From one extreme to the other - food diary!

To be honest since I rejoined group in September I only ever do extra easy! Never do green days anymore - I just need to start watching my carb in take as I've noticed I've started piling my plate high with potato and pasta again! Well done for sticking to it - I think that's the hardest part! I've been on / off it since December 2012 - really need to keep on it now though as got to get 1.5 stone off by my wedding. It's this time of year that makes it difficult though - too much temptation! X
Wow when is your wedding? That's the biggest incentive ever! Do you have your dress yet? Yep this time of year is so hard, chocolate and booze everywhere! I'm gagging for a Terry's chocolate orange haha x

Wow when is your wedding? That's the biggest incentive ever! Do you have your dress yet? Yep this time of year is so hard, chocolate and booze everywhere! I'm gagging for a Terry's chocolate orange haha x

1st August 2016! Yeah I brought my dress second hand off eBay – I got it a size too small in order to motivate me but as the date is getting nearer and it’s still a bit too small I’m starting to get increasingly nervous. It’s around my chest it’s too tight, but it’s a corset back so there’s still a bit of room for movement but I’d rather it fit nicely than squeezing into it.
Awww I’d kill for a Terry’s chocolate orange right now – what are you planning on doing over Christmas? Are you going to have a few days off or stay on plan? xx

Good day yesterday but am off to a street food event tonight which will inevitably lead me off track – really really need to weigh as no idea where I am at the moment. Will have to pop over my friend’s house as she has my scales.

Eating is still difficult due to my brace – my teeth really hurt :(

Breakfast: Strawberries, grapes and toffee mullerlight

Lunch: Tomato, Cajun quorn chicken (1 for mayo) sandwich on brown wholemeal bread (hexB), metcalffe’s sweet and salty popcorn (4), vanilla mullerlight

Dinner: Brown rice with a home made quorn chilli packed with lots of speed veggies and 40g RF cheddar (hexA)

Drinks: 6 teas / coffee (3)

HexA: 1
HexB: 1
Syns: 8

Ohhhh not long then, but long enough to get more off if you want to! That must be such an incentive, can't wait to see wedding pics ...what's the dress like?
I'm just going to have Xmas day off and fast the day after, exercise like mad haha I'll be having that choc Orange, my fav! You?

Ohhhh not long then, but long enough to get more off if you want to! That must be such an incentive, can't wait to see wedding pics ...what's the dress like?
I'm just going to have Xmas day off and fast the day after, exercise like mad haha I'll be having that choc Orange, my fav! You?

This is my dress but without the belt!

3ME766.jpg

Aww well done – that really is dedication. I just can’t seem to stay focused at the moment – always the weekends letting me down! I think I’m going to have Xmas Eve, Xmas Day & Boxing Day off then back on plan! Think I’ll be joining you on that chocolate orange idea haha!

So another weekend off plan – however I did do some sort of damage limitation on Friday and Saturday at least.

Friday – managed to stay on track in the day, normal breakfast of mullerlight and fruit, followed by a home made sandwich for lunch, mullerlight and sweet and salty popcorn. Went out in the evening to a pop up street food event, had macaroni cheese ratatouille, parmesan fries and a cheese and tomato calzone (omg that is so much food in hindsight lol!) Followed by lots of booze (sherbet fizz mojito – yummm!!)

Saturday – once again, stayed on track in the day. Low fat quorn sausage sandwich with home made tomato chutney and 2 x small wholemeal slices of bread, lunch consisted of leftover vegetable pasta bake and leftover chilli with wholemeal rice (2 small portions to make up one normal size portion). We then went to our local winter wonderland in the evening with some friends and their kids – such a lovely evening, hot chocolate whilst going on dodgems and the rides. We did quite a bit of dancing to the live music with the kids (hoping that counts as exercise!!) and then went back to our friends house for an Indian take away – the braces meant that I ate a lot less than I normally would but still ate junk food nonetheless!

Sunday – total write off. Woke up had left over curry. Lots of Christmas shopping – whoop! (Always think the tree looks much better with lots of presents wrapped underneath!) Then went for dinner at Frankie and Bennies – had the mac and cheese calzone (minus the pulled pork) followed by salted caramel cheesecake. Then got home and watched It’s a wonderful life (such a cute film!) and got a bit peckish so had chips from the chippy for tea (whoops!!)
Back on track today – going to start using my fitness pal to really keep me on track before Xmas!

Forgot to say that I weighed on Saturday before the curry at my friends house and I've lost another 2 pounds! God knows how....

This is my dress but without the belt!

3ME766.jpg

Aww well done – that really is dedication. I just can’t seem to stay focused at the moment – always the weekends letting me down! I think I’m going to have Xmas Eve, Xmas Day & Boxing Day off then back on plan! Think I’ll be joining you on that chocolate orange idea haha!
That dress is stunning ! Didn't know you could get these on eBay! Looks just like the dress Kate Hudson wore in bride wars haha.
Yeah I say that, I don't know how much will power I'll have, it'll be hard... I may stretch to have Boxing Day off too. It's the alcohols well, I love a Xmas tipple! X

That dress is stunning ! Didn't know you could get these on eBay! Looks just like the dress Kate Hudson wore in bride wars haha.
Yeah I say that, I don't know how much will power I'll have, it'll be hard... I may stretch to have Boxing Day off too. It's the alcohols well, I love a Xmas tipple! X

Yeah, it's a second hand one! As long as you're careful and make sure it's not a China special you can grab a bargain! I'm not too bothered by alcohol really - it's more chocolate and stodgy food that's more likely to veer me off plan! x

Back on track yesterday. Am finally embracing the brace-face-ness and managing to eat normally (bar biting apples, carrot sticks etc)

Super busy week coming up so hoping to stay on track as much as possible, really need to squeeze a food shop in somewhere too…

Breakfast: Strawberries, grapes & toffee mullerlight

Lunch: 2 x small wholemeal slices (hexB) home made tomato chutney and quorn meatballs (sounds like the most random sandwich ever but it was good) and a vanilla mullerlight

Dinner: Mayflower curry (4) quorn chicken, celery, onion, spring onion and carrot with brown rice. 1 Advent calendar chocolate (1)

Drinks: Coffee throughout the day (hexA)

HexB: 2
Syns: 5

Forgive me minimin-ers for I have synned – again!

Tuesday – I was really good...

Breakfast: Strawberries, grapes & mullerlight

Lunch: 2 x small wholemeal slices (hexB) home made tomato chutney and quorn meatballs and a vanilla mullerlight. One mini cheddar (going to allocate 1 syn) and 2 chocolate fingers (3)

Dinner: Veggie spag bol topped with 40g RF cheddar (hexA), advent calendar chocolate (1)

Drinks: 5 coffees (2.5)

Syns: 7.5

Yesterday…..

Breakfast: Strawberries, grapes & mullerlight

Lunch: 2 x small wholemeal slices (hexB) home made tomato chutney and quorn meatballs, a vanilla mullerlight, Velvet crunch popcorners sweet and salty (not on syns online yet but went on syn calculator and coming out at 4.5)

Dinner: Where it all went wrong – went out for dinner with my Mum and brother and had battered halloumi, chips and mushy peas followed by a caramel and peanut butter cheesecake (Syns = a gazillion!)

Back on it today though with the same boring breakfast and lunches – hopefully working from home next week will allow me to jazz things up a bit!

Had a fab and busy day – long old day at work but went go karting after for my friend’s birthday. Felt like a life size version of Mario kart so gave myself the nickname Princes Peach… however the outfits were definitely not as flattering (see photo)

IMG_4479.JPG

Anyway food:

Breakfast: strawberries, grapes and mullerlight

Lunch: wholemeal bread (hexB), homemade tomato chutney with quorn meatballs, mullerlight, velvet crunch popcorners (4.5)

Dinner: Ok, so this is where it went inadvertently wrong….

OH cooked me a curry whilst I was catching up on work – however after eating it I realised he’d cooked it with the Schwartz tikka blend (6.5 syns for 3 tsps and OH used 4!!!!) so ended up being hugely over on the syns 

Drinks: Coffee x 3 (HexA) ½ bottle of pepsi (6.5)

Syns: 19.5

Better day yesterday food wise - but pants day in work. Something always goes wrong this time of year - argh!

Breakfast: mullerlight

Lunch: the usual quorn meatball and tomato chutney sandwich (hexb) Popcorners (4.5) mullerlight and one chocolate finger (1.5)

Dinner: (made by OH after I had a bit of a breakdown about work and he took the brunt of it bless him!) Spicy vegetable spaghetti with 40g RF cheddar, Popcorners (4.5) and mullerlight

Drinks: coffee X 5 (2.5)

Hexa: 1
Hexb: 1
Syns: 13

You are doing fantastic! I had two weeks of gaons very suprised as I taught I was under syn all week. Then realised that's where I had gone wrong was over on syns each week cause I made the curry and made it into a load for lunches for two weeks was gutted.

You are doing fantastic! I had two weeks of gaons very suprised as I taught I was under syn all week. Then realised that's where I had gone wrong was over on syns each week cause I made the curry and made it into a load for lunches for two weeks was gutted.

It's so annoying!! It's only because I happened to stumble across it on a Facebook page that I found out! Makes you realise you need to double check syns!

Finally got my scales back last night and gained 2lbs from my last quick weigh when the scales were at my friends house. Not too bothered though as this takes me back to my lowest weight when I was last at group.

Another day of staying on plan in the day then being naughty at night. I know I'm making excuses but this time of year is difficult so I'm focusing more on damage limitation than anything else - if I know I'm going to be off plan for a meal then I'll be on plan before it and the day after rather than writing off the whole weekend!

So yesterday I had:

Brunch: 2 small whole meal slices with baked beans 2 poached eggs and a quorn burger (1/2) - burger was a bit random but I had no sausages left!

image.jpeg

2 cups of tea throughout the day

Dinner: we were meant to be going out to a new restaurant with our friends for dinner but their baby sitter SOS'd just as we ordered drinks as the baby wouldn't stop crying bless her. So before we even got to the restaurant my friends were running late so I munched 2 bags of crisps as I was starving! Large glass of rose at the restaurant, then we made our way back to my friends house and ordered dominos - I had a medium pineapple pizza with wedges and then 2 chocolates from the roses tin to finish (followed by a bottle of rose!)

Was thinking about being off plan today but ultimately most of next week will be off plan so need to limit the damage! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend

Back