FROZEN FRUITS

Naturally_Stush

Does anyione have Ideas as to what I can do with a pack of frozen summer fruits I am not too keen on cold foods but I am open to suggestions.

i normally defrost and mix in with a yogurt for a desert.

Do you like jelly - if you add it (still frozen) to made up sugar free jelly (use a little less water to take into account the fruit defrosting) & leave to set it makes a lurvley dessert - a whole sachet of the hartleys sugar free jelly is 1.5 syns, and makes 4 very generous portions.

ooh sounds yum! i have frozen mixed berries, forzen raspberries and frozen strawbs in the freezer! how about making a smoothie? or put them in some healthy rice pudding or raspberries on weetabix in the morning is beautiful xxx

Sorbet
empty bag into food processor as bag not nice. Add pot ff yoghurt.Whizz until mushy. Add sweetener to taste and scrape sides of processor.Whizz again.Lovely sorbet or ice cream if refreeze.100G =1.5 SYNS APPROX.(eg raspberries 400g bag divided betwwen 4 people is 1.5 syns)

Try this!

Pete’s Summer Surprise 2

Ingredients

1 x 500g Bag of Sainsburys Summer Fruit
Weight Watchers 400g wholemeal bread
Robinsons Apple & Blackcurrant Concentrate (no added Sugar)

In a saucepan put 1 cup / 250ml of Robinsons Apple & Blackcurrant concentrate (no added Sugar) undiluted, bring to the boil for a minute and place to one side. Tip the bags contents into a sieve and drain all the liquid off, adding it to the Robinsons concentrate.

Prepare your dishes by covering the base & sides with clingfilm, this will aid removal later.
Cut and place your wholemeal bread with crusts removed in the base and then cut wedge shaped pieces to go around the side.

Dip each piece in the juice then lay out in the dish starting with the base, make sure that you cover the whole area of the dish.

Add the fruit until it reaches the top then fit a piece of bread on the top, add any extra juice to ensure the top is completely covered in juice. (This will now be proud of the dish)

Place a weight on the dish and place in the fridge for several hours.

To remove open the clingfilm and tip upside down, carefully lift the dish off then remove the clingfilm and dispose of it.

Enjoy!

Robinson Apple & Blackberry Concentrate
250mL=

Cal=5
Fat=trace
Sat Fat=0
Salt=0
Sugar=0.6g

Sainsburys Summer Fruit 80g serving

Kcal=26
Fat=0.1g
Sat Fat=Trace
Sugar=4.2g
Salt=Trace

This version is easier to make as no fruit has to be washed or boiled and as such has a low or no Syn value!

Attachments

• IMG_0149 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0149 (Large).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 128
Hi Bilsat,

What a great recipe, been looking for a low syn pudding.

Just a quick question, do you use the whole of the the 400g loaf in your recipe as "your portion" can be taken as a HEb.

Cheers

Lyn

Sorbet
empty bag into food processor as bag not nice. Add pot ff yoghurt.Whizz until mushy. Add sweetener to taste and scrape sides of processor.Whizz again.Lovely sorbet or ice cream if refreeze.100G =1.5 SYNS APPROX.(eg raspberries 400g bag divided betwwen 4 people is 1.5 syns)
this sounds lovely! have u tried it yourslef? whats it like? xxx

I make it at least once a week especially if we have people for tea. Everyone loves it.
I often buy reduced fruit and bung it in freezer to use this way as well-especially mango!

ooh lovely! thanks :) xxx

I use as little of the bread as I can to keep it as a Heb, depends on the size of the pudding you make!

Back