From Fat Matt to... well, we'll see!

Weigh in tonight, and it's a maintain. It's my first maintain/gain since starting, and whilst it's disappointing, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't deserved. I went round my friend's on Sunday night to watch the Superbowl, and drank half a bottle of Archers and ate so much junk to the point I threw up! This has never happened in my entire life from what I remember, shows how much my diet has changed overall!

Then mum made a Sunday dinner on Tuesday night, and that meal alone was around 30 syns taking into account the meat gravy, Yorkshire puddings and roasts. I'm not home for 6 weeks now though so wanted to enjoy it.

Just glad it wasn't a gain, even though I knew it'd be my own fault, it'd be a lot more disheartening.

Back to my Sheffield group on Tuesday night. I've got nothing on til then, but I'm worried it'll be a maintain or gain due to scale differences. I remember losing 3lb in the week I changed groups over Christmas on a week where it definitely shouldn't have been that much, so we shall find out soon enough!

Maintains/gains are disappointing, but they are part of the journey. And the main thing is how you deal with it. Some people go into a downward spiral, others get back on it and turn things around. You sound like you will be one of the latter :) Don't worry about what the different scales say next week, stick to plan and it will show, if not next week, the week after :) You have done so well this far, one maintain is nothing compared to the weight you have already lost :)

I agree with Elanor completely. Last week was my first STS and only week I've not lost (apart form the xmas gain which I was prepared for)
It is disheartening, but it's not about a gain here or there or STS..it's all about how you get back on it and make the next week a loss again! Good Luck for next week :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words as usual :D Definitely won't let it get me into a downward spiral.

That said though, I had a tricky night tonight, which sadly might end up as another maintain. But we shall see on Tuesday! Didn't exactly help myself by ordering the Mega Mixed Grill. Remember having a normal one which wasn't as filling, forgetting that it was before my diet and it now doesn't take as much to feel full. I can say no to chocolate in front of my face, but if I have food left on a plate in front of me, then I find it difficult to say no.

Not beating myself up about it though. Back to Sheffield next week where it'll be easier to regain full control. Just hoping I got lucky tonight! I did have diet pepsi and asked for no onion rings, who knows ;)

I wouldn't worry about the mixed grill. I have had a dominos pizza and bottle of wine before now, and still had a good loss that week! To say I was surprised was an understatement. Assuming 3 meals a day, that is 21 meals a week, and last night was just 1 of those 21 :) Well done on not beating yourself up, and you will be in proper control in no time :)

So back to my regular group :D And in 5 days and with that meal out, I somehow lost 2lbs! Have nothing planned this week, so feeling on the ball and ready to get my 3 stone award next week! :D

Think I'll take some more photos and body measurements once I've lost another 10lbs or so, then I'll have lost 1 stone 12lbs since my last measurements and 1 stone 10lbs or so since my last photos. I felt a little disappointed when doing body measurements before, so a little worried of feeling that disappointed again!

Well done that's awesome-you should be so pleased :)

Taking more pictures/measurements is a great idea-dont know if you're the same but I know I can't always see the results until you look at a previous pic and think 'wow I can really see the difference'. It's always a nice boost!

You're doing so well-have a great week :)

Sorry for forgetting to reply, but thanks!

Feeling like a whingy sod on here recently, aha.

Weigh in tonight, and I'm gutted with half a pound lost. It doesn't feel like a loss, feels like a maintain. That half pound could have been put on if I'd had my tea before. Grrrr. Just half a pound to get my 3 stone award!

I don't know what's gone on this week, and that's why I'm gutted. No meals out, and within my syn range all week.

I'll just have to see how next week goes. I can't honestly say I've stuck to plan 100%, as I probably don't have enough speed food as a third of each meal. I just find it odd that my losses would suddenly become so slow. So I think I'm gonna carry the week on as normal, and if it's a maintain/small loss next week, I'll increase the speed foods I have.

Nothing wrong with a whinge lol....We all need them!

Our bodies can be weird things, sometimes we can be really good and not lose that much. Keep on plan and you will hopefully see a good loss and that award next week :) You can do it :)

I bloody hope so! :p

So the disappointing loss inspired me to try a kind of SP day. It was only a day and I missed my carbs and meat so much, aha! I know I can have meat, I just didn't know what to have with it. So I had:

Breakfast:
Porridge (HE B) with 140ml milk (HE A), banana and apple - the banana is why I say "kind of SP day" xD

Dinner:
Beans on x2 wholemeal toast (HE B), pear

Tea:
3 egg omelette with mushrooms and onion

Was so hungry a few hours after tea, I finished the half tin of beans and had some mushrooms, that seemed to do the trick. So essentially four small meals. Nothing extravagant, but most of the meal ideas I see for SP don't look like my type of thing. Not expecting dramatic results from a single day of SP, but it was interesting to try and hopefully helped just a little, as it was quite a bigger calorie deficit than what I'd usually have.

I struggled for a day, never mind a week :D I may try a week at one point, but I think it'd be a last resort if I had no idea what else to do.

Well done trying SP, I am never organised enough to be bothered to try it lol. Plus I like the option to have carbs. I can see why you were hungry though, I would of been too :D Hope you get a good loss this week :)

Thanks guys :D Aha Elanor, I wouldn't usually be organised enough either. I've heard people say in group how they enjoyed doing SP, and good for them, but having carbs is one of the big attractions of the Slimming World plan?! xD

I've been weighing myself today and yesterday just to see how things are going after last week. The scales aren't saying I've put on or anything, but I don't know why I bother when I know they're crap. I'd bin them if they weren't my housemates :p

Was told it's national chip week in group this week, and she asked us what we put on our chips. This inspired me to try mixing things up a little, as I have chips several times a week. So I've tried ones with garlic granules and ones with cajun seasoning sprinkled on. Wish I'd thought to do this earlier, the ones with cajun on are especially beauuuuutiful! They look so much more appealing too than just regular oven baked ones. Seriously guys, give them a go! Got some in the oven now with the BBQ chicken drumstick recipe from the fakeaway book. Absolute heaven :D

I don't have chocolate often either, but yesterday had the double caramel Kit Kat for 11 syns. I think buying very little chocolate in the past almost 5 months shocked me more with how much they seem to have shrunk in size! That said, probably better for my syns, and it was delicious!

I also remeasured my height today. My dad told me I was 5ft 7 when we tried a few weeks ago, but after having a few people say their heights and be surprised when I said mine, did it again today and housemates told me it's 5ft 6". Means I have to lose a little more for a healthy BMI, but I wonder how much an inch really matters in terms of the number on the scales being a good representation of what I look like, if that makes sense!

I think SP is going to be one of those things that doesn't suit everyone. I agree, carbs not being restricted is one of the attractions of SW :) Give me a big bowl of pasta with loads of cheese and I am very happy lol. Well, within my HexA :D

Haha, step away from the scales! At least you know they are crap :p

I heard it was Chip Week! Using garlic granules is a good idea, I love garlic! I have been tempted by the herb/spice shakers specifically for chips, I think the one I looked at was by Schwartz. I must invest one day! Is Cajun spicy? If it is I may have to avoid that one :)

I wouldn't of thought an inch would make a lot of difference, might depend on your body shape as well. Maybe keep going to your current target, then see how you feel. You can always lose a bit more if that is what you want to do.

Hope you are having a good week :)

One of the big advantages of not liking cheese is that I can use my HE A and 2 syns on a hot chocolate every day. I always have it when I'm just chilling, so it really does feel like a treat!

Hmmm I'm not sure how to describe cajun, aha. I don't think it's that spicy, personally.

Yeah shall do! I wouldn't have thought so either, which is why I found the difference a little silly in the suggested BMI xD

And thanks! Turns out I had a great week! Weigh in was tonight, and check these beauties out!

3 and a half pound loss this week, completely shocked! Also takes me into a new stone zone, meaning my target stone zone is now 2 stone away! :D

Last edited:
Well done on the award!! And that is a fab loss :) New stone zone is an amazing feeling! Won't be too long before the 12's :)

Back