From LL to Atkins

Angie H

Excuse me if this has been discussed before. I need some advice please.

I have been on LL for 9 weeks and have lost 42 pound. My counsellor was happy for me to go onto management . I have been doing this for a week and by my scales have lost a pound.

I have another stone to lose to be happy but am happy for this to come off slower now as I feel the bulk has been lost and I am much happier.

I was thinking of doing Atkins for the last stone after reading through the management book. Saves some money etc etc.

I am concerned about the amount of calories on the Atkins although I understand the low carb/higher protein etc.

Would Atkins work in the same way as it would had I not been having 500 calories on the shakes etc or would the amount of extra calories make me put weight on quicker.

I hope all this makes sense !!

Just thought before I make any definite management choices I would see what others have to say.

Hi Ange
Congrats on making it to management!!
I don't know much about Atkins at all, but from many posters have heard that the GL plan is a fabulous programme to follow. I've already bought my GL for dummies and a whole load of cookbooks in preparation :D
As I'm not finished development yet, I'm not really sure how management progresses.
I'm sure there will be a few responses to the Atkins question soon.
:D

Thank you

Have just been reading the threads on the GI plans.

Just need a change and don't want to undo all this good work.

Hi Angie the other option is South Beach Diet. It is a bit like Atkins but with lots of vegtables and fruit (after the first two weeks). It concentrates on low or heathy fats and in the later stages is based on GI indexing.

While its expensive I would stay on management. I know people who went on to do it alone (3 of them) & put it all back on because they didnt look at reintroducig food, identifying triggers etc...Its a personal decision and the cost is expensve but then IMO its worth the woney to crack the weight issue for ever...

Hiya Angie,
I agree wth ISOM, to stick with lighterlife and do management. Some People do still lose on Management, and the Price does go down. In the first week you will be having 3 packs a day, until by week 12 you won't be on any packs at all.

Hth and well done on getting this far :p

Ditto. I'm halfway through management and I know I made the right decision for me; I'm finding the sessions really helpful and know what would have happened if I'd done it on my own... I asked my LLC what sort if "success" rate LL had - she said that of the people who complete management, 80% have maintained a year later (think official LL figures??). She tends to lose some clients just before/at beginning of management but generally sees them a few months later looking bigger! Of our initial group of 10 I reckon 6 of us will complete management. The others have disappeared for now... It is cheaper than abstinence then you've got the support at no extra cost after that. It is possible to go it alone - you may be one of the rare people who succeed - but I wouldn't. It's not worth the risk for me, having gone through all that!

Have made my decision. I am staying on development for this last stone. Managment gave me too many choices and it scared me (daft but true). I just don't think I am ready yet as I felt so bewildered and a bit out of my depth if I am honest! I feel I still need the structure of this diet to keep me on track. I know the day will soon come when I am back to this management issue. Scary as it may be I will stay with LL as I do feel reassured by the LLC and the routine. Never thought I would feel so out of my depth with decisions. Not like me atall as usually very confident and trust my own judgement pretty well . Guess it's just a lot of hard work and effort gone into the last 9 weeks and far too important to maybe lose my way. How weird??

Sounds like you've made the right decisions Angie for the right reasons. When I posted about the GL diet, I meant *after* I've completed management. I too know many who've not completed management and have had to go back quite a few steps to get back on track.
Good luck with the last stone!
:D

Yes I know what you meant and I have looked into the GI diet. I think it's the way to go long term !! Just all about making good choices now and for the future eh? Thanks for your replies everyone..

From reading your post I'd say you've made the right decision Angie, you have come so far and you don't want anything that could spoil it when you're so close to the end.

Cath

Back