fruit sugar?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by becki2009, 12 February 2014.

1. becki2009

becki2009 Well-Known Member

I have been reading up on sweetener recently and deciding against using it.

does anybody know the syns of fruit sugar?

and/ or sweet freedom natural sweetner

2. pippalata

pippalata Well-Known Member

Oi Oi! Have you tried stevia? It's a natural plant extra and not a carcinogen like aspartame...
  3. becki2009

Helloooooo. Yeah ive heard of stevia. And truvia? I hate swetener but scared of sugar! Lol
  4. pippalata

Sugar can be just as bad. It's so heavily processed, you're ok the right path with honey ;)

Stevia is great, it's what I use. Sweeter than normal sweetener so you don't need as much but it does the job.

Never heard of the other one. You're on your own there kid.
  5. becki2009

Ive looked at stevia. It was expensive but worth it i add it to my shopping!
  6. pippalata

It is a bit more but double the sweetness so you need less.

Like concentrated squash if you will!
  7. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Well-Known Member

Pippa - if you mean that you've not heard of Truvia, it's just the Coca Cola / Cargill brand of an artificial sweetener made using the Stevia leaf. I think it was one of the 1st stevia-leaf sweeteners to hit the shelves. However, I saw a Tesco own sweetener on the shelf yesterday which is made with the stevia leaf & it's obviously much cheaper than Truvia.
  8. pippalata

Oh I see! Yes I buy the Tesco own branded stevia - much cheaper! Thanks for the clarification :)
  9. becki2009

becki2009 Well-Known Member asda have a stevia brand? I added it to my shopping but stevia is £4! I was quite shocked lol. Or i can get a bigger tub of truvia gor £5
  10. becki2009

Think ive found it