Frozen Fruit Dilema

Minimunchkins

Gold Member
Enjoying the EE plan since joining a few weeks ago but really confused over syns in frozen fruit. Books & Lifeline on-line state all fresh or frozen fruit is free but one member syn'd up packs of the frozen Summer Fruit, Fruits of the Forest & Raspberries from Tesco, Asda & Aldi & revealed that they contain twixt 4 - 7 syns per box!! Our advisor confirmed this but I can't understand where the syns would come from when there's nothing added - the fruit is just frozen. :confused:

I suspect that they worked it out on the calculator but didn't include a free food allowance. This is a special allowance that reduces the syn value of the product where the main ingredients is a free food on SW.

Frozen Food Dilema

Thanks for your thoughts 'Circles'. That's originally what i thought - the only problem is that there isn't a 'Fruit' option on the drop-down list for free food!! I pointed this out to our consultant but it didn't really get resolved. I'd love to ask SW directly - especially about the calculation without the free food allocation for fruit but their website states they can't answer queries by phone, mail or e-mail! :(

They are still free, its just because there isnt the option to put in the fruit as a free food that the calculator thinks none of it is free. x

frozen fruit is free but it has to be syned if it is pureed, which i found out to my horror this week that the smoothies i have been having everyday for breakfast were not free lol - disaster :) x

Back