From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

Guess where I've been this morning?? That's right, I managed to get down to the gym!! :D

In fact, I actually jumped out of bed with such energy (almost done injury to myself lol) and flew out of the house, I couldn't wait to get down there - you may remember I caught the exercise bug before Christmas - before I caught all the other damn bugs going around leading to endless courses of antibiotics - and I just could not wait to get back moving again! :D

Feeling good now, did 30 minutes of pretty high intensity in the gym (high intensity for me, anyway!) and then spent a loooong time soaking in the Turkish Baths. Lush. OK, so it might have been the lure of the Turkish Baths what made me bounce out of bed with such vigour, but hey, at least I made it to the gym first!! :D

Anyways, have the house to myself (with the cats of course!) this afternoon as OH has gone to football, the fire is on, I've had a lush brunch of fresh fruits and yogurt and planning a tea of veggie hotdogs (1.5 syns each) for tea. Don't really know what to have with them yet, might just have beans and eggs. Simple enough! :)

Have a great Saturday everyone! xxx

OK, I think I must have lost my mind. :eek: You see, I am seriously contemplating signing up for the Race for Life this year. Me! Do a 'fun' run!! :8855:

I NEVER run - not for the bus, not if I was to be chased by a lion, not even for happy hour down my local. This new sports bra must have gone to my head! :character00115:

Thing is, the way I look at it, is that if I have signed up for something like that then that is a bit of motivation for actually getting down the gym (I know I'm full of beans now, but I worry how long it will last?!). Also, I know lots of people walk the 5k so even if I can't run it I could still just walk it and it would be for a worthy cause, right? :)

Hmmm....ponder ponder....I think I will do it. :faint2:

Gosh, this is madness, wish me luck everyone! :D

I'm gonna do it!!! Although when I was motivated to sign up website was under construction!! Let me know when u do it!! Xx

go for it I say:D

your the second person i have seen today setting that as a goal:confused: must be in the air :D

When i go swimming on a sat morn i always go in the hydro pool afterwards it is soooooooo good, doesn't matter what gets us there we ARE there :D:D

have a lovely evening xxxx

I've just signed up!! The race is in June, which means I have 5 months to get fit enough to at least walk it! :D

It's definitely do-able, I remember running 5k races every year at school and always completing it in respectable times, so I've clearly had some sort of running gene in me then, I just have to dig deep and find it!

I also ordered a pretty pink T-shirt to wear on the day, and I daringly ordered it in a size 18 so now I HAVE to get my act together, at least to be able to get into it! :D :D :D

Hope you are having a lovely evening too hun, xxx

I'm gonna do it!!! Although when I was motivated to sign up website was under construction!! Let me know when u do it!! Xx

The website is back up, I've just signed up! *gulp*

Doing it in June, so I have 5 months!!! :D

When are you doing yours? xx

Been down the gym again this morning! :character00116:

Did 20 minutes on the treadmill, which equated to 2k, my aim is to keep doing that this month then increase the time (and hopefully the distance!) next month. The plan is to be at around 3k for Easter and then carry on building up to the 5k ready for the Race for Life in June! :D

I can't believe I'm actually doing it, I told my OH last night (he was having a little nap on the sofa when I signed up) and even if he is surprised I'm doing it, he is not showing it, he said of course I can do it and that he would sponsor me. Bit pointless really, as all our accounts are joint, but it's the thought that counts! :)

After my sweaty workout it was true heaven to soak in the jacuzzi for a while afterwards, I almost fell asleep in it, soooo relaxing! :D

Today is going to be a really quiet day; I've just had brekkie (yougurt and fresh fruits), don't know what to have for tea yet but apart from a tiny bit of ironing I'm doing nothing strenuous. Bliss. OH has just gone to Sainsbury's for us, as I was too knackered after the gym, bless him, I know I moan about him but sometimes he can be really useful.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone, do say hello if you have popped by! :) xxx

well done on the 2 days running at the gym :D

you will be fine doing the race for life and i will willingly sponsor you :D

have a lovely lazy sunday i am currently being entertained by the men folk moving furniture :eek::eek:

Aaw, bless you Mandy, you don't need to sponsor me - I am mainly doing this for my fitness and health, then I'll badger people at work for sponsorship (I give willingly to anyone who asks every time so it's PAYBACK lol!!) :D

With regards to your comment on me 'running' at the gym, I can honestly say it looks NOTHING like running, more like a strange shuffle or very red-faced brisk walk! :rotflmao:

Hope the menfolk are taking guidance from you, in my experience they can't be left to their own devices for too long! :D

xxx

I went to the race for life site and sure enough it was all back up and running - no pun intended there LOL.
I found the time/date of the 2 closest to me - one is literally 2 mins away (ok thats driving, 10 min walk!) But it is on the SUNDAY after my MIL get married!! 5Km run/long walk after a wedding??? I'm not sure?? That is in June.
The other on is in May but about 30min drive away...and no1 would come with me...I think the local one will be good, and if i'm hungover it would just be a slow walk right?! lol. I might take my dogs (although they are not well behaved on the leads!) or maybe try take my Nephews for company!? will see what happens!
Unfortunately, I never thought about the £15 it was to sign up, so will have to do it after pay day!!! xx

I went to the race for life site and sure enough it was all back up and running - no pun intended there LOL.
I found the time/date of the 2 closest to me - one is literally 2 mins away (ok thats driving, 10 min walk!) But it is on the SUNDAY after my MIL get married!! 5Km run/long walk after a wedding??? I'm not sure?? That is in June.
The other on is in May but about 30min drive away...and no1 would come with me...I think the local one will be good, and if i'm hungover it would just be a slow walk right?! lol. I might take my dogs (although they are not well behaved on the leads!) or maybe try take my Nephews for company!? will see what happens!
Unfortunately, I never thought about the £15 it was to sign up, so will have to do it after pay day!!! xx

Ah, that is a bit of a dilemma indeed! If I were you I'd book the one nearer to you, and then at least I would have an excuse not to go too mad at the wedding celebrations - but that's just me though, as I'm still filled with dread at the thought of any events like that lol!

I'm sure whatever you decide will be the right choice for you hun. xx

Day three of me being off the tablets - and day three of me going down the gym! Go me! :D

My arms are sooo achy right now, I went to grab my cup of tea and almost screamed as I'm so sore! As my OH would say, no pain no gain though, and it's a nice ache as it's aching in the right places, if you know what I mean! :)

Now just chilling out in front of the telly, not doing any housework or school work tonight!

Hope everyone is having a lovely evening, xxx

Another day - and another trip down the gym! Today I did 20 minutes of brisk walking on the treadmill, and then my weights for my arms and upper body. Feeling good! And the soak in the jacuzzi afterwards wasn't bad either! :D

Got WI tomorrow, and although I haven't really weighed myself this week I feel like I've lost, so I'm hoping for a good number. Last week I was dead on 18st, so any loss will be fab as I will be back in the 17s! :)

Was hoping to be down in the 16s for my birthday (in exactly 4 WI's time after tomorrow) but I'm not so sure I will make it now - I will give it my best try though, what will be will be! :)

Another lazy evening in front of the telly tonight, I'm knackered now! Have a great evening everyone! xxx

you can definetly do that stone in 4 weeks honey, I am sure of it

went to the gym this morning too:D wasn't my best gym visit :eek::eek: as have a bug and had to leg it to the loo to be sick :eek::eek::eek:

its biggest loser night for me uk, us and aus :D:D:D

Oh no! Hope you are OK?! I hate those kind of bugs, hope it soon passes!

I'm also following the UK, US and AUS versions of the biggest loser, in fact I think I'm watching two different series of the US one, I'm getting a bit confused if I'm honest lol, too many contestants to keep track of! :D

Enjoy your TV night, I'm watching mine at the weekend when OH either goes to football or goes down the pub with his mate, can't wait! :)

xx

Good Luck for WI tomorrow, u deserve a good loss (and u are much better than I am at staying off the scales!) xxx

Crikey - I only went and lost 6lbs!!! :D :D :D

All that going down the gym is obviously paying off! :)

That means I'm firmly back in the 17s and only half lb away from losing my Christmas gain lol!

Hope you have a lovely evening everyone! xxx

6lbs???!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO go you!!!
I might have to get myself to one of those gym places! LOL xx

Back