Frozen Fruit Dilema

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Minimunchkins, 11 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Enjoying the EE plan since joining a few weeks ago but really confused over syns in frozen fruit. Books & Lifeline on-line state all fresh or frozen fruit is free but one member syn'd up packs of the frozen Summer Fruit, Fruits of the Forest & Raspberries from Tesco, Asda & Aldi & revealed that they contain twixt 4 - 7 syns per box!! Our advisor confirmed this but I can't understand where the syns would come from when there's nothing added - the fruit is just frozen. :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I suspect that they worked it out on the calculator but didn't include a free food allowance. This is a special allowance that reduces the syn value of the product where the main ingredients is a free food on SW.

4. Minimunchkins

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Frozen Food Dilema

Thanks for your thoughts 'Circles'. That's originally what i thought - the only problem is that there isn't a 'Fruit' option on the drop-down list for free food!! I pointed this out to our consultant but it didn't really get resolved. I'd love to ask SW directly - especially about the calculation without the free food allocation for fruit but their website states they can't answer queries by phone, mail or e-mail! :(

5. Minimunchkins

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Whoops - really sorry 'Circes' .

6. Pickle87

Pickle87 Full Member

Start Weight:
    26st13lb
    Current Weight:
    25st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(6.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    They are still free, its just because there isnt the option to put in the fruit as a free food that the calculator thinks none of it is free. x

7. Catherine26

Catherine26 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers - converted from Slimming World
    frozen fruit is free but it has to be syned if it is pureed, which i found out to my horror this week that the smoothies i have been having everyday for breakfast were not free lol - disaster :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.