD
Back