Fruit as 1/3 and superfree question

It was frozen fresh (if that makes sense)

Nope I remember Mel from the Lighter Life forum and then she switched to Exante and has finally seen the light and come over to Slimming World (yay!) just needs to update her profile details :)

This is a SW question....

Hun, you don't need to cut down on fruit. SW wouldn't let fruit be a superfree food if we needed to restrict it. Same goes for bananas. I'm a big fan of the humble banana and often have a couple a day, never did me any harm.

There is a lot of differing opinion on what is and isn't healthy, some people think it's unhealthy to eat so much pasta and potatoes, some think it's unhealthy not to have good fats like avocado and olive oil, some think it's wrong to eat late.....

We choose to follow SW and it's rules so we shouldn't really listen to any other advice. My opinion of course.

Spot on!

many moons ago - I preferred fruit to veg and started SW and ate mainly fruit that week - rather than any vegetables - went to class and only lost something like half pound, the consultant said straight away that I needed to cut down on the fruit intake - I did and the following week lost about 5lb's - if I recall.

Having said all that I think it differs from individual t individual.

That natural suger things is a myth. SW are always saying it does not matter and my consultant argues that the plan says either because that what you can half. 1/3rd superfree fruit or veg!!
Best of luck

A consultant should never tell you to cut down on fruit!!!
Fruit or not, you may have had those weight losses anyway!

are you going to substitute your berries for carrots?

Teresa

Nothing to do with the original question lol, but actually carrot in porridge is absolutely divine believe it or not ...

Oats, sweetener, water, 1 cup of grated carrot, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon mixed spice - zap in the microwave for 2 minutes and it's like hot carrot cake in a bowl :D (you can add some orange zest too for a bit of extra 'zing' )

Last edited:
Nothing to do with the original question lol, but actually carrot in porridge are absolutely divine believe it or not ...

Oats, sweetener, water, 1 cup of grated carrot, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon mixed spice - zap in the microwave for 2 minutes and it's like hot carrot cake in a bowl :D (you can add some orange zest too for a bit of extra 'zing' )

Hot carrot cake yummy im going to be trying that at theweekend

Back