From one extreme to the other - food diary!

So I was super naughty last night – was starving when I got back from work so had cheese, tomato and Philadelphia light on a brown thin toasted and then when I got to the restaurant I had the paneer tikka swekers with beer battered halloumi – felt so gross when I got home – really did not agree with me at all! But on a positive note weighed myself this morning and still 12st4lb :)

Back on track today.

I need to try this beer battered Halloumi. Well dome & back on it tomorrow. I'm sure it could have been worse, when I go on a binege you are talking pizza, big bag of crisps, chocolate, ice cream the works.

Yeah that’s me usually – I give myself the excuse to write off the whole weekend / day whereas I’m trying to be more strict with myself now and restrict my ‘binge’ to one meal! x

Busy weekend so didn’t really have a chance to update. I wasn’t great food wise but wasn’t as bad as I could have been…

Fridaystuck to plan.

The normal for breakfast – Jaffa Cake Alpen Light & Coffee (Hex B & A)
Lunch – Bfree Wrap (HexB) with sliced tomatoes and 20g Philadelphia light (part of HexA)
Dinner – late dinner as was working late at a birthday party. H2B cooked me his spicy tomato pasta (didn’t weigh my pasta but everything on the plate was free / superfree) topped with 50g of Philadelphia light (rest of HexA)

HexA: 2
HexB: 2
Syns: 0

SaturdayGood morning – bad evening

Breakfast – Low Fat Quorn Sausages in a Bfree wrap (hexB) with Quark
Lunch – Jacket potato with beans and side salad (2 or 3 chips off my godson’s plate)
Went to this kid’s activity place – lots and lots of walking (my calves are still hurting today –cue cowboy walk!) and carrying my youngest godson on my shoulders too!
Dinner – (where it went wrong…) Large fillet of fish meal with vanilla milkshake from McDonalds and then several drinks in the evening for my brothers 21st. Felt really good after everyone was saying they could really see my weight loss now!

SundayAnother good start with bad end!

Breakfast – WW wholemeal wrap (HexB) with quark and Low Fat Quorn Sausages
Lunch – no lunch as was working at a birthday party
Dinner – went over to my mum’s for a Thai meal – had a little taste of some of the sauces and it was lovely! (Going to try and make it SW friendly this week). But thought I’d be good and avoid the oil etc and make my creamy Cajun quorn chicken, had it with some rice and some potatoes and green beans. Then my Mum brought out my brother’s birthday cake (that chocolate pig in the mud cake that has done the rounds on FB) and I couldn’t resist a slice (or 2)

I’m not too disappointed with myself as I think I could have done a lot worse! Back on track today.

Back on plan today – spent a lot of the day looking on the BBC food website for vegetarian recipes that I’m going to try and make SW friendly!

Breakfast: Alpen Light Jaffa Cake Bar (HexB) with coffee throughout the day (HexA)

Lunch: Spicy brown rice with fried carrots and onions and 2 low fat Quorn Sausages

Dinner: Tried a new chilli recipe but OH wasn’t a fan – (too spicy apparently!) used left over rice from lunch and made the chilli using chipotle paste (0.5 syns – I think!) I also topped it with 3 of the aldi version of laughing cow light triangles – I tired to google if these were HexA or not and the consensus seemed to be 3 were a HexA so I’m going to go with that!

HexB: 1
Syns: 0.5

Calories: 956

Glad your back on plan. Think the Thai curry is quiet easy to make slimming world friendly I use a paste which is one syn per table spoon and 21gr of coconut milk powder is 7 Syns, use lots of stock with the powder. Some people replace the coconut powder with a yoghurt but haven't done that yet x

Glad your back on plan. Think the Thai curry is quiet easy to make slimming world friendly I use a paste which is one syn per table spoon and 21gr of coconut milk powder is 7 Syns, use lots of stock with the powder. Some people replace the coconut powder with a yoghurt but haven't done that yet x
ooooh that sounds nice - will have to try that! The one my mum made was full of all sorts of oils and cornflour so pretty high in syns but smelt amazing. Didn't help that my creamy cajun quorn didn't turn out quite right so just wasn't a patch on the amazing smelling Thai food my mum made! X

At least you didn't make the whole weekend a disaster. Did you make the spicy rice yourself?
yeah that's what I thought - atleast I didn't write off the whole weekend lol!

Yeah it was just brown rice with jerk seasoning and fried veggies - I love the bachelors packet rices but heard that they are synned now so figured I'd just make my own! X

Argh busy busy day today!

Breakfast: Alpen Light Lemon Drizzle (HexB) Tea throughout the day (work ran out of coffee!) (HexA)

Lunch: Tried making sticky quorn chicken using balsamic vinegar, honey (3 syns) and soy sauce (not that great to be honest!) in a Bfree wrap (hexB) with quark and tomato. Had an Alpen light jaffa cake after as was still peckish so will count this as the seconf part of my HexB at breakfast!

Dinner: My first attempt at making a recipe SW – friendly. Made a veggie tagine (whole pot was 7.5 syns – 1.5 syns for harrissa paste and 6 syns for honey) I only had half the portion and for 3.75 syns it was sooo yummy! Had it with whole wheat cous cous and 3 aldi laughing cow triangles (HexA)

IMG_2936.JPG

HexB :2
Syns: 6.75

Calories: 983 (feel like it should be more than that so not sure if I’ve missed something….)

I’ve been a bit rubbish with updating lately – mainly because I’ve been so busy (arranging wedding fayre catwalks, working my full time jobs and working events selling my jewellery and face painting etc) but also because my food has been pretty boring – I’ve stayed on track but I’ve been eating a lot of the same where I’ve needed something quick. But on the plus side, my 2lb loss this morning meant I got this…

S63.jpg

Yay!!!

Congratulations, you have lost a tremendous amount of weight, well done and sounds like you are doing well sticking to plan when so busy x

I posted a reply hours ago, but not here. Annoying. Massive Well done! I'm sure even the food you think is boring would give me ideas, your always jazzing things up. Very busy women too.
awww thank you lovely! That's such a nice thing to say :) x

Didn't fill in my calories today as been so busy - taken on another customer account in work so super busy day!

Breakfast: alpen light lemon drizzle (hexB) coffee throughout the day (Hexa)

Lunch: 2 low fat quorn sausages, with quark and tomatoes in a Bfree wrap (hexB) and another alpen light lemon drizzle (second half of hexb)

Dinner: spicy fajita pasta - so yum - with 40g RF Grated cheddar (hexa)

Hexa: 2
Hexb: 2
Syns: 0

Totally forgot to post my lunch the other day so thought I'd include it now - creamy lentils and rice only 2 syns! from the BBC food website:

Creamy lentils and rice

Ingredients
1 tsp ghee or butter (2 syns)
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ small onion, chopped
½ tsp chopped fresh ginger
1 green chilli, whole (optional)
½ garlic clove, finely chopped
salt, to taste
35g/1¼oz white basmati rice, washed
35g/1¼oz split green lentils
¼ tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp garam masala
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper

In a large non-stick saucepan melt the ghee. Add the cumin and fry for 20 seconds, until the seeds have coloured and their aroma has been released. Stir in the onion and cook until soft.
When the onion has cooked, add the chilli, ginger, garlic and salt and cook for a minute before adding the rice, lentils, turmeric and 400ml/14fl oz water.
Bring to the boil briefly before lowering the heat and simmering gently until the rice and lentils are tender. This should take 20-25 minutes.
Once tender, stir in the garam masala and pepper and serve.

Back