From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

Oh I need a rest. This week has just been crazy with evenings out, meals and other stuff. The work do on Friday was fantastic, and although I had sort of planned for the food I had not planned for the drink. As you know I'm on antibiotics so I was totally not planning on drinking - well it didn't work out that way, and then yesterday we had a Christmas meal with OH's family, which also ended up being one where cider was consumed - stupid weak willpower of mine!!

Oh well, today is going to be a nice quiet one, I am supposed to go to town and pick up a few bits but I don't think I can be bothered. It would be nice to get some fresh air I suppose, so I will have a think about it.

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend, xxx

oh, I forgot to mention - I had a text off my C on Thursday saying I got slimmer of the week this week - I thought you had to stay for the meeting to get a chance of winning that, but maybe no-one stayed this week? I'm pleased anyway and now have another lovely shiny on my signature!! :D :D

That's ace!! SOTW - well done you :) xx

So that's Monday out of the way!! :D

Didn't have anything to eat ALL DAY, far to busy running around like a loon (which must be good for the old waist line lol) but have now had some veggie bolognese with toast for my tea with a lovely cup of tea. I've gained a massive amount this weekend, I can feel it and the scales agree, but hey, I did have another two Christmas parties and then yesterday I sort of just carried on. A good time was had and if I gain on Wednesday, then so be it.

Warming up in front of the fire now, Charlie cat is trying to get onto my lap, he doesn't quite get the idea of not being able to sit here when I'm on my laptop, but he is so cute I can't even push him away I just end up typing around him! :D

Best let him on properly, catch up with everyone later! xxx

Good day today, didn't have time for breakfast but managed a salad for lunch - even got to sit down for 20 minutes! Hurrah!! :D

Haven't had any tea yet, we ordered a new stereo at the weekend, a complete impulse purchase but it's our Christmas present to each other from each other if that makes sense (I mean, what on earth do you buy a man who has everything?!), anyway the stereo turned up this evening and OMG it's massive! Had to rearrange a whole corner of the living room to fit it in! We'll definitely have to buy some earplugs for our elderly neighbour, as the sound is AMAZING!! :D

Having some potato wedges and Sainsbury's veggie hotdogs for tea, they are only 1.5 syns each so can have a few!

Back once I've cooked my tea! :) Have a great evening everyone! xxx

OK, it's confession time - I offered to stay behind at school to help with a school production tonight knowing full well it would mean I could not go to WI. I sent a message to my C saying I could not get out of it and that I could not come. I am such a bad liar, I felt red-faced even when sending the text!

Thing is, I just couldn't face going to WI, had such a bad day today, kids were playing up big time and one of them called me a horrible name (to do with my weight, of course!) and although I will deal with him tomorrow (he ran away from me and I could not find his Head of House to report it tonight) and get it done and dusted I suddenly could not bear the thought of going to WI knowing I had gained.

I know the gain is my own fault, for over-indulging over the last week, but I know I can get it off and having had the pants day I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to go and face the scales. Silly, I know but that's me.

Anyway, I'm feeling all guilty now and thinking I should have gone and faced the music but I'd rather have a couple of good days first and draw out my Christmas battle plan. I am determined not to gain any more and have worked out that as long as I increase my exercise over the holidays I can still indulge a bit. I WILL come back with a minimal gain in January, I am DETERMINED!!!!! :)

Sorry bout the rant, feeling a bit down in the dumps due to my bad day. Be better tomorrow, hopefully!

Have a lovely evening everyone, xxxx

Oh kids can be soooo cruel! - I had a 'run in' with a girl at the begining of this school year, I mentioned it to her form tutor (also head of upper KS2) who laughed and said 'God what did she say about u last year before u lost 4 stone!' (4 stone was how much i'd lost in sept) And part of me smiled, other part made me feel more ashamed, like the teacher was getting her own little dig in!

I missed WI last week and really wish i hadn't, it's made me more worried about tomorrow cos i may have gained and then gained again!!!
The only good thing about going when u have gained is the week after when u can celebrate a big loss!!!

i will b happy with 0.5 lbs off tomorrow (i'll wish it's more but still b happy)

Hope yr evening gets better!!!! Why not go watch some of those god-awful soaps u seem to like ;-) Elderado is it??!! LOL

Hope u feel better soon xx

Oh kids can be soooo cruel! - I had a 'run in' with a girl at the begining of this school year, I mentioned it to her form tutor (also head of upper KS2) who laughed and said 'God what did she say about u last year before u lost 4 stone!' (4 stone was how much i'd lost in sept) And part of me smiled, other part made me feel more ashamed, like the teacher was getting her own little dig in!

I missed WI last week and really wish i hadn't, it's made me more worried about tomorrow cos i may have gained and then gained again!!!
The only good thing about going when u have gained is the week after when u can celebrate a big loss!!!

i will b happy with 0.5 lbs off tomorrow (i'll wish it's more but still b happy)

Hope yr evening gets better!!!! Why not go watch some of those god-awful soaps u seem to like ;-) Elderado is it??!! LOL

Hope u feel better soon xx

LOL!!! Eldorado?? Pffft, what are you talking about woman, you mean DALLAS of course, you simply haven't lived until you have seen JR shot! :D :D Thanks hun, you made me laugh out loud at that statement, I needed that as I believe it's the first time I've laughed properly today!! :)

I know what you mean about missing a week, I hope you get your loss tomorrow, I'll keep everything crossed!

You know what, I think I will settle down and watch my good old DALLAS, or even an episode of Melrose Place, I'm sure their never ending woes will take my mind off my temporarily bad life, LOL!! :D

He he he glad I could help!!

Hope u feel better soon! Xx

kids can be so bloody rude can't they :mad:
trust me old people can be just as bad if not worse :rolleyes:

The trick is to ignore them isn't it but dont know about you but i can make it look as if i am but be dying inside :cry:

hope your feeling better about your self now YOU know you are worth more than any insult anybody can come up with.

I, like you, am avoiding the scales cos i suspect a gain. went back to work this week which has really caused me to struggle combined with the 18th bd celebrations:eek:

I am looking at it like this, i have to change my habits for life, i have spent 40 years teaching my fred to act a certain way its going to take more than a couple of months to retrain him.
the key i believe is to forgive my lapses and carry on with the plan. hopefully by doing this i will avoid a christmas gain even if i just sts.
life is for living, in moderation of course :D

kids can be so bloody rude can't they :mad:
trust me old people can be just as bad if not worse :rolleyes:

The trick is to ignore them isn't it but dont know about you but i can make it look as if i am but be dying inside :cry:

hope your feeling better about your self now YOU know you are worth more than any insult anybody can come up with.

I, like you, am avoiding the scales cos i suspect a gain. went back to work this week which has really caused me to struggle combined with the 18th bd celebrations:eek:

I am looking at it like this, i have to change my habits for life, i have spent 40 years teaching my fred to act a certain way its going to take more than a couple of months to retrain him.
the key i believe is to forgive my lapses and carry on with the plan. hopefully by doing this i will avoid a christmas gain even if i just sts.
life is for living, in moderation of course :D

Wise words indeed!! That is so true, my weight didn't come on overnight, it took years to build up so of course it is not going to shift in just a couple of months! No matter how much I wish it would!! ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, and hope all is going well for you, I bet it is exciting as well as scary to be back at work, you are doing so well though, and as I have said before you are an inspiration! :)

Hope the 18th birthday celebration went well by the way, sounds like you have been very busy lately! :)

Have a great evening, and thanks again! xxx

Crikey, I'm super tired. Had a much better day today, full of lovely classes, my Year 8 class sorted out my display board for me (although I can't decide if they made it look 'funky' or 'a mess' lol) and even my usually all over the place Year 11 class worked like little angels for me.

Tonight I've also written a little Christmas card for each of my tutees (a gorgeous Year 7 class) with a housepoint certificate for each of them inside as a surprise.

Oh, also, my Young Enterprise group (part of Y10 business studies) had a 'guess the number of chocolates in the big bowl' thingy at lunch today to raise money for their business, I thought it's got to be worth the 50p for the guess, went for a wild estimate of 170 chocolates and I was SPOT ON so I won the whole bowl of them!! And I didn't eat a single one, I put them away to share with my tutor group tomorrow!!! :) Pretty proud of myself for a) winning and b) not eating any!! :D :D

Hope you are all well, xxx

Crikey, I'm super tired. Had a much better day today, full of lovely classes, my Year 8 class sorted out my display board for me (although I can't decide if they made it look 'funky' or 'a mess' lol) and even my usually all over the place Year 11 class worked like little angels for me.

Tonight I've also written a little Christmas card for each of my tutees (a gorgeous Year 7 class) with a housepoint certificate for each of them inside as a surprise.

Oh, also, my Young Enterprise group (part of Y10 business studies) had a 'guess the number of chocolates in the big bowl' thingy at lunch today to raise money for their business, I thought it's got to be worth the 50p for the guess, went for a wild estimate of 170 chocolates and I was SPOT ON so I won the whole bowl of them!! And I didn't eat a single one, I put them away to share with my tutor group tomorrow!!! :) Pretty proud of myself for a) winning and b) not eating any!! :D :D

Hope you are all well, xxx

glad you had a much better day:D
and well done on not eating any choccies:happy096:

Hi Emz *waves*

A lot of ups and downs lately? :( And stupid people that don't think... As you know I have had mean comments to as I am sure we all have.
I know it is easy to say those people aren't worth it and so on but they really aren't, they have no idea.
I bet you look great. :D
You are doing really well and Slimmer of the Week :D

Crikey, I totally forgot to do my update yesterday!! :)

First of all thank you all so much for the comforting words, I have had a roller coaster of a week, feeling extremely tired (slept 13 hours last night and 14 hours the night before, obviously much needed!!) and when I'm tired I end up being grumpy. And how do I deal with these things? I drink, of course!! Food has actually been fine this weekend, although I did have a Sainsbury's prawn curry ready meal last night (which I haven't even looked up the syns for, as I know it will be so high) but otherwise I haven't been bad at all. But drink wise, hmmmm....totally different story!! :break_diet:

I have decided though, that during the Christmas holidays I can (and I will) go a bit mad, I am going away on Tuesday to see my family (and my Dad hasn't got the Internet so I will not be able to get on here by the way) and while I'm away I know I'm going to be fairly good food wise at least - Dad has to watch his diet as he is diabetic, so I will cook healthy meals for the both of us.

In terms of drink, I might overindulge but as I've done so well up until now I'm not going to cry about it. Then as soon as I am back home on the 28th, when I can get back on here and confess all to you lot (and I hope you will kick me in to touch then as well!!) then I'm also going to get back to the gym in earnest and when I have my next WI (which won't be until 4th January as I booked 2 weeks off) I will show a minimal gain.

So I DO have it all worked out, in theory anyway!! :D :D :D

Today's going to be a nice quiet day - OH is in bed with manflu so I have the telly to myself, and I might put on a Christmas film and have a snuggle on the sofa with my cats.

Have a great day everyone, xxx

Def sounds like a good plan to me!!!
If you know now that you are going to have some treats then it is planned in and you have planned to get back onto it...All is Good!!!

Hope you have a last few days at school...We don't finish until wednesday! aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh xx

Def sounds like a good plan to me!!!
If you know now that you are going to have some treats then it is planned in and you have planned to get back onto it...All is Good!!!

Hope you have a last few days at school...We don't finish until wednesday! aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh xx

This is it, I know I am going to be naughty, so I might as well just own up to it and face the fact, then I can deal with it afterwards. No point in being in denial (which I have for so many years now) and saying 'I will be good' when I know I won't!! And at least this way I won't let myself down, it will be planned and then just back to it straight after Christmas!

OMG, you don't finish until Wednesday?? We finished at 12pm on Friday! You must get some extra days in January then I guess? We are back straight away, on Tuesday the 3rd, you must have that whole week off then? I think I would prefer that to be honest, going back is the hardest part!! :)

xxx

MissClumsy said:
This is it, I know I am going to be naughty, so I might as well just own up to it and face the fact, then I can deal with it afterwards. No point in being in denial (which I have for so many years now) and saying 'I will be good' when I know I won't!! And at least this way I won't let myself down, it will be planned and then just back to it straight after Christmas!

OMG, you don't finish until Wednesday?? We finished at 12pm on Friday! You must get some extra days in January then I guess? We are back straight away, on Tuesday the 3rd, you must have that whole week off then? I think I would prefer that to be honest, going back is the hardest part!! :)

xxx

We don't go bk till the thurs, and we got some time off for Eid - which is nice to break the long term up.

Worse thing is it's all christmasy bits now and that is harder to plan than lessons ha ha xx

Christmas is always the ideal time to spoil ourselves I think and why shouldn't we. We all deserve it.

Then we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off... and start again (fresh day).

There is so much worry at this time of year as it is. I don't think of it as being naughty or bad, cause then we feel like we should punish ourselves and end up feeling worse. What happens happens.

I do plan to make low Syn mince pies and low Syn Christmas cookies for over the Christmas period.
But sharing with the family stops me being tempted to eat them all hehe.
Plus Christmas day I am going to have a lil pudding.

Back