From Fat Matt to... well, we'll see!

Thanks! :D

The 12 stone is something I'm really excited for, can't even remember if I got to the 12 zone on my last diet!

Even more motivation for you :) Then it will be straight onto the 11's!

Congrats Matt! Well done!

Thanks everyone :D

Aw, thanks Gilljo!

Was supposed to be going out with my sister and niece for a meal later, but she had to cancel. Gutted! I was going to have a bit of a blowout. Not total blowout where I lose control, but a completely off plan meal. Instead, me and my housemate are going to watch The Hunger Games: Mockingbird Part 1 and order a Chinese. It's over my syn limit, but I'm ready for a treat. I'll have something like Singapore Fried Rice and share a bag of chips, so it won't be too wild, but still a good amount over my syn limit.

Chinese sounds good, we all need a blowout every now and again :) I am having a Chinese in 2 weeks time, first one since May/June last year!! No idea how I have managed to go this long :D

Enjoy your evening, then get back on it tomorrow :)

Now that is good going! :p I've had two since I started Slimming World, still a lot less than I'd have before, aha.

If I maintain/put on in weigh in day on Tuesday, so be it. I'll be disappointed, but I knew I was taking a chance. But I've had a lovely night in with my housemate watching The Hunger Games and Shutter Island, and eating :p

I did have an impulse 12 syns on some dark chocolate we had in the cupboard. My Chinese portion of rice was massive, so think I had 2 meals worth in that, so haven't had 3 proper meals today.

Going by the 11 syns per 350g portion of special fried rice (as syns online calls it), I'm gonna say 44 syns on rice, around 15-20 on chips, and 12 on chocolate, so that's around 76 syns.

Who knows, I may be OK. Most of them were part of my meal, so it's not like I had 76 syns worth of chocolate on top of what I'd usually eat.

I'm also curious as to whether it would even be that many. I'm curious as to how Slimming World calculate it at 11 syns, as all the food is free. If it was oil, and it's 6 syns per 17.5ml, that'd mean around 125ml of oil to cook a portion of rice?

I'm not trying to justify it btw :D I understand that they have to overestimate syns to protect our weight losses, it's just interesting as you'll find syns have increased for general takeaway items from the old pack to the one given out at the start of this year.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday! I have a meal out at a Japanese next Saturday, but that won't be too hard as I could stick to sushi. If I do lose/maintain on weigh in day, I may treat myself if I end up rearranging with my sister. Shall find out soon enough!

Sounds like you had a fab night and it definitely has to be done every so often. I've done it a few times then start wandering 'what if' I didn't do this and that but I honestly I think if I was 100% all the time, yea I'd get to target but as a food lover I wouldn't stay there long as I would go crazy on all the foods I totally restricted. I definitely think to make it a lifestyle change you have to indulge every now and again-tho I'm a bit of an expert in that field ha.

Reading about your Chinese had made me a bit too excited for the one I'm having after wi on wed as depending what happens it could be an awesome off plan meal-cant wait :). Asked the group about the syn difference and apparently it's a mixture of bigger portion sizes and change of recipes-still I've had losses using the old book figures so perhaps it doesn't matter too much (or I got lucky!)

Good luck for wi-hope you get the result you want :)

Now that is good going! :p I've had two since I started Slimming World, still a lot less than I'd have before, aha.

If I maintain/put on in weigh in day on Tuesday, so be it. I'll be disappointed, but I knew I was taking a chance. But I've had a lovely night in with my housemate watching The Hunger Games and Shutter Island, and eating :p

I did have an impulse 12 syns on some dark chocolate we had in the cupboard. My Chinese portion of rice was massive, so think I had 2 meals worth in that, so haven't had 3 proper meals today.

Going by the 11 syns per 350g portion of special fried rice (as syns online calls it), I'm gonna say 44 syns on rice, around 15-20 on chips, and 12 on chocolate, so that's around 76 syns.

Who knows, I may be OK. Most of them were part of my meal, so it's not like I had 76 syns worth of chocolate on top of what I'd usually eat.

I'm also curious as to whether it would even be that many. I'm curious as to how Slimming World calculate it at 11 syns, as all the food is free. If it was oil, and it's 6 syns per 17.5ml, that'd mean around 125ml of oil to cook a portion of rice?

I'm not trying to justify it btw :D I understand that they have to overestimate syns to protect our weight losses, it's just interesting as you'll find syns have increased for general takeaway items from the old pack to the one given out at the start of this year.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday! I have a meal out at a Japanese next Saturday, but that won't be too hard as I could stick to sushi. If I do lose/maintain on weigh in day, I may treat myself if I end up rearranging with my sister. Shall find out soon enough!

It is! For a while I thought I might be ill :D I have had Dominos pizza though, and still lost the following week! No idea how, but shows it can be done, and I didn't restrict my syns after, but I did drink lots of water.

You have a good attitude to the next weigh-in. After all it is only the one weigh-in, and you can easily turn it around for the next one.

It would be interesting to know how they calculate the syns. When the new book came out there was a discussion in group about how much the syn values went up for a lot of the food in the eating out/takeout section. If I remember rightly, it was because now they were using the average tub size, instead of a serving (which is smaller). My consultant said because they can't be 100% on nutritional value, as it can vary between takeaways etc, they over syn to be safer.

Oh I hear you michrm. I know full well what I'm doing, yet the "what if" thoughts are still there. My mind is generally thinking about my weight loss quite a lot though. It's not the restraint I find hard, it's the mentality of knowing this is gonna take a while. Every week feels like a countdown to the next week hoping to see a loss. It's not nice in all honesty, but not doing this would be a hell of a lot worse. Good luck for WI and enjoy that deserved Chinese :D Even though I tend to stick to the "superfree" as opposed to speed, I vary on whether to use the old syns or updated ones xD

That's happened with me a few times too Elanor! I do struggle to not be tempted into other options when I eat out. I see it as if I'm paying for it, I'll bloody enjoy it. Paying £5-£7, or whatever, for a chicken breast with potatoes isn't fun, would rather take the risk! About the portion sizes, yeah that makes sense. But even then I looked at the syns for what Slimming World called a portion of chips from the chip shop. Turns out it was talking about a cone of chips, I think. I swear I only see them when I go to the sea side, and even then it's not always a cone.

Lost control a bit just, so weighed myself at home (I know I say I won't, but the wait til Tuesday kills me!). Told myself I'd have a good day today, and managed to stick to 5 syns. Then I made my housemate a cake for her birthday, and tried the butter cream, which was beauuuuuuutiful. So then I tried some more. And more. I don't know how much I had, I'd guess around 7 teaspoons worth? Didn't go mental, but probably went over my syns again. Like I say, I'm OK with walking past chocolate in the shop. It's when it's right in front of me it's hard!

Will save my syns for a piece of birthday cake tomorrow, and hope for the best on Tuesday night. Hoping for a maintain or a slight loss, so if I do go out for a meal with my sister, I can relax more. Hurry up Tuesday!

1lb off this week! What a miracle, aha. Had birthday cake yesterday, which was cut into 8 slices, and each slice contained around 28 syns (around 8 of these are purely on the butter cream, which was delicious!)

Lets see how this weekend goes. Got those two meals out I mentioned. Will stay on plan, or very close to plan, on the Saturday at the Japanese restaurant, but am probably gonna go a little crazy on the Sunday at Handmade Burger Company, assuming my sister doesn't have to cancel again xD Peanut butter burger and Oreo milkshake. Prepared for the potential consequences!

Just 3lbs from my 3 and a half stone award now. I always find the half stone awards come round kinda quick, it's the whole number awards that feel like forever!

Well done on the loss :)

Your weekend sounds yummy! I'm jealous :D

I know what you mean about the whole numbers! Always feels like it takes ages! Then again, I am very impatient lol....

Thanks guys!

Aha just think that you're a lot more likely to lose than me, should stop the jealousy :p Peanut butter burger sounds odd but delightful! I know it's essentially just peanut butter spread on top, but should be strangely nice, aha.

I really can't wait to lose another 10lbs. Want to take some more photos and measurements once I reach 4 stone lost!

Just bumped into a friend who I haven't seen for a couple of months, and she didn't know I'm doing Slimming World. The first thing she did was compliment me on my weight loss. Love that feeling :D

Just bumped into a friend who I haven't seen for a couple of months, and she didn't know I'm doing Slimming World. The first thing she did was compliment me on my weight loss. Love that feeling :D

Aww it's the best feeling when people notice your weight loss I'm sure it's made your day and completely focused to keep hearing it :) you are doing so well and deserve the praise you are receiving! Pictures are great motivation for you, and also us, so keep them coming!
I'm still intrigued by this peanut butter burger, hope it's nice! I used to be a bit obsessed with peanut butter, obviously not now but it definitely sounds pretty good to me!! X

Popping in to subscribe! You look brilliant!

You seem to be doing so so well, I'm back on after being close to target and then a trip to the USA ruined me, Japan sounds much healthier!
X

See if you can manage to add a few days of EESP to your week Matt. It really can give you a boost! I'm like you and like my carbs, but it was worth the salads and veg for 4 days it worked for me last week, so much so I'm doing another 3 or 4 days this week again :)

Thanks buttons and llamasoks :D Good luck on getting to target! At the end of the day, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I hope you don't have too many regrets. Japan still has lots of tasty looking unhealthy food, even just trying the different Japan specific foods at places like McDonalds :p KitKats are popular in Japan so there's a ton of flavours, and they have tasty deep fried food too. Hoping to be at target, or pretty close so I can try all the different foods, but maybe just a chocolate bar a day instead of several.

Gilljo, nutella was my weakness whenever we had it in the house, aha. Peanut butter and nutella are so much worse than chocolate, can easily eat probably a days calories worth in one go! It's weird to think how much junk I could eat. On a treat night, more so during university holidays as I linked food with enjoying the holidays, I'd eat a big portion of rice and a portion of chips from the Chinese, a tub of Ben and Jerrys in one go, and a sharing bag of crisps, usually chipsticks/Doritos. Plus my usual junk throughout the day, which was unhealthy oven food, several bags of crisps and several chocolate bars.

I won't do any SP this week Gemsta, will see how weigh in goes, and if it goes badly, I'll add some SP days to that week. I've done my weekly food shop, and it was kinda hard doing just one day on SP, so only want to use that if I feel I need to :p Just trying to limit my syns a bit. Had 7 today, around 10 yesterday, and will probably have a similar amount tomorrow. Already looked at what to have at the Japanese place, think I'll have either sushi, or Chicken Donburi (rice with sweet teriyaki sauce and chicken) which is about 15/15.5 syns. Sunday is gonna be a hell of a lot of syns, aha.

What are your guys thoughts on limiting meals when you know it's gonna be a bad day? I know Slimming World won't advise you miss a meal, but when I know I've got a bad day coming, on that day I tend to have two meals, the one I eat at home being light depending how hungry I am. I also try and only eat when I'm really hungry. So instead of waking up and eating breakfast straight away, waiting til I'm really hungry so the gap between the two meals isn't as bad.

Back