• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

frozen fruit

Some fruit freezes better than others - strawberries end up quite watery but other berries work well. When you defrost them, you often get a lot of juice but it's all tasty.
Never had frozen pineapple but I imagine it would be okay.

I like mixing frozen berries with VLF natural yoghurt - the yoghurt freezes slightly with the cold fruit and it makes like an ice-cream type texture and it's really nice! More of a summer thing than winter really though, lol!

I used frozen mixed berries (strawberry, cranberry, rasps, blueberries) last night as part of a dessert and they were really good. Always to hand and much cheaper than fresh but still taste as good. I would thoroughly recommend them!

I use the frozen fruit (defrosted) in my porridge in the morning - dark cherries are my fave - esp with some cherry muller light stirred in too (instead of milk so you don't have to use a HExA.

I used to get the forst fruit because of the cherries, then thought, why not just get the cherries. I love my porridge now.

Thanks for this I have some frozen fruit defrosting in the fridge for tomorrows breakfast - never thaught of adding it to my porridge - looking foward to it now!!

I must be the only one that isn't keen on the mush which is defrosted fruit!

I dont mind a bit of mush with forst fruits and general frozen berries, and they'r fab on top a merigue.

but i find having them to hand, ona week when im really trying to boost weight loss, 2 bowls of forest fruits/ frozen berries and lots of water does the trick. i think they'r fab and far cheaper.
x

I've found that tesco frozen fruits are a bit watery but i'll keep trying until I find some that i like as its so expensive to buy fresh fruit all the time. The frozen tropical fruits sound lovely

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 0
Slimming World 6
Syn Values 1
Slimming World Off Topic 3
Slimming World 12