fruit salad

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Liseinleeds, 25 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Liseinleeds

Liseinleeds Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    if i want to make up a fruit salad to munch on full of free foods ( as i have just realised the tinned fruits arent free and need alternative ready made snacks etc) whats the best way to keep it all week???? i want to make it up in a box so i can just delve into it for snacks?

ideas welcomed!!!!!! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can have some tinned fruit as a hexb. Or you could buy frozen fruit & just take out what you think you'll need ;)

4. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    As soon as you cut up fruit it starts to deteriorate. A couple of days is OK in the fridge, but all the time the vitamin content is reducing. (This doesn't apply so much to ready prepared fruit salads in the supermarket, as they are packaged in a way to slow down the deterioration - you can't do this at home.)

It is better to prepare fruit and eat it as soon as possible. It doesn't take that long to peel a banana or an orange, or slice an apple - do you really need to do it in advance?

5. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I buy the boxes/bags of frozen fruit, get a variety of different fruits, then make individual freezer bags, with mxed fruits in. Each evening I take one bag out and put it in the fridge, and it's defrosted by the next morning.

6. skinny*minx*wannabe

skinny*minx*wannabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st02lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st03lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(8.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    good idea, il have to try that:D

7. Nikkiruth

Nikkiruth Big fan of Mini min

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Quite honstley my salad never stays in the fridge long enough, since I've started making it the rest of the family have been eating it, so I make a new one everyday.
    You don't have to put loads of different fruit in you can just make one with a couple of bits, i have been making melon and pineapple (been on offer!) lush!:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.