From Miss Clumsy to Miss Graceful (hopefully!) :)

:wow: go you, that is brilliant bet you danced out of there :D

so pleased for you honey:talk017:

Just caught up with your diary having been too busy to check MiniMins for a while.

You sound really happy, positive and full of life. It's made me feel really happy myself to read about it :)

Really impressed with your gym and race for life!!! I have no doubt you'll be rocking that pink top proudly on the day. Did you get a trainer to make you a training diary? I always find that very motivating.

It sounds like your OH is an angel! Doing the shopping, supporting

Oops... Fat fingers, small phone.

...supporting and encouraging you with the training - make sure you reinforce this good behaviour: men need a bit of training, lol. I suggest you buy him a little treat like his favourite beer or something! Just to make sure he continues to behave, lol.

Keep it up hunni and well done on your 6 lbs! Xxx

Another day nearer to the weekend! :) Not that I've got anything exciting planned, I'm just looking forward to a little lay-in!

Didn't make it to the gym today, had meetings at school, and I had to get some food in after. I did manage to pop into a proper sports shop :eek: as well while in town and am now the proud owner of a fab pair of Reebok running shoes. Me! Wearing running shoes! :giggle:

They are sooo comfy though (and all springy and stuff), I just don't know why I haven't discovered things like this before. My old (cheap) trainers will now be relegated to allotment work! :D

Food today has been good - it turned into a red day, which is VERY unusual for me, as I don't eat 'proper' meat. I do eat fish though, and as I happened to stumble across some lovely looking salmon while in town I decided to have that with steamed vegetables and potatoes. It was lush! :)

I'm now going to chill out for a bit and watch a bit of telly - the Sky box is full of my TV shows at the moment (mainly biggest loser haha) and I'm under strict instructions from my OH to get rid of some of it before the weekend so we can record some stuff to watch together. Yes Sir, I say, and put my feet up! :D

Hope everyone is having a fab evening! :) xxx

It is so great to read your diary and feel all the positive vibes. 6lbs amazing! Great plan for race for life . I can really recommend the nhs couch to 5k podcasts they are really getting me going. I lol'd at your description of running exactly like me at the mo but we have to start somewhere!

It's finally Friday! :D

Been down the gym this evening, managed my weights and upper body training and then 25 minutes on the treadmill (still not running, but shuffling along), my new trainers are just amazing, they feel like they were made for my feet, well worth the money!! :)

I'm definitely going to have to take it easy on the learning to run front though, as my knee started to hurt a bit today. I've got this old knee injury, which I managed to obtain when I was younger; I used to play football in a boy's team (only for practice of course, not real matches and stuff, that would be weird), and one day I got tackled and hurt my knee. Physio therapy for a few months and no more football. That is probably when I started getting lazy, come to think of it lol.

Anyway, I felt a little creak today, so I will carry on with my shuffle until I feel 100% fit enough to actually attempt a run, but I'm happy to be moving at least! :D

Hope everyone is having a great Friday, I'm going to watch the final of Celebrity Big Brother and munch on some fruit in the absence of drinking wine. :D xxx

Hmm...how things have changed. Only six months ago my Friday night would have consisted of quite a few cans of cider, or lots and lots of wine. Tonight I'm drinking no added sugar squash...but to make it extra 'festive' I've made it up with sparkly water!! Rock and roll!! :D :D :D

Have just had a lovely tea of an omelette, and I've also had some fruit for pudding. Yum yum.

Catching up on some of my Biggest Loser episodes, decided to go to Australia tonight to see how they are getting on. Will do the US and UK ones over the weekend. Once I've been to the gym myself, of course! :D

Hope everyone is still having a good evening, Fridays are great, aren't they?! :) xxx

not if your a shift worker :cry:
it makes no difference really.

loving the sound of your rock and roll fri night, sounds very similar to mine. although i do have a glass of pepsi max:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

enjoy biggest loser, i have to say though i am not impressed with the uk one :eek: although its probably more realistic:D

xxxx

Had a lovely lay-in this morning, all the way until 9am. Don't usually like staying in bed that long, as it feels like I've lost half the day by the time I get up, but it was needed today! :)

Once up and about I managed to get to the gym, where I did 1000m on the rower as a bit of a warm-up, then a 30 minute shuffle on the treadmill and then my weights for my upper body. Feel all lovely and sore now, which is great.

OH has gone out to watch the football (to the pub), but I didn't fancy going along. He is meeting up with some of our friends, who I haven't seen for a while, but I still decided if I go I'll only end up drinking a vat of cider and I so don't need that right now - not when I'm in training! :character00115: :giggle:

So instead I'm all snuggly and warm on the sofa in front of the fire, lush. Might even treat myself to some Martini later (only bought it because I worked out it's quite low in syns lol), or I might save it for tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good day, I will pop back later with more rambles! :D xxx

not if your a shift worker :cry:
it makes no difference really.

loving the sound of your rock and roll fri night, sounds very similar to mine. although i do have a glass of pepsi max:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

enjoy biggest loser, i have to say though i am not impressed with the uk one :eek: although its probably more realistic:D

xxxx

Aww, Mandy, believe me, been there done that - shift work and I don't go together at all, I really admire you for coping with it! I used to do 12 hour shifts 3 days on and 3 days off, alternating between 3 weeks of days and then 3 weeks of nights! Luckily my OH worked at the same place on the same shift, but heck, we didn't know if it was day or night half the time! :confused:

Hope you are fully recovered now, take it easy my lovely. :) xxx

Sunday night, and what a lovely day it's been! :)

Started off with a visit to the gym, where I did my 1000m rowing, 30 mins shuffle on the old treadmill and then my weights, then I did my food shop before finally coming home for a lovely day in with my OH.

We tend to pass each other 'like ships in the night' during the week, and on Saturdays we like to either catch up with mutual friends or with friends separately, but in our house Sundays are sacred.

That is when we touch base properly, watch telly together, listen to music and basically chill out. It's HEAVEN and it makes sure I wake up ready for the week on a Monday! :D

Just about to have some food (veggie chili with rice and some veg) and at some point after that it's shower and bed for this 'old' bird....I think I need an early night on account of my aching muscles from going down the gym LOL!! :D

Have a great evening everyone, xxx

Oh the stress. What a day.

Poor Charlie Cat had to go to the vet today to have his teeth done, which is bad enough if you are a cat. However, it's even worse if you are a cat who is PETRIFIED of his box, who wets himself as soon as he's in there as he knows where he is going, and who also howls like he's being swung round by his tail once he's in there. It didn't help that I had to leave him at the vet for the whole day, as he had to have his teeth done under general anaesthetic. I felt so awful, walking away from him, he kept sticking his paws out of the door of the box, reaching for me and was crying for me. I spent all day close to tears at the thought of his poor little face!! :(

Anyway, he's back home now, minus two teeth, which were so bad they could not be saved so he has stitches in his gob now poor thing. This is an age thing, he is 9 after all, so they said it's normal for these kind of things to occur at this age, bless him. Thank goodness for insurance though, as this little trip would have cost us £396 otherwise!!

I haven't even been able to go to the gym, as I don't want to leave him, he's all wobbly on his feet bless him. He has managed to eat some tuna though, which is good, and he is currently purring in front of the fire so I'm sure he will be fine.

I've now got to sort out some tea for myself, I have only eaten 2 apples all day as I've been to worried to eat, so I am suddenly feeling ravenous! :D

Have a great evening everyone, xxx

poor charlie cat, and poor you bet you worried all day. At least he is eating and snoozing comfortably.
My cat is 17 !!!!!!!. never goes out any more, and sleeps all day but is quite happy. had her since she was 6 weeks old :D

hope your both snuggled up warm and having a lovely evening xxx

He's much better tonight, bless him, I swear I'm going to get bruises on my leg, he's been headbutting me so hard to get on to my lap/to get cuddles/to feed him/to give him any kind of attention!! :D He's obviously glad to be home!! :D :D

17 years, that's some innings! My sister's cat made it to 24, so my Charlie is still a little baby at 9, bless him!

Hope you are having a good evening hun, xxx

Brrrr....I'm sooo cold! All wrapped up in front of the fire, hope to warm up pronto! :D

Been to the gym, did my usual BUT didn't feel so sweaty and knackered afterwards, so thinking I'm going to have to 'up the ante' from tomorrow (being the first of the month and all that lol), as I'm clearly ready to be pushed harder. Going in the right direction in other words! :D

Brrr, fingers are so cold I can barely type, so I am going to leave it here, and come back later once I've warmed up properly. Might have to coax Charlie cat onto my lap to warm me up!

Have a lovely evening everyone, xxx

Right, another Wednesday crept around and so did WI. Lost 1/2lb, perhaps not great, but hey, it's in the right direction!

I actually think I haven't been eating enough this week; I've been so busy at work, all I've managed to eat during the days is fruit, and then I've had my tea in the evenings, so just the one proper meal a day has probably slowed me down. Must plan properly for next week and start eating more! :D

Made it to the gym again this evening, which was great, I find myself looking forward to putting on my running shoes and today I spent most of the day just waiting to be able to go! I think I must have banged my head or something, as this is so unlike me! :D :faint2:

Hope you all have a great evening! :) xxx

well done on the loss :D any loss should be celebrated cos its another step nearer to our goals :D:D:D:D

i must have banged mine too cos i look forward to the gym now :eek:
think i am trying to change my food addiction to exercise :giggle:

have a good day tomorrow xxx

ohh almost forgot how is charlie cat doing, all recovered ?

well done on the loss :D any loss should be celebrated cos its another step nearer to our goals :D:D:D:D

i must have banged mine too cos i look forward to the gym now :eek:
think i am trying to change my food addiction to exercise :giggle:

have a good day tomorrow xxx

ohh almost forgot how is charlie cat doing, all recovered ?

It's madness isn't it - never in a million years did I think I'd catch myself saying I look forward to going to the gym!! I even almost broke into a bit of a jog on the treadmill this afternoon - ALMOST!! :D

Charlie cat is doing very well thank you, he has a couple of stitches in his mouth so he is still on painkillers - but he is eating and purring and back to his usual cuddly self. Bless him.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow too! :) xxxx

Back