1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Fromage frais

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by raquel, 8 January 2010 Social URL.

1. raquel

raquel pink lady

Any ideas what i can do with it please, interesting and spicy, thankyou in advance x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Very Low Fat Fromage Frais (VLFFF) Ideas

1. as it is - ideal for topping fresh fruit or sweet trifles (add sweetener to taste)
    2. as it is - swirl into soups or other savoury dishes in place of cream to thicken slightly
    3. Add - anything - garlic, herbs, onion, chives, cucumber, mint, salmon, prawns, lean ham
    4. Coleslaw - use in place of mayonnaise - add seasonings etc.
    5. Potato salad - green day
    6. Spicy dishes - chicken tikka or curry - mix VLFFF with the spices, marinade and cook in normal way (grill etc).
    7. Chocolate mousse - add 2 sachets of Options chocolate sachets to 500g VLFFF and stir well.
    8. Jelly mousse - make up 1 pt sugar free jelly. Leave to cool and almost set (until like frog spawn!). Whisk in 500g VLFFF and leave to set.
    9. Prawn cocktail - Use VLFFF instead of mayo & add small amount of tomato sauce for colour.
    10. Spicy chicken/turkey - Take 2 heaped tbsp VLFFF, 1 heaped tsp curry powder, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp tomato puree. Mix together and use to marinade meat. Ideal for BBQs or grilled.
    11. Cream substitute - add lots of sweetener (4/5 tbsp per large tub) and 3 or 4 capfuls of vanilla essence, mix well & stir into soft fruit ie hot raspberries etc.
    When you are cooking with Fromage Frais, always add it as a thickener off the heat just before you serve otherwise it separates and is not appealing.

4. raquel

raquel pink lady

Great many thanks, that should keep me busy x

5. SlimDreams

SlimDreams Well-Known Member

Thanks great ideas
    xx

6. princesss01

princesss01 Well-Known Member

Great ideas, thanks. Does it not taste a bit weird in coleslaw? I can't imagine???

7. cupofteapet

cupofteapet Well-Known Member

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY Thank you kindly, not sure what to have first.:)