• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Green Day From scratch recipes

Circes

Strutting her stuff
Hi and glad you made it over to us from Ravelry!

Pretty much all the recipes on here are 'made from scratch' so I would just go browsing - there are 100+ pages to get through. Just look past the taste-a-likes.

Also take a look at www.slimmingeats.com

Arrrgh, I keep looking for ravelry buttons on the bottom of the posts - it's very confusing! I've just been looking and found some great ones so far. So many ideas! Thanks for telling about this forum.

Oh and I love Slimming Eats, i've already tried several recipes!

bilsat

Really likes to cook
Hi there and welcome to the world of SW.
here are my recipes.
Pete

Pete’s Spicy Chicken Drumsticks 2

(My version from SW Mag March/April 2011)

Serves 4
Extra Easy 1 Syn

Ingredients

10 Chicken Drumsticks, skinned
1 Tbsp hot paprika
2 Tsp Turmeric
4 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp garlic salt
2 Tsp ground ginger
4 Tbsp white wine vinegar

Method

Slash the flesh of the chicken a few times and place in a large bowl.
Mix the spices, soy sauce, garlic salt, ginger & vinegar, then pour over the chicken and cover then marinate for 6-8hrs.

Preheat the oven to 200c, place the chicken on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Cook for 10 mins then lower the oven to 180c for the remaining 20-25mins or until cooked through.

Have with a Salad

Pete’s Spicier Creole Jambalaya

Serves 4 – 2 syns per serving

Ingredients

1x 175g chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
3 tablespoons Cajun spice
1x medium onion, chopped
2x garlic cloves, crushed
½ tspTurmeric
½ cup frozen peas
1x fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
1x yellow and red pepper, deseeded and chopped
850ml chicken or vegetable stock
4x Sainsburys Spicy & Succulent mini Chorizos=80g 2 Syn each.
1x 400g can chopped tomatoes
200g long grain rice

Method

Place the chicken breast in a small bowl and sprinkle over the Cajun spice. Toss together and set aside.
Spray a large frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the chicken and stir fry for 4 minutes.

Stir in the onion, garlic, chilli and peppers and fry for another 4 minutes until they are slightly browned and softened.

Add the stock, chorizo, tomatoes and rice and then bring it all to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until the rice is cooked and has absorbed all the liquid.

Serve with a salad.

Attachments