From Fat Matt to... well, we'll see!

For me I have a badness scale lol-this week for example (bearing in mind wi was only wed night lol) have had a massive chinese and dominos plus a few other snacks-as I'm not feeling great at all I know I went wayyyyy too far lol. So to combat this I try not to skip meals as I end up eating more (no idea why, it's prob just me!) but rather turn them into a flexi syn week and have no more syns till wi-filling up on free food.

When I've been super bad (again this week ha) I have a couple soup days where I have my healthy extras for breakfast, s & p snacks and a soup packed with s & p foods twice a day. I do the same thing if I plan a 'naughty' night out just try and focus on s & p during the day.

Thing is everyone is different so if that works for you that's awesome-i end up using flexi syns almost every week-sw don't recommend it but it works for me. You've come so far doing what youre doing so it must work :)

You're probably better off eating light but little and often to keep your metabolic rate high ready for those big meals I think, you'll end up feeling sluggish if you limit and then go wild. Of course there is a lot to be said for intermittent fasting but I think being kind on your body and keeping it energised is important.

Hmmmmm... I can only speak for me, but I know when I've not eaten enough my losses are not as good as they could be. Sometimes as I work nights I end up sleeping through lunch time and missing it. I think your better off having little and often rather than skipping a meal as such, and although your trying to compensate for the the bad day if your really hungry you may well go for broke and think it sod it and grab whatever comes to hand. It could slow your loss as your body may think your starving yourself and holds onto fat, but that's just my opinion :)

For me I have a badness scale lol-this week for example (bearing in mind wi was only wed night lol) have had a massive chinese and dominos plus a few other snacks-as I'm not feeling great at all I know I went wayyyyy too far lol. So to combat this I try not to skip meals as I end up eating more (no idea why, it's prob just me!) but rather turn them into a flexi syn week and have no more syns till wi-filling up on free food.

When I've been super bad (again this week ha) I have a couple soup days where I have my healthy extras for breakfast, s & p snacks and a soup packed with s & p foods twice a day. I do the same thing if I plan a 'naughty' night out just try and focus on s & p during the day.

Thing is everyone is different so if that works for you that's awesome-i end up using flexi syns almost every week-sw don't recommend it but it works for me. You've come so far doing what youre doing so it must work :)

Definitely not just you! I find that if it's a planned skipped meal, I'm OK, and if I get hungry, then that's fine and I'll end up having a small meal. Nothing to feel guilty over. I don't often give in to impulses, but when I was really hungry last weekend before my Chinese, I had 12 unplanned syns of chocolate.

I actually always, always have my HE B as part of a meal. Either toast with fruit if I'm in a rush, beans on toast, or a bun for my Slimming World friendly burger. I'd actually struggle with good light meal ideas if it didn't implement my HE B, aha.

You're probably better off eating light but little and often to keep your metabolic rate high ready for those big meals I think, you'll end up feeling sluggish if you limit and then go wild. Of course there is a lot to be said for intermittent fasting but I think being kind on your body and keeping it energised is important.

Very true, I definitely don't want to affect my metabolism badly. I have housemates who can go all day without eating a meal, or just a single meal. Don't know how they manage it!

Hmmmmm... I can only speak for me, but I know when I've not eaten enough my losses are not as good as they could be. Sometimes as I work nights I end up sleeping through lunch time and missing it. I think your better off having little and often rather than skipping a meal as such, and although your trying to compensate for the the bad day if your really hungry you may well go for broke and think it sod it and grab whatever comes to hand. It could slow your loss as your body may think your starving yourself and holds onto fat, but that's just my opinion :)

I've heard of this with quite a few people, so it's something I'll keep in mind actually, thanks!

I've just been for my Japanese meal, and not come back feeling guilty! It was absolutely gorgeous too. I had Chicken Donburi (chicken and sticky rice) with sweet teriyaki sauce, and 2 sweet inari as planned. The unplanned bit was 1 more sweet inari, which is rice in a sweet tofu parcel, and sweet tamago nigiri, which is like a square of rice with sweet egg on top. So nothing crazy, but had a lovely night! The wagamama chicken donburi is 15.5 syns, so I'll guess similar for the one I ate, and around 5-7 syns for the sushi? Not a clue about the sushi to be honest.

Will post again after my meal out tomorrow. It's actually really nice that even though the meals aren't perfect, they're planned bad syns, so there's zero stress at the moment!

I'm glad you had a lovely evening :) Planned syns are the best ones, as you can mentally prepare yourself for them, and forget feeling guilty! I have a Chinese takeaway planned for next weekend with a friend, so there will be alcohol too. I know it is going to take me way over my syns, but I am completely prepared for it.

Ooooo let me know what you have, sounds lovely!

I've just come back from a day out with my sister. Lord knows how many syns were in that meal. I've eaten 10 syns worth of chocolate (bought a little slab from Hotel Chocolat, delicious!), an Oreo milkshake, peanut butter burger and some peri peri chips, and stole some of my sisters' cajun chips. My stomach must have shrunk, I was so full after just the milkshake and most of the burger, had to ask to bring my chips home for takeout, so can enjoy tomorrow as part of my syns.

They didn't put much peanut butter on my burger so I asked for more, then I ended up spreading too much on, aha. But it was lovely, really really nice :D The burger was so meaty and juicy, oh my days. Being on Slimming World makes me appreciate food so much more. My housemates were actually laughing at the joy on my face at the Japanese restaurant yesterday, aha.

This whole weekend has been lovely, and if I put on weight for this week, so be it. It's been the best couple of days I've had for a while, and this weekend has made me realise I miss doing things. I know Slimming World allows you to enjoy things, but I just don't like the idea of being around lots of drunk people when I have to limit what I have, and I find it hard to go out for a meal I can enjoy within my syns. I don't want to pay good money for a chicken breast and some salad.

I feel like I've had worse days and still lost, so fingers crossed! It's just one meal after all, but as long as I'm not expecting a loss, I shouldn't be disappointed with the result on Tuesday. I'd be surprised with a gain if it was greater than 1lb and admittedly a little surprised and disappointed, but at least I'd know what caused it.

Feeling amazing, sorry for the long post, aha :D

Haha, will do! But it will make me look incredibly greedy :D

I am more envious of your day today over yesterday lol :D Especially the milkshake!! One of my old favourites was a Ferrero Rocher milkshake from Shakeaway! That was heaven in a cardboard cup! Oh, and the burger, I love burgers, and the peanut butter element is odd, but intriguing!

Great attitude towards this weekend :) And if you do gain, then your weigh in the following week it will probably go with extra. Over December/Christmas I gained 6lbs, but my first weigh-in being back on plan I lost 6lbs. I think you tend to lose what you gained most recently, if that makes sense :D

I'm glad you have had a fab weekend! Have a good week :)

Hey, before Slimming World I could eat for England, so I'm sure I won't be shocked :p

Yesssss, I know! I've had the same from Shakeaway before, and raved about it to my sister when we walked past it in Meadowhall. Two milkshakes in one day might be pushing it though so saved myself for the Oreo one :D It doesn't taste as odd as you'd think, promise!

Oooo I hope so! I do think it's sad how we beat ourselves up over gains like that, as more often than not when it's a one off event, it's not like we've added pounds and pounds worth of fat from one meal. I suppose it's just a shock when you get used to the number going down.

Thanks, and you :D

I swear I had a stomach the size of a planet before SW. So the weekend will be a big test for it :D

I like the sound of the oreo milkshake. One day I have one!

I don't mind expected gains. It the sneaky ones that annoy me lol. Even though I know that it will more than likely be gone by the following week.

I didn't go to weigh in last night as I felt awful :( My body just felt really weak and tired, and I couldn't sit up without my head pounding. Only ended up having one meal yesterday as a result.

Still feel bad today but not as bad. Just weighed myself at home after the first meal of the day and it said a 2 and 3/4 pound difference. Probably not accurate with my body having very little put in, so shall weigh myself after I've had my days worth of meals :)

I didn't go to weigh in last night as I felt awful :( My body just felt really weak and tired, and I couldn't sit up without my head pounding. Only ended up having one meal yesterday as a result.

Still feel bad today but not as bad. Just weighed myself at home after the first meal of the day and it said a 2 and 3/4 pound difference. Probably not accurate with my body having very little put in, so shall weigh myself after I've had my days worth of meals :)

Poor you :( Lots going round at the moment, hope you feel better soon!

I wouldn't worry too much about weighing yourself :) Just eat normally when you feel up to it, then see what the scales say at weigh-in next week :)

Thanks guys! I did weigh myself at the end of the day after 3 meals and I was 1 stone 3/4lbs heavier, which is still a loss of 1lb 1/4 from the week with the meals out :D They're not great scales so won't count it officially, but I may get my 3 and a half stone award next week, if not next the week after.

Still feeling a little ill, Ibuprofen is my saviour though. Had to do a short presentation at university today, this is not my week huh?

Just enjoyed a peanut butter kitkat chunky for 11 and a half syns as a much deserved treat, yum!

Thanks Gilljo, and thanks for the subscribe Sammie :D

This illness is taking its bloody time to go! Chest started to feel heavy and it was harder to breathe last night and this morning, so I've lowered my intake of ibuprofen in case it was that. Slowly getting better though.

Don't usually buy chocolate, so two days in a row is a rarity on Slimming World for me, aha. I like using my syns within meals. But today, I bought a Boost. Heaven in a plastic wrapper, honestly.

One more week of uni to go, then 3 weeks off. Not that I'm counting down :D

Been looking through some pre-SW photos of myself today. It's mad to think that I knew I was big, but like you don't see yourself age, I didn't realise how big I'd gotten!

Hope you feel better today :) Chocolate is sometimes necessary when we are poorly! It can be the only thing to pull us through :D

I had my Chinese last night, plus lots of wine! My body is now screaming to get back on plan lol. Though seems my head is still thinking how it did before SW, apparently I needed to eat more than I managed! It was very yummy though.

Photos can be quite an eye-opener. I still can't see my weight loss, but when I have seen photos I realise how much I have lost around my face, I am down to two chins now :D

Back