From one extreme to the other - food diary!

Feel really pants today - splitting headache so had a sofa day and started watching making a murderer on Netflix. Is so interesting (hence why I'm up at 1:30am binge watching it). Went over our friends house for some drinks and food this evening - I ate before we went to avoid temptation.

Literally had no speed all day but I felt crap so glad I stayed on plan in the very least.

Brunch: 2 X Quorn burgers (1) and SW chips with homemade tomato chutney

Dinner: wholemeal pasta with 3 spoons of red pesto (7.5) 65g light mozzarella (hexa)

2 X coffee (1)

HexA: 1
HexB: 0
Syns; 9.5

Everyone is cracking on about that series haha :D I'm sorry you've got so many little stresses going on, they may not seem like a big deal but all together you just don't need it. Hopefully today you'll wake up and have a yummy breakfast and do something for YOU today. Maybe watch more netflix in the bath for an hour, have a facial, just take a moment for you today babe :)

xxxx

Everyone is cracking on about that series haha :D I'm sorry you've got so many little stresses going on, they may not seem like a big deal but all together you just don't need it. Hopefully today you'll wake up and have a yummy breakfast and do something for YOU today. Maybe watch more netflix in the bath for an hour, have a facial, just take a moment for you today babe :)

xxxx

Thanks lovely lady! Stayed in bed until 1pm watching more Netflix then went to aldi - now just come back and put Netflix straight back on - i feel like such a lazy moo but it feels so good doing nothing!! Xxxx

haha JEALOUS! I wish I could drive, I'd love to go to Aldi! or Lidl! or any of these magical cheap places haha! Glad you've had a lazy one babe, you've had a stressful week by the sounds of it and sometimes all you need is a chilled Sunday to restore a bit of balance :) xxx

haha JEALOUS! I wish I could drive, I'd love to go to Aldi! or Lidl! or any of these magical cheap places haha! Glad you've had a lazy one babe, you've had a stressful week by the sounds of it and sometimes all you need is a chilled Sunday to restore a bit of balance :) xxx

I love aldi and lidl! We save so much money doing our shop there it's crazy. Yeah feel much better going into the new week with a clear mind. Just hope this week is a little less stressful xx

Food was a bit pants today...

Lunch: orange and choc mullerlight, cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce and a pack of aldi monster claws (4.5)

Dinner: salt and chilli quorn chicken with rice (was really dry and bland - eurgg!) with another pack of aldi monster claws (4.5)

Syns: 9

Have had no healthy extra's so may have some cheese on toast in a bit...

Still going strong on binge watching making a murderer - last Episode now though. Got to find something new to watch now! Anyone got any recommendations?

I'm on episode 6 of making a murder. Plan to finish it tonight. So addicted.

Well done being so on plan with all the stress and drama. I can't do it. I turn to chocolate.

OK so Netflix .. Hmm.. gossip girl. Scorpion. Homeland. Forensic Files. 24.

I'm on episode 6 of making a murder. Plan to finish it tonight. So addicted.

Well done being so on plan with all the stress and drama. I can't do it. I turn to chocolate.

OK so Netflix .. Hmm.. gossip girl. Scorpion. Homeland. Forensic Files. 24.

I started watching Gossip Girl but lost interest as I could only watch it on my own as OH wasn't interested (no suprise there...). He loves 24 - but I wasn't too keen. Will definitely have a look at Scorpion, Homeland and Forensic Files though!

Absolutely chuffed - managed to lose my 6lb gain from Xmas and new year so am right back on track! Don't have much hope for next week though as I always tend to have a tiny loss or tiny gain with my second week on plan which is weird. Also have a conference this week which means overnight in a hotel and very little control of food as its a set meal so will try and have as few syns as possible this week.

Breakfast: vanilla mullerlight

Lunch: quorn turkey, spinach and tomato chutney sandwich (hexb) with aldi monster claws (4.5)

Coffee x 4 (2)

Dinner: fajita pasta with 65g light mozzarella (hexa)
image.jpeg

Syns: 6.5

Hey Jessie, I've just subscribed to your thread, I really enjoy reading it. I'm in much need for inspiration, I had such a good run on SW for almost a year between May 2014-May 2015 and after that I went a bit mad on things like exercise and not eating at all because I was going through a rough patch. That was then followed by a complete crash in the last few months and I have restarted again now in January. Over the next six months I'm determined to reach my 8st goal weight, I'm approximately 2st plus a few lb away from that at the moment.
I find myself at a slight loss. Sounds strange but I'm having to re-educate myself as to what I can and can't eat, I'm totally out of sync with it all. So reading through your posts is helpful :)

Hey BeeBeeSee :)

I know exactly what you mean about going through a rough patch and exercising like mad and not eating much – it’s so difficult to maintain a good relationship with food when you’re trying to distract yourself from other things going on in your life (whether it be under eat or over eat!) 2 stone is definitely do-able in 6 months – will pop over and say hi on your diary!

Are you following EE or green and red? I struggle for inspiration when I first get back on plan so always tend to stalk a few of the diaries and recipe threads on here for ideas haha!

I've always followed EE. I'm not a Vegetarian but I mostly eat that way because I'm not terribly drawn to meat and fish. I ended up living on fruit and veg which sounds better for you than it is....which led to me being afraid of any food not being one of those two categories. But I've been having my pasta and eggs and yoghurts and found that they don't hurt me :p weight loss has slowed down naturally because there is less to lose now so I'm setting realistic goals and I don't want to be too scale driven. So by the summer I want to be at my goal weight. And you've got your wedding coming up, talk about motivation!

I've always followed EE. I'm not a Vegetarian but I mostly eat that way because I'm not terribly drawn to meat and fish. I ended up living on fruit and veg which sounds better for you than it is....which led to me being afraid of any food not being one of those two categories. But I've been having my pasta and eggs and yoghurts and found that they don't hurt me :p weight loss has slowed down naturally because there is less to lose now so I'm setting realistic goals and I don't want to be too scale driven. So by the summer I want to be at my goal weight. And you've got your wedding coming up, talk about motivation!

Sorry to sound cliche but it's definitely about healthy body and healthy mind - I've found that the hardest part has been learning how to have a good relationship with food rather than not enough or too much! yeah every time I lose more weight I try my dress on again to give me a kick up the butt!

Another day on plan - ready for my two day conference in Nottingham tomorrow where food choices are going to be harder! Got an Alpen light to take in the car for breakfast, hoping that there will be a buffet for lunch so I can have some sort of salad. I've heard the veggie option is a vegetable risotto for dinner so will probably be a few syns for cream etc.

Food today was:

Breakfast - mullerlight and one or two manky strawberries!

Lunch: quorn turkey, spinach and tomato chutney sandwich (hexb) with a pack of aldi monster claws (4.5)

Coffee x 5 throughout the day (2.5)

Dinner: couldn't fit much more on the plate lol! 2 x quorn burgers (1) SW chips and broccoli and carrots, with 70g of light mozzarella (hexa + 0.5 syns for extra 5g) and tomato chutney

image.jpeg

Diet? What diet?

Syns: 8.5

Food over the past two days wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be luckily – but still off plan.

Wednesday:

Breakfast: 2 x alpen light bars in the car on the way up to Nottingham

Lunch: Jacket potato with lots of stuff from the salad bar (rice salad, vegetable salad etc)

Lots and lots and lots of coffee throughout the day

Dinner: Melon and berries for starter, spinach and ricotta cannelloni with carrots, green beans, mashed potato and pesto bread for mains (don’t get me wrong I have a HUGE appetite, but even I couldn’t finish it all – way too much food!) and then I ate one out of the three manky profiteroles for desert. Then washed down with a large rose and 2 large glasses of white…

Now I’m not a big drinker at all, but I don’t class myself as a light weight but this went STRAIGHT to my head. Luckily didn’t make an idiot out of myself in front of colleagues but was walking back to my hotel room and rang my OH – I then rang him again when I got in my room to check it was him I’d actually rang…?!

Thursday:

Breakfast: skipped in favour of an extra half hour in bed

Brunch: picked the snacks at the break out area – 1 pastry, 4 mini donuts (oooops!)

Lunch: Salad again, but with one bread roll and butter

Lots of tea and coffee again

Car snack: half an alpen light with my boss

Dinner: Chippy – I was wayyyy too tired to do anything else - so I scoffed. And my stomach did NOT like it and took it’s revenge this morning (Sorry TMI)

Back on track today. Hopefully I can do some damage limitation for Monday.

Good day back on track

Breakfast: mullerlight

Lunch: quorn turkey, spinach and tomato chutney sandwich (hexb) and mullerlight

5 x coffees throughout the day (2.5)

Dinner: leftover pasta from the other day with some added passatta and quorn meatballs, topped with 25g of light mozzarella (2.5) and 40g RF cheddar (hexa) and grilled

image.jpeg

Hexa: 1
Hexb: 1
Syns: 5

Back