Step 1 Sole Source From Chunky Dunky to Fit & Fab - and all the bits inbetween!

Heyy Lyndsey,

My dad also passed away last summer (he was 52) which i think triggered my ridiculous weight gain (about 2 stone in 6 months!) I mean i think everyone handles grief differently and so on but I have definitely found that 7 months later I'm still actually coming to terms with it (I never used to understand how it could not fully 'sink in' for a year or so but its definitely true that I'm still emotionally living through the real loss even all this time later). The problem is we think food will make us feel better but getting fat ended up just making me feel way more depressed and out of control (and I know this is a cliche but, again, it took me living through it to fully understand). I'm 21 now and I've had to take a year out of uni and look after my mum and handle wills and help us move house and it was all so big and scary that i think - same as you - i just stopped worrying about 'myself' in that way.

Anyway absolute props for coming back on - especially when you lost and put it on again! I mean even before all this i was a bit of a yo-yo-er and I found that as soon as you're big again and say you want to lose it all, people start judging like "ahh this again - it will all go back on when you stop" and "why don't you just do it the slow, healthy way and join a gym and eat healthy?" But they don't understand that the time to comment is NOT when you're doing something positive and actually taking the steps to sort the situation out - its when you're putting it on! But everyone is silent then!

Anyway even though this post is a bit intense I promise to be more cheery in future posts Lol! Really looking forward to seeing what you lose this Saturday - not long to go - just tomorrow to get through! Good luck!

Soph xxx

Heyy Lyndsey,

My dad also passed away last summer (he was 52) which i think triggered my ridiculous weight gain (about 2 stone in 6 months!) I mean i think everyone handles grief differently and so on but I have definitely found that 7 months later I'm still actually coming to terms with it (I never used to understand how it could not fully 'sink in' for a year or so but its definitely true that I'm still emotionally living through the real loss even all this time later). The problem is we think food will make us feel better but getting fat ended up just making me feel way more depressed and out of control (and I know this is a cliche but, again, it took me living through it to fully understand). I'm 21 now and I've had to take a year out of uni and look after my mum and handle wills and help us move house and it was all so big and scary that i think - same as you - i just stopped worrying about 'myself' in that way.

Anyway absolute props for coming back on - especially when you lost and put it on again! I mean even before all this i was a bit of a yo-yo-er and I found that as soon as you're big again and say you want to lose it all, people start judging like "ahh this again - it will all go back on when you stop" and "why don't you just do it the slow, healthy way and join a gym and eat healthy?" But they don't understand that the time to comment is NOT when you're doing something positive and actually taking the steps to sort the situation out - its when you're putting it on! But everyone is silent then!

Anyway even though this post is a bit intense I promise to be more cheery in future posts Lol! Really looking forward to seeing what you lose this Saturday - not long to go - just tomorrow to get through! Good luck!

Soph xxx

Hello Hun,

Thank you SO much for sharing your story with me. It's so similar and it's nice in a weird way to talk to someone who understands how this all feels. I am still trying to get my head around the fact he's gone - even silly things like changing the number in my phone from "mum & dads" was hard. I didn't want to just have Mum so I ended up changing it to "Home" instead.

Very weird.

People are always going to have an opinion but I just think you can't please everyone so why bother trying. If it's making ME happy then that's all that matters - it doesn't impact anyone else's life at all, so they can just either keep quiet or support me. :)

XXXX

Day 7 - whooo I officially made it past the first week!!!

Weigh in tomorrow - excited but nervous too.

Had my first real test today - went to White city for work, and afterwards popped into West field to look around some stores (I work for a retailer that has a shop there) and the guys decided they wanted to have lunch also. Byron Burgers........ I am obsessed with any kind of burger and fries combo so the thought of actually not being able to eat it was overwhelming at first.

But then I reminded myself how good I'll feel standing on the scales tomorrow knowing I have not cheated once. And that kept me going. I sat at the table and sipped my still water while they all tucked into burger, fries and onion rings. I felt pretty good actually about it, I thought when the food came out I would be struggling but I was fine. I made my soup when I got into the office at half 1 - no issues.

I've realised I'm probably going to face challenges like this for the rest of my life - and it won't always be easy to avoid temptation, I have to be the one who decides what I want more - the "burger" .....or being slim and healthy.

Really hoping the scales are kind to me tomorrow - it would be just the boost I need to go into week 2!

Hope everyone else is having a fab Friday! Lie in tomorrow so big smiles from me :)

xxx

Well the results are in........13lbs OFF! Over the moon!!!

I am just so excited - infact elated, my target was 7 - I smashed that almost literally by 2!

Next week - I'll have my first stone off - so happy!

More excited that from the beginning of Jan I've lost 31lbs - that's pretty friggin impressive going!

Just had my first soup of the day , another one at 2pm, my shake at half 4 then my last soup at 8pm tonight.

Ohhh I could squeeze a grape I'm so happy!

Happy Frickin Saturday everyone!!!

xxx

Well the results are in........13lbs OFF! Over the moon!!! I am just so excited - infact elated, my target was 7 - I smashed that almost literally by 2! Next week - I'll have my first stone off - so happy! More excited that from the beginning of Jan I've lost 31lbs - that's pretty friggin impressive going! Just had my first soup of the day , another one at 2pm, my shake at half 4 then my last soup at 8pm tonight. Ohhh I could squeeze a grape I'm so happy! Happy Frickin Saturday everyone!!! xxx

Congratulations!! That's a whopping loss! x

Thanks hun - absolutely over the moon! Has made going into week 2 that much easier!

xxx

Hello Lovelies,

Didn't manage to blog yesterday - it was a weird day. Still on plan - no slip up/issues there - same old same old. I found myself REALLY bored yesterday - I went to bed quite early on Saturday night (just after 10pm) and slept right through to half 9 yesterday morning. Woke up feeling really groggy - from oversleeping obvs lol.

Couldn't quite manage to do much, did some washing, contacted a few companies about potential lettings, and then went for a short walk with the OH.

Work is manic today - I am feeling stressed and it's showing - my eczema is flaring up on my arms and driving me mad, It's so sore and red *woe is me* lol.

Hoping for another good loss this week - scales are already showing i'm 2lb down from Saturday so fingers crossed I drop another couple of those bad boys before Saturday. Would love a 7lb loss but will happily take a 5lb. This would safely put me over that 1stone loss mark and nicely on my way to the 2stone loss. Still aiming for 4 stone before I go away in May - I think it's doable but I need to stay focused.

I really should get off here and get back to my actions for today.

Roll on 6pm and I am outta here! Might even be a good girl and walk home from the bus stop - it's a good mile and a half and it's free - what more can you need?

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Hello Lovelies, Didn't manage to blog yesterday - it was a weird day. Still on plan - no slip up/issues there - same old same old. I found myself REALLY bored yesterday - I went to bed quite early on Saturday night (just after 10pm) and slept right through to half 9 yesterday morning. Woke up feeling really groggy - from oversleeping obvs lol. Couldn't quite manage to do much, did some washing, contacted a few companies about potential lettings, and then went for a short walk with the OH. Work is manic today - I am feeling stressed and it's showing - my eczema is flaring up on my arms and driving me mad, It's so sore and red *woe is me* lol. Hoping for another good loss this week - scales are already showing i'm 2lb down from Saturday so fingers crossed I drop another couple of those bad boys before Saturday. Would love a 7lb loss but will happily take a 5lb. This would safely put me over that 1stone loss mark and nicely on my way to the 2stone loss. Still aiming for 4 stone before I go away in May - I think it's doable but I need to stay focused. I really should get off here and get back to my actions for today. Roll on 6pm and I am outta here! Might even be a good girl and walk home from the bus stop - it's a good mile and a half and it's free - what more can you need? Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Hi Lyndsey, glad to hear you are still on track despite the work stress! That's my major trigger. Hope you got through the day unscathed!

Did you do cwp before? I am wondering if your eczema improved last time?

Hi Lyndsey, glad to hear you are still on track despite the work stress! That's my major trigger. Hope you got through the day unscathed!

Did you do cwp before? I am wondering if your eczema improved last time?

Hello Hun, sorry haven't had a chance to check my blog again.

Yes I did it before in 2013 - I didn't really have eczema when I did it before, this is quite a new thing in the last 6 months. I think my psoriasis on my scalp did clear a bit , but my hair loss was quite drastic so I didn't notice that as such.

Managed to dodge any bullets yesterday and walked home from the bus - good 25 minute walk in the freezing cold - was proud though when I got home and I slept like a baby, I was shattered lol. Got into bed about quarter past 9 and was asleep by half past. Plan on doing the same again tonight lol

xxx

Day 12 on plan - can't believe how quickly the days are flying by!

Still ploughing through - not hungry at all, which is very unlike me. Ketosis well and truely kicked in - I've been checking and the sticks don't lie lol.

Had a SP this morning - seems a couple of lbs have come off but not much. Not worrying too much - it's fine, 2nd week is usually always a lot less than first. Hopefully body catches up to lose a few more before Sat WI :)

Heyy! Omg 13lbs is amazing - especially considering you'd already lost some weight before you started! If I lost 13lbs I'd be at my goal weight - and I've planned weeks and weeks for that!
Having said that, I have had a terribly cheaty weekend which began on friday and ended sunday night so a good 3 days of madness (cakes, crisps - you name it, i had it) and I'm just so envious of people who have managed to stick it out. Only 2 more days for you till 2 weeks properly...I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and just use iron will to avoid temptation as cheating has just made me feel rubbish and like I'm wasting my time and money :(

Soph xxx

Heyy! Omg 13lbs is amazing - especially considering you'd already lost some weight before you started! If I lost 13lbs I'd be at my goal weight - and I've planned weeks and weeks for that!
Having said that, I have had a terribly cheaty weekend which began on friday and ended sunday night so a good 3 days of madness (cakes, crisps - you name it, i had it) and I'm just so envious of people who have managed to stick it out. Only 2 more days for you till 2 weeks properly...I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and just use iron will to avoid temptation as cheating has just made me feel rubbish and like I'm wasting my time and money :(

Soph xxx

Hey Hun, sorry for late repsonse. Oh don't be disheartened - it can take a while to adjust to the idea of no food. I enjoy the feeling of being in control (major control freak lol) so this works for me. Just keep thinking of what you want more - to eat the cake, or to feel happy and confident in your own skin. You could easily lose 13lbs in a few weeks on CD if you give it 110%.

How have you gotten on the last few days? xxx

Hello Lovelies,

Well another successful weigh in - 5lbs off this week. Was a little disheartened at first, I was hoping for a 7 but I do realise that I had a massive loss last week, and my body isn't a machine lol ( well an eating machine maybe lol).

I've also missed quite a few of my packs this week - unintentionally, I've just been so busy at work I haven't had a chance to stop and have them. I counted and I had 9 left over from last week - very naughty!!

I need to ensure that I set an alarm on my phone to prompt me to have my packs when I am supposed to. I need to make sure that I definitely have them this week as my consultant said that missing packs may halt the weight loss - or at the very least can slow it down. So I need to make sure I'm on it this week.

I've also been really good at my water intake and cut down on the coke zero - I've stopped having it at work and only have a small glass in the evening. It's definitely helped me feel less bloated - and I've got my water flavouring this week so that will help stop the Coke Zero cravings.

And on that note - I need to get my lunchtime soup so better get off here.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

xx

5lbs is great! I know 2nd week should be a big one but because you basically lost a stone week 1, I think you'd expect 2nd week to be more like a 'consolidate that weight loss' week. And 5lbs is more than just consolidation, that's a real, chunky weight loss.

I have had a similar pattern with my losses (though obviously they're less than yours) and to be honest i was just happy to lose anything last week (though i did cheat as I said before so that also would have made the situation worse). Even though I knew I'd be lucky to lose a few lbs, it still was a little disappointing only losing 3lbs because i had lost so much last week but if you think about it: we've both lost over a stone in 2 weeks! OMG OMG OMG!!!

The other day at the gym, the scales there (which always tell me I'm at least 2lbs lighter than i actually am) had me in the 10 stones! - albeit 10 stone 13.5 - and even though it doesn't actually mean i'm in the 10s...its still a confidence boost that even if the weight loss is slower, it is actually coming off!

Anyway, I'm a diet coke addict too! I find it makes my craving for food worse though so I'm really trying to avoid it and just stick to the water and keep busy to keep me away from temptation...Also - I can't believe you have been missing products?! I literally count down the minutes till i can have my next one and have the meal as well. Missing products = superhuman!

Good luck this week!
Soph xxxxx

5lbs is great! I know 2nd week should be a big one but because you basically lost a stone week 1, I think you'd expect 2nd week to be more like a 'consolidate that weight loss' week. And 5lbs is more than just consolidation, that's a real, chunky weight loss.

I have had a similar pattern with my losses (though obviously they're less than yours) and to be honest i was just happy to lose anything last week (though i did cheat as I said before so that also would have made the situation worse). Even though I knew I'd be lucky to lose a few lbs, it still was a little disappointing only losing 3lbs because i had lost so much last week but if you think about it: we've both lost over a stone in 2 weeks! OMG OMG OMG!!!

The other day at the gym, the scales there (which always tell me I'm at least 2lbs lighter than i actually am) had me in the 10 stones! - albeit 10 stone 13.5 - and even though it doesn't actually mean i'm in the 10s...its still a confidence boost that even if the weight loss is slower, it is actually coming off!

Anyway, I'm a diet coke addict too! I find it makes my craving for food worse though so I'm really trying to avoid it and just stick to the water and keep busy to keep me away from temptation...Also - I can't believe you have been missing products?! I literally count down the minutes till i can have my next one and have the meal as well. Missing products = superhuman!

Good luck this week!
Soph xxxxx

Lol superhuman - I'll take it :) I'm usually looking forward to my products over the weekend - but during the week, I'm so engrossed at work I just don't notice the time. I've also had a million and one meetings this week so I haven't had a chance to actually have them - I ended up taking my soup into a meeting yesterday otherwise I would have completely missed breakfast (as it was already quarter past 11).

I know 5lbs is good - I know that in my head. 18lbs in 2 weeks is amazing - I am over the moon! I'm starting to notice things in my body with the changes - my cheekbones are starting to show and my clothes are fitting much better. I've put my purple ribbon on again from when I started and the difference is massive already :)

Well done for getting into the 10's - I can't wait to get there, but it's miles away lol! xxxx

Lol superhuman - I'll take it :) I'm usually looking forward to my products over the weekend - but during the week, I'm so engrossed at work I just don't notice the time. I've also had a million and one meetings this week so I haven't had a chance to actually have them - I ended up taking my soup into a meeting yesterday otherwise I would have completely missed breakfast (as it was already quarter past 11). I know 5lbs is good - I know that in my head. 18lbs in 2 weeks is amazing - I am over the moon! I'm starting to notice things in my body with the changes - my cheekbones are starting to show and my clothes are fitting much better. I've put my purple ribbon on again from when I started and the difference is massive already :) Well done for getting into the 10's - I can't wait to get there, but it's miles away lol! xxxx

Well done on the 5lbs!! Can't believe you are even slightly disappointed! It's amazing. More than a stone in 2 weeks must feel great. :)

Well done on the 5lbs!! Can't believe you are even slightly disappointed! It's amazing. More than a stone in 2 weeks must feel great. :)

I know - I'm silly for even feeling disappointed. :) I feel much happier about it all today - I think I was expecting more but actually when I read my old diaries again I realise this time around I've lost more in 2 weeks than last time - last time in 2 weeks I lost 15lbs, this time 18lbs so I'm well on track.

Just so excited to get the weight off and finally feel happy!:)

Another weekend almost over (sort of lol). Can't believe we are already in March - feels like 5 minutes ago it was Christmas!

I'm so buzzed by being on plan right now, I feel positive again about the future and I have let go of the feelings of helplessness that came with overeating.

I am absolutely over the moon to be finally back on plan - It was definitely the best decision for me.
smiley1.gif

10 weeks until food week - then another 12 week stint on SS before heading up the steps. Don't really want to move up the steps until I am about 2 stone away from goal - I'd rather stay on SS and get the results, then move up.

Got a wedding in July - would absolutely love to be in a size 16 dress by then ( well actually I'd love to be in a 14 dress but I'm being realistic lol). And 100% by Christmas I want to be in a size 10, no no scrap that - I will be in a size 10.

On my 3rd 500ml bottle of water today - finish this then I'll aim for another one before my 4pm shake ( chocolate tetra slightly frozen - delicious!) and then another 2 bottles before the end of the day.

I really want another 5lbs off this week - so I'm going to try and increase my water intake this week to 4litres a day instead of 3. I'm also gonna give the coke zero a miss in the evenings - when I get home from work I'll have my glass of fizzy water with the water flavouring to see if that helps. Would rather not rely on coke zero if I can help it.

I've still got such a long way to go - 142lbs still to drop, but a couple of lbs at a time. Another few weeks with big losses hopefully will put a good dent in that, and then I know it'll likely drop down to 3-4lbs a week which is fine because it's what is expected.

Just feel positive about the future - it's a nice change.
smiley1.gif

Long may it last ..... xx

Afternoon all :)

Todays been good - it's roasting in the office and I've already drank well over 3 litres - definitely on target to hit 4litres by bedtime.

Got doctors at half 7 to have a chat about my deja vu episodes - the MRI I had done a few weeks ago was clear, so I'm now wondering what the eff is giving me these episodes, They are vile - I wouldn't wish them on anyone. Hopefully dr can shed some light.

Until then I'm just hanging around the office catching up on some last minute bits and pieces before tomorrow. I love the end of the day on a Monday because I feel like as soon as it's over, the days just fly by and before you know it, It will be the weekend again! I'm very lucky to have an amazing 9-5 job in the city that I love - before this I was a care worker and literally worked 7am - 5pm every day and 7-11pm every night , 6 days a week. I was absolutely exhausted when I left, I actually took like 6 months off before I started looking for another "career" job when I first moved to London. It was heaven :):)

Diet wise - all good today, had my bar for breakfast (lovely treat) and then my soup at lunchtime and I've just finished my 3rd product. I'll have another soup when I get in tonight after the docs before bed. I'm absolutely shattered today - I slept so late yesterday (didn't get up until lunchtime lol) so I was awake until nearly 11 last night (very unlike me - I'm a 9pm girl lol).

So felt so tired this morning , but I'll make up for it tonight - as soon as I get home, shower , pjs , soup and bed :):)

xxxx

Back