Extra Easy Fruit & Veg.....

Lilleece79

Ok. The last couple days I have been analising my food & stuff. Seems I'm not incorporating enuff fruit & veg into my diet. Does anyone else have this problem or is managing to lose weight without overdosing on fruit and veg???

I only ask as I don't think I am doing as well as I thought!

Yep, guilty as charged :D I actually considered moving away from EE because I was struggling with the superfree, but I really do find the Speed soup is a Godsend for me. I would sometimes even have a bowl of it before dinner to fill me up and then have a small plate of food.

Also, it's really versatile, you can add lots of things to it to make more of a 'meal' of it, bacon and chicken go well in it. :D

It took me a while to get my head round extra easy and the whole 1/3 superfree, but now I find it easier to put my meals together if I think about what veg I'm having before planning anything else. Makes it so much easier to get it on my plate and part of my meal instead of an after-thought.

I do eat loads of fruit and veg, but don't feel like i'm overdosing as I have it in loads of different ways (roasted, in soups, casseroles, salads, stir-fry, cooked in with main meals etc).

I've made a big pan of homemade broth; totally syn free. I'm gonna have to try eating soup at least once a day. I'm also gonna try the green plan too as it doesn't stipulate 1/3 vveg rule. Not sure what the difference is yet.

I just wanna be thinner......!!!!!!!!

I struggling with 1/3 superfree rule too I just don't enjoy a lot of fruit and veg and have got stuck eating the same ones. I am sticking to it but finding it really hard.

I just wanna be thinner......!!!!!!!!

If I'm honest I'm only bothered about the superfree rule because of what I have been told about it helping with the weight loss rather than being healthy( bad I know)

I'm finding that my weight loss is mega slow and I seem to be eating hardly anything but super free food and exercising five times a week. I've only lost 5 and a half pounds in 4 weeks! Not good!

Claire130 said:
I'm finding that my weight loss is mega slow and I seem to be eating hardly anything but super free food and exercising five times a week. I've only lost 5 and a half pounds in 4 weeks! Not good!

It might be that you're not actually eating enough. The plan works best when you have your syns, healthy extras and free food too. If you're mostly having superfree food your body might not be getting enough energy to actually burn off fat, especially if you're exercising too. The plan only really works if you follow all the bits.

Have a week eating lots of free food, having your syns and healthy extras and see what happens - nothing to lose but weight!!

Your right it must be that! I sometimes forget to eat my HEx B and save all my syns for a Friday and Saturday. I need to start following it properly and then maybe get some great results. Think it's all about getting the right balance x

It might help us to give you some advice on incorporating superfree into your meals, if you tell us exactly what it is you struggle with.

Is it that you find it too time consuming, or just that your don't really like veg?

I like some veg, most fruit but I can't eat copious amounts of both. There are other free foods such as yogurt and meats, I use my syns everyday. Can not lose weight by eating a sensible amt of free foods, free yogurts/meats and use my syns??

If you don't want to follow the 1/3 superfree element, or find it hard to incorporate, you could always switch to the red and green plans, as they don't rely on the superfree element with each meal for it to work.

I really struggled for my first few weeks on EE, losing only 4 lbs in 3 weeks but 3 weeks ago I started analysing what I was eating and have changed a couple of things which might help you.

1) I stopped having muller lights every morning (they are 100 cals on their own and I've not missed them)
2) If I have some form of carbs for lunch, I avoid mug shots during the day (again they may be free but they are 250 cals!). If I don't have carbs, I have one if I'm hungry mid afternoon.
3) I eat superspeed fruit for brekkie (raspberries, grapefruit and yellow plums usually) and then if I am still hungry I eat a couple of Alpen Light cereal bars.

In the last 2 weeks I've lost 7 1/2 lbs and still had a few good nights out on the rum & diet cokes!!:D

Also, if I'm not sure if there is enough superfree food in whatever I'm cooking for dinner I eat a carrot or some fruit before I eat my meal just in case!

Good luck x

Is that not defeating the point calorie counting?? There's enough food out there that I need to count (all things synned) without having to watch the calories in the foods I'm allowed to eat as much of as I like! I like Muller's and they are a real god-send to me. I have 2 a day!

Hey - just an idea! and I definately wouldn't suggest you start counting cals in everything (life it FAR too short!) - butt here are some free foods which are fairly high in calories. It took me a while to realise that EE isn't really eat as much as you want, its eat a much as you need to feel full and for me, there is a massive difference between the two! If I ate as much as I want I'd have 10 bits of lean bacon between my 2 slices of wholemeal bread each morning, all the pasta I could cook and 4 muller lights a day, on top of my Superfree breakfast feast and all the carrot sticks. No matter how healthy that all is I'd never lose any weight!! But PLEASE if you find a diet that will allow me to eat all that and lose weight let me know..

Completely agree with the above post - Free food is Free, but it should be eaten in moderation, so only when you're hungry and to stop when you're full (not stuffed). The diet does rely on a bit of self-regulating, however if you're optimising the use of the superfree foods, then the rest should all fall into place.

Oh man, this plan is such a walking contradiction! It's easy but so hard! Well just gonna try and stick to what I'm doing but try eating more veg and eat less!

Agreed!! They should rename it 'extra easy but also extra confusing' (not quite the same ring to it though!). Just make sure if you are eating less that you aren't hungry - its when you're hungry that you end up snacking on stuff that isn't that good for you. I also realised I wasn't eating enough at mealtime and thats why I wanted to eat mug shots and muller lights, and chocolate half way through the day. Now I eat more at breakfast and lunch than I would have done before doing SW and I rarely feel hungry until the evening now.

I find a good tip is to swap your muller lights for a smaller ff yogurt like a ff activia (normal sized pot). You get the same feeling as if you have eaten a larger yogurt for less calories. Also stick to one per day. For me personally there is too much sugar/sweetener in these yogurts and you are better with a nice slice of fresh pineapple to curb the sugar cravings - especially out the fridge...yum xx

Thanks Stefanie: I really like the Muller Lights. THey curb my hunger and taste great! This is what I struggle with. They are free, so I am allowed to eat as many as I like but then a lot of people suggest changing to something else as they're not that good for you! *sigh*

Back