Extra Easy Fruit & Veg.....

Yeah I do understand where you are coming from as by saying it's free you automatically assume you can eat as many as you like. At what times of the day do you feel you struggle?

I really wouldn't watch your muller light intake if you enjoy them (personally i can't stand them and eat shape zero or activia fat free) it is only a worry if your eating like 10 a day just because you can .

Again as britmum said why not tell us more about what you do like so we can find ways to incorporate sf into your day.

Teresa

All day!............

Na, evening and between 9 -12. I get up at 6:30 and have breakfast about 6:45 so it's a looooong time till lunch. I snack on fruit and Alpen bars b4 lunch. Have lunch about 12 - 12:30 and that usually does till tea-time. Evening's can be difficult as i like a wee snack about 8pm.

I also struggle with WHAT to eat at meal times. I'm fussy and the meals I have cooked via the SW books have been inedible. Not even the OH would eat it and that's saying something!!!

Trying to just tweak meals I like into SW meals.

The plan isn't contradicting at all, it does what it says.

However to get the best benefits of Extra Easy, the advice is to follow the 1/3 superfree rule.

The fat free Yoghurts are free and so are all the other foods that you mentioned, but there has to be some control on them, as at the end of the day, if you eat over what your body physically needs you won't lose weight or even worse will gain. A healthy eating plan also needs to be balanced and it is very important to have plenty of vegetables and fruit in anyones diet.

The superfree helps even down your portions at meal times, otherwise it would easy to pile a plate high with just pasta and meat for instance. The 1/3 superfree advice is a clever way of allowing us to mix a variety of foods together without having to weigh out foods or count calories etc.

There are so many easy ways to incorporate superfree into you meals and it doesn't have to be time consuming. The little frozen veg bags (of carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans etc) are really handy. Salad is nice and quick too and you can make it so much more interesting, by chopping some apple into it, beetroot is lovely too.

If you find some veg hard to eat, how about saving your HEa and making a vegetable gratin to serve alongside whatever else you are having. Just place some mixed veggies into a dish, add a little stock and top with cheese. It is a great way to get in some veggies if you find them a bit boring on there own. Not to mention when making things like shepherds pie, chilli, bolognese etc, vegetables can easily be added to these, such things as peppers, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, courgette, carrot etc.

Then there are of course soups you can make where you can add plenty of superfree and also don't forget butternut squash or any of the squash varieties, they are a fab superfree food, just cut it up, sprinkle with some paprika and salt, spray over the top with some frylight and roast it in the oven. Delicious.

The list goes on, the variety is endless with superfree.

I've never tried Butternut squash. Part of my problem I think, lack of variety!

I've seen your web page, it's really good. Gonna nick a few receipes off there I think.

Thanks for everyone taking the time to help. I just don't want to have this gut for the rest of!

Brit mum you often are able to type exactly what I am thinking but get the words out better.

I love your recipes and the SW recipes and except for some of the dessert ones have never made one i didn't really love so surprised to hear the OP say she didn't like the recipes from SW.

Back