from SW to WW :)

LBgirl

Hi all, am thinking of swapping from Slimming World to Weight watchers :)

my friend is currently doing WW and he has lost 4 stone since end of november, i asked him to work out how many propoints i would be allowed per day, and it was 31 (im 26, 5'4" and 14st 4lbs) and am i right in thinking you get 49 extra propoints for treats etc over the week?

I want to leave slimming world because its just not working out for me, i've lost 1st 4lbs so far and haven't lost anything for a whole month (stuck to the plan religiously) :(

Hi I swapped from SW to WW last week, although my weigh in is today and I haven't managed to go as my daughter is Ill so not at preschool today, but I've lost 11/2 pounds according to my home scales, I find WW a bit less restrictive as you can eat absolutely anything, and not worry about what is a heathy a or b, although you do have to weigh and measure everything, where as you don't with SW. You get your daily amount of propoints which you can't carry over to the next day if you don't use them all, you get 49 weekly propoints that you can use however you like, also you can earn extra activity points, good luck, Sarah

i swapped last week and lost nothing on SW for 8 weeks. 1st week doing ww pp and down 6.5lbs !! hurruh! think it is a lifestyle thing....all that cooking and chopping veg the whole time, plus spending a fortune....all very hit and miss me thinks :)
Ww - track everything and the weight comes off ( hopefully!!!;)
Good luck
S xoxox

I think they can both be very good diets depending on your lifestyle, but I definitely prefer ww to sw. I need boundaries. You can't bend the rules on ww like you can on sw. I ended up eating mullerlights because I could, because they were free, even though I wasn't really hungry. All the while kidding myself that I was still on the plan lol

and sw costs a fortune in shopping!

I have done SW on and off for what seems a life time, and decided to take the plunge with WW this week (on day 2) and its a completely different mind set, weigh measure work out points and plan plan plan, but I must say I find doing that great, I would eat MASSIVE amounts on SW and not be very strick, but with WW you have to be and I find thats what I need.
Its also going to help as spend less on shopping as we are going to work out the next weeks meals ahead of time and just shop for that, rather then walk around the shop filling the trolley.

Good Luck! the only think I dont like about WW is that there are more little people in the class, at SW there where quite a few 16st PLUS but at WW I would say there are 3-4 of us and everyone else is size 12-16, when your 23stone 8 and a size 24/6 that can be off putting.

Both good plans but I need to strickness of WW with its weighing and measuring

this is intuiging.. love sw but i am not losing anything now and its really annoying :( xx

I have done SW on and off for what seems a life time, and decided to take the plunge with WW this week (on day 2) and its a completely different mind set, weigh measure work out points and plan plan plan, but I must say I find doing that great, I would eat MASSIVE amounts on SW and not be very strick, but with WW you have to be and I find thats what I need.
Its also going to help as spend less on shopping as we are going to work out the next weeks meals ahead of time and just shop for that, rather then walk around the shop filling the trolley.

Good Luck! the only think I dont like about WW is that there are more little people in the class, at SW there where quite a few 16st PLUS but at WW I would say there are 3-4 of us and everyone else is size 12-16, when your 23stone 8 and a size 24/6 that can be off putting.

Both good plans but I need to strickness of WW with its weighing and measuring

I know what you are saying about skinny people but at the same time its an indication of the sheer numbers of people who are a success story! They were all once in our shoes too x

Just think if you stick at it you'll be one of those skinny minis before you know it :p

I did sw for a few months. It did not work for me. I need some kind of portion control. When I was told I could eat as much free food as I liked I went for it esp with potatoes (love them). I actually mangaged to put on 1lb my first week.

WW really works for me. I have to have some kind of portion control.

I'm currently on sw as I'm a binge eater & thought it would be helpful as certain foods are unlimited I could Bing on them & still be on plan. It hasn't worked though, I'm filling my face with "free" food then also binging on non free. I'm wondering if I need the portion control you get with ww?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I did sw last year and really didn't get on with it,so much free food is just not a good idea. There just doesn't seem to be aogic behind the plan. I lost 2 on my first week and then it went downhill from there. Just had my first weigh in last night on we and I lost 2lbs, which I'm really glad about but as that's what happened on sw I'm worried its gonna happen with ww and from now I'm going to gain :-( I'm probably being silly.

Just echoing what everyone's saying - I did a few weeks stint at SW and it did nothing for sorting out "overeating" issues.

Hannata, I did the same with the mullerlights! Happily ate 3, 4, 5 a day because the plan said I could! I gorged excessively on fruit too. AND I COULDN'T EAT A NORMAL PIZZA! (That makes me ANGRY! hehehe)

Anyway, WW changes your mindset. All that weight I've lost? It's down to WW.

And that's sad you feel like that about class CaptainCollins - I was one of only 2 "bigger" women (15st 7lb, size 20, the other was approx 20-21stone) with around 10 smaller ladies!
I'm now a 14-16 and 12st 8lb and want to continue & lose around 32lb (if my 5'10" doesn't look too ridiculous!), and I think it's a testament to how fantastic the plan is to have the variety of sizes :)

Stick with the classes, they are fantastic inspiration - don't let them skinnyminnies put you off xx

Also echoing the above points but will put my opinion in for what it's worth!

I did sw for a month or so and saw very slow weight loss, I was unwell with a kidney infection so I did think it may be related to that as I was lay in bed all day...but when I went back to normal life I just couldn't stick to the sw plan, it might sound silly but as a very sociable 25yr old with a community based job and no set lunch breaks etc my lifestyle just didn't allow for it! I would break my diet everyday and then got so demoralised.

Anyway, I started ww 2 weeks ago and have lost 5.5lbs so far! I LOVE this plan! I can go out, I can meet friends for dinner, I can grab a supermarket sandwich for lunch but I just point count it all! I have had ice cream, in fact tonight I have 9 of my daily points left and am gunna eat 1/2 an Easter egg!!

It's changing my mentality about food, I have always tried to diet and it means I deprive myself for days on end, then get fed up and binge! I realised yesterday that this diet is teaching me how to eat like a normal skinny person...it was ok to have a subway and a pack of doritos yesterday lunch, I just had an omelette for dinner to balance it out! That's what skinny people do - where as I would usually think 'oh well, I've had a bad day, f*** it. I'll start again tomorrow and then shovel more crap down my neck!

I feel so good about this realisation and i don't even feel like I'm on a diet! I LOVE pro points!

Claire x x

Looking at your stats charlotte-eve what I want to achieve is very similar. I'm 5ft 10 too and I got down to 10st 2 in 2008 and it was starting to make me look a bit gaunt. So I dont think I could go much lower again. However o would love to be in single figures. I haven't been for years! Xx

thanks for all the replies, i agree with what everyone says about "overeating" i love potatoes and pasta (my downfall) so hopefully WW will sort me out with portion control! been shopping this afternoon and stocked up on lots of WWs stuff , am actually quite excited about starting this diet tomorrow :eek: :D

Weighed myself today and i'd lost 1lb so my starting weight is 14st 3lbs :)

i have always been a die-hard SW fan... done the diet a few times and was never interested in WW. I think thats cos my sister followed WW long ago and I was horrified at how she had to count everything and the points seemed like not enough.

The only thing that got me to try WW is a friend of mine who has NO willpower (like me!) has lost a ton of weight doing PP and i really thought that if she could do it, i definitely could. I joined and am right, i love this plan and have loads of points for nutritious foods as well as crisps/chocs or whatever i like. i love it!

I've swapped from SW to ww today. I love slimming world - lost 5 stone 4 after having DS and have lost about 3.5 stone since having DD.....BUT....I need a life...I want a few drinks every now and then, I want to have a burger at a BBQ and not s piece of chicken. I want to whack in a ping dinner now and then when hubs is away
On the SW boards everyone says they can't believe they can eat so much and still lose weight whereas I'm here saying I can't believe I can each such nice stuff and still lose weight!

I Sooooo hope ww works for me! Ive had an amazing day so far (rich toffe bar + cuppa = end to chocolate frustration) and I'm looking forward to food again for the first time in a while!!

Actually, I'm finding it quite simple to adapt to. Not being able to eat as much as I like seems to sit better with me. Plus, I'm goingvto eat carbs again - yes!!! Always avoided them on SW... The lack of a limit meant I could never effectively portion control, my stomach will expand to fit in whats on my plate, plus any leftovers so I had to just avoid them.

I had a lovely toasted ww bagel for lunch with ham and salad. Was so tasty and I still feel full 2 hours later!
Long may this honeymoon period last!

I also did sw...lost a stone an half but put it all back on. I think it taught me bad eating habits though as I too would eat a few mullerlights a day and eat mugshots like no bodies business. When my mum came on to ww she asked me to do it with her and I remember looking at her spaghetti bolognese meal and thinking 'well I could eat that all for free on sw' but when I look back my portions were massive and being allowed to eat that much rice, pasta and potatoes just wasn't ideal for me as I have no self control lol
Ww all the way lol

glad i'm not the only one who had problems with portion control on SW

so my first day has gone well so far....

breakfast 30g shreddies 3pp (not sure if thats correct?)

lunch 2 slices of ww malted danish 2pp and 60g of ww wafer thin cooked chicken 1pp stuffed the sandwich with lettuce and cucumber to make it more filling, weightwatchers toffee yoghurt 1pp

Dinner ww quiche 9pp with 3 tbsp of mashed potato 3pp carrots and runner beans

got a ww choc whip 1pp for afters with some strawberrys

also 5pp for 1/2 pint of semi skimmed milk

thats 25 points i have 6 of my daily points left which might be used on either crisps or a bit of cake

does this sound right to everyone? i don't want to mess it up on day 1 :rolleyes:

Back