Fruit Flavouring

danders

Why is it that I am not allowed the Twinings Camomile and Spiced Apple tea but would be allowed the Cambridge Apple porridge? Confused!!!! :confused:

Thanks

Some fruit teas have actual fruit or added sugar, fructose or sweeteners in them and there's no fruit in Cambridge to begin with and any sugars are bad that's the reason for the questions over fruit teas. Though I suspect if it's only a flavouring rather than the actual apple and doesn't have the added no-nos then that should be ok. It used to be that fruit and flower teas were off the menu on Cambridge but I think that's been relaxed. Just check that the tea you want to drink doesn't have the carb factor and you should be good to go with it!

Thank you, that's a very helpful response. I'll check the ingredients as it's my favourite tea!

Anything ending with -ose is a sugar, they like to hide them under different names. Hope your favourite tea is ok to drink!

Found this on Cambridge's forum

Herbal teas Leaf teas can make a refreshing change (eg green tea, peppermint, redbush (Rooibos) or nettle) but other herbal teas made with flowers, fruits, roots or seeds (eg chamomile, lemon, vanilla or liquorice) are also now ok..

Hi
I am re starting CWP today and wondered if it is ok the drink Lidl's Knightsbridge Very Berry caffeine free tea?
Ingredients;
Hibiscus, Apple Pomace, Sweet Blackberry Leaves, Rosehip, Chicory root, Liquorice root, Natural flavourings, Blackberries (0.5%), Blueberries (0.5%), Raspberries (0.5%) & Strawberries (0.5%)
My consultant said she thought it would be ok, but I am concerned in case it contains citric acid.
Thanks
x

Back