Frozen Tetra question

Karen1972

Gold Member
Hi all

Just put a choc tetra in the freezer for the first time.

What's the best way to eat them?

1) How long do you keep them in freezer?
2) Do you leave it defrost a bit before eating?
3) how do you open the carton?

Thanks, am looking forward to trying it after reading so much about them!!

Luv,

Don't know how long to keep them in there - a few hours i think.

Cut the cardboard off and put it in a bowl. YES leave it a bit before attempting to eat - i didn't and was starving for it and ended up trying to chisel bits off in a rather desparate way!!

He there. I put all of my tetras in the freezer as soon as I get them! When I want one I cut the packed off and microwave for 20 secs then turn for 20 secs and there is a little creamy bit in the bottom.yum, Im going to go do it now!! xx

I put the tetra into a bowl & keep going back to it every half hour to give it a stir, this way it makes it nice & cream more like a soft scoop. Good luck with it....xxx

Can't wait!! Gonna take it out of freezer at quarter to 4, put it in a bowl and eat it at 4. Mmmmmmmmm

Hope you enjoyed your frozen Tetra, don't do what i did i just asuumed u shoved it in the freezer, left it there til i was hungry and it took about 20 mins before i could hack at it enough to eat it lolol i must have looked like a crazed ravenous loon!! It was yummy though mmmm

I got to say, I had a frozen choc tetra a couple of weeks ago, (my first and last time) I could only eat half of it, it was soooooo strong in flavour but now....I have a tetra for breaky by adding half a glass of water to it...so this thread has given me an idea..I may put my tetra in a bowl, add water to it and then put it in the freezer and as Mandi does...keep checking it and give it a stir...ooooh, I may do that tomorrow xxx

Well after all that i didn't enjoy it much!!! lol

Don't think i'll do that again as i love them as a drink but really struggled to finish it!!

Thanks though for your advice!

Hi Karen

You should leave them in overnight at least - it should be a solid block that you can peal the carton off (like an orange). I have to leave mine for at least half an hour in the bowl before I can start eating round the edges..

Back