From lurker to poster..

ere'tis!

Hello all, usually I'm a lurker round these parts but you're clearly a friendly bunch so here I am..moving to a post-er..

This is just a 'download' for my tiny little brain really and to start getting down, in words, the hurricane that is in my head when it comes to my relationship with food, diet, eating and drinking.

Having bored myself senseless recently about diet, food, failing, re-starting I won't inflict the full history - in a nutshell a bit of SW (very good and enjoyable but for various reasons I just couldn't make it stick and would then go on crazy overeating and regain, plus some extra lbs for fun) and other less sensible means to lose the weight that had steadily taken hold since giving smoking (5 years ago) and having a gorgeous baby boy (3 years ago) so am now trying Slim & Save as a means to:

*Quickly ditch 1 of the 2 stone I want to lose (the final stone I will decide nearer the time)
* Have a break from food and my spiraling erratic eating (eat well, eat binge, eat nothing and so forth) hope to give myself a chance to just take a step back for a month and then slowly reintroduce a sane, unrestricted (eg no food is BAD food mentality), portion controlled healthy diet.
* Physically feel better about my body
* Stop the rot! (I see myself in another 5 years gaining another 2 stones etc if I don't take charge now)

Today is my first day and whilst I've only had a shake and a soup - both of which were surprisingly really tasty and filling -I already feel back in the driving seat. I am working from this afternoon, and that usually means a trip to the fridge every 10 mins and mindlessly munching while I am at my laptop - but not today.

I hope to post most days, just for myself really to keep track of the journey and try to untangle all the emotions, behaviours and unconscious things I do and think that has seen me overeating.... A little bit of self therapy :) !!!

Welcome :D

Im sure you will do amazingly you seem to have your goals set out which is a positive thing!

Good luck with everything and remember someone will always be here to support you :D

Xx

Welcome :D

Im sure you will do amazingly you seem to have your goals set out which is a positive thing!

Good luck with everything and remember someone will always be here to support you :D

Xx

Thank you :) x

Well so far so good today.. been a bit hungry but I am hoping that will ease of as I get used to eating less. Surprised myself with realising just how much I pick pick pick... made my son dinner and had to stop myself having a mouthful before I handed it over, and what he left had to go straight in the bin as usually i'd finish that off...same with dinner for the OH when he came in!

Made me also realise how much I'm looking forward to us all eating together as a family again (as that is something else that has slipped off, with us all eating at different times and usually me and OH eating rubbish after bubs has gone to bed!)

Have been drinking water all day and incredibly still thirsty! In the office all day tomorrow, so that should be an easy enough day... just got to keep it going for the eve and I can tick 2 days off!

Had the spicy spag for dinner and then a bar a short while later -both really good. I am so far really really impressed - time to have a look at the S&S website to see what to order next!!

Ahh im such a mindless picker! Its not until you sit down and think about it you are like omg where did that food go?!?! Hehe....

Sounds like you have had a really good day hun! I am looking foward to starting tomorrow i am just not looking foward to a few hungry days!! Keep me posted with how tomorrow goes for u aswell!

:D xx

So day 2 done and so far soooo good! Strawberry shake for brekkie (really must get a shaker though as a bit lumpy bluergh) and a sweet porridge (assume it was - said cereal on the pack, is that the sweet porridge can anyone tell me?!) and was good but over heated it and lost a lot in the microwave..wooops. Hungry afternoon and had trouble concentrating - but work super dull at the mo so maybe it was just that! ha ha!

I knew my 'dangerous' time would be coming home fromw ork hungry and hitting the fridge / cupboards...but planned for that so straight after work and picking little man up from nursery, didn't go home but instead picked up OH on way past and straight to the pool to take my mind of it.

Family swim took up a lots of time and the OH sorted dinner for him and little man, so I had cottage pie - very tasty - and followed it up with a bar and a big mug of hot water and some olives, but only about 50g or so and managed TO STOP MYSELF from eating whole jar. Wow already I am exercsiing a bit of self control?! ha ha. I feel satisfied now but not bloated (like I usually do after being hungry as i over eat).

Don't feel remotely tired (as I usually would by now) but do have a bit of a dull headache and feel a bit spaced out... gonna have more hot water while I watch telly as 'something to do' and then crash out ready for gym tomorrow... hope to wake up feeling as positive as I did this morning... Pain killers at ready as get a feeling this headache is gonna stick around for a bit.

Oh and was freezing all day... sadly i think that is more british summer time than ketosis :D

Week 1 nearly done and WI tomorrow - I don't expect a massive loss as had an off plan weekend! 2 planned events but I stuck to protein but did cave in and have booze.. Anyways I tahnkfully don't feel bad about the weekend as by usual standards I remained in control and was right back on plan on monday.. Even 2lbs this week will suit me as from now until 15th July I have no socials planned so I can knuckle down!

The most amazing thing this week has been the regained sense of control and, despite being on a very specific 'diet', I am not constantly thinking about food. Its all taken care of. I am also less hungry than this time last week - have energy in the eve's! AMAZING!

Bumper pack arrived today and I have (am a complete geek) spent a happy 15 minutes sorting out the next weeks packs into labelled days!! ha ha Its like this way all I have to do is not think about food and its all taken care of! Its looks like there is sooooo much there!

Can't wait to weigh in and start week 2..... bye bye belly and bingo wings :D x

WI this morning and 5lbs gone... very impressed with that especially as it wasn't a 100% week. Day 1 of week 2 and was doing OK but quite hungry today.. Shake for brekkie, bar for lunch and a small boiled egg, then spicy spag & small boiled and porridge later (which I havent been able to finish). I picked a tiny bit (about 4 pasta twirls) of my son's dinner - alien hand took over and was in my mouth before I could stop it! BAD HABITS still not broken!.. but I actually felt sick afterwards... I am certainly not hungry now just feel really tired and poo. Which is frustrating as until now I have had loads of energy.

Gonna just chalk it up to a busy week at work and look forward to tomorrow with no sneaking food. lots of water and then a day off work on friday :)

Really positive read hun....

congrats on your 5lb loss and you seemed to have done it quite easily?! love the fact your not thinking about food

well done xx

Really positive read hun....

Ah thank you :) x
Just scribbling it all down here so i can look back on it, and just trying to quietly get on with it, as I have a habit of being all evangelical about whatever 'diet' I am doing and then run out of steam. For me, having the packs means its all laid for me, for a month, all I have to do is keep myself busy in between! ha!
x

End of week 2 and not a great week scales wise! Seem to have lost inches and feel good. Been pick pick pick all week though and managed to sabotage myself.. the usual old habits. I am very good at justifying to myself, this little bit wont hurt, this little bit. Just one of these and then I will stop..etc... Kicked myself out of ketosis and basically wasted the week...not this week. NOT THIS WEEK!!!!

To start week 3, I am in meetings ALLLLLL day until tonight, so my packs are packed, water bottles at the ready and I will have a 100pc week. I am making the promise to myself to be kind to me and not sabotage all my efforts. I still have a goal date of 1 sept for my old skinny jeans and that is what i need to focus on.... 1st goal is lose a stone by 20th July...time to knuckle down.
XX

Back