fruitandcoffee's slimming world food diary

fruitandcoffee

Hello! I think this may be the fifth time I've attempted a diary on here...I sometimes find getting too obsessive sends me spiralling off, but I'm doing ok for now and I come on here most days so might as well try my own diary again!

Bit of background...managed to get down to 10 stone 7 during Christmas 2013, but this was through extreme stress and anxiety being in my final year of university. I then piled it all back on right up to 11 stone 11, a bad break up combined with a desk job where I seem to munch away from being tired/bored.

So since Boxing Day I have managed to get down from 11 stone 11 to 11 stone 6. I'm back following SW from home but I might 'join' a group this week just to get the new book. I don't plan on doing the SP plan, I think it sounds horrendous and I'm pretty annoyed that they've got rid of green days. I've gone vegetarian for January as a challenge but tbh, my newfound addiction to Quorn and complete lack of any meat cravings means I may well continue into the rest of the year. So technically I do 'green days' but really I'm doing extra easy as I don't eat the second A/B choice allowed on a green day.

I also started Couch to 5k again recently, I used to be able to run well but let it all go when I moved back home so this will be a food and exercise diary for a healthier, leaner me :) I weigh in on a Thursday usually, I think I'm looking at a gain this week because TOTM and also had a bad couple of days but I'm hoping to maintain, 0.5lb - 1lb off would be fabulous!

Enough rambling anyway, food for the day:

Sunday 11th January - Extra Easy
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs (1/2 A) on toast (1/2 B) with a pear and coffee [note - I usually split my HeXs, I have 175ml skimmed milk and 15g cheese and this works fine for me!)
Lunch: a big mixed pack of fruit from Asda (4 of your 5 a day and only £1.50!), a greek style toffee Muller light (0.5), 1 chocolate/fudge Alpen light (1/2 B)
Dinner: 2 Quorn fillets with 1 tbsp medium Nando's sauce (0.5), McCain's frozen jacket potato (1), 15g cheese (1/2 A), lots of salad and a whole red pepper
Snack: strawberry Options hot chocolate (2)
Total syns: 4
Exercise: Couch to 5k Week 2 Day 1, I did this twice today in the morning and evening.

I've seen people saying strawberry Options is 2.5 syns but I don't see how as it's not even 40 calories? If anyone knows please let me know, I'll keep counting it as 2 for now :)

Monday 12th January - Green
Breakfast: 1 Alpen light (1/2 B), 1 toffee greek style Muller (0.5), 1 banana, 1 coffee with a dash of skimmed milk (A)
Lunch: salad with 1 green pepper, 2 Quorn fillets, 1 tbsp Nando's sauce (0.5), 1 Alpen light (1/2 B), big pot of melon
Dinner: McCain's frozen jacket (1) spaghetti shapes, 22g cheese (A - going to say this and my coffee is a whole A I think)
Snack: strawberry Options (2) 2 Alpen light bars (Second B) toffee greek style muller (0.5)
Syns: 4.5
Exercise: none! Oops!

I know we're not meant to do green days now but they always worked for me so I'm ignoring that! I know people who have lost 5 stone on green days so I have no idea why they got rid of them :(

Last edited:
Slipped and ordered Pizza Hut. I'm not feeling the diet this week for multiple reasons, I might wait until I've gone to a group on Thursday :(

I fruitandcoffe!

Well done to you for return and being determined.

I am a breastfeeding mum of one who just started today.

Love your diary for the nandos sauce. I have a big bottle of the hot stuff would one tbsp be okay to put as 1syn do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I fruitandcoffe!

Well done to you for return and being determined.

I am a breastfeeding mum of one who just started today.

Love your diary for the nandos sauce. I have a big bottle of the hot stuff would one tbsp be okay to put as 1syn do you think?

Hi! Do you have a diary? Nando's sauce is half a syn for 1 tbsp so have 2! ;)

I have managed to climb back on the wagon, was indeed TOTM so that explains yesterday!

Tuesday 13th January
Breakfast: banana, toffee greek style Muller (0.5), coffee (A)
Lunch: sharon fruit, kiwi fruit, pear, 2 Alpen light bars (B), small skinny Costa cappucino (2.5 syns? No chocolate on top)
Dinner: Quorn meatballs in homemade sauce (tomatoes/passata/tomato puree/pepper/onion) with pasta and 25g cheese (A)
Syns: 3, will be 5 if I have a hot choc later
Exercise: Couch to 5km Week 2 Day 2, really pleased as my speed for runs was 4.5 mins per km! So if I built that up to 5km, I would be running 5km in around 22/23 minutes. Hoping to build up to a sub 30 min 5km again and then start going to my local Park Run on a Saturday morning :)

Another good day for you there

Yes I do have a diary. Its called [h=2]Breastfeeding::Doing it at home : In Switzerland[/h]

Last edited:
Another good day for you there

Yes I do have a diary. Its called Breastfeeding::Doing it at home : In Switzerland

Subscribed!

Another day in the bag, almost exactly the same as yesterday but nevermind...

Breakfast: greek Muller (0.5), coffee (A)
Lunch: small skinny cappucino (2.5), pear, sharonfruit, kiwi fruit, box of blueberries, 2 Alpen light bars (B)
Dinner: pasta, Quorn meatballs in homemade tomato/pepper sauce, 25g cheese (A)
Snack: hot chocolate (2) 10 mini mushroom sweets at 0.5 syns each (5)
Syns: 10
Exercise: none yet but might go for a walk later

Looking at a 3lb gain tomorrow, not surprised as I had 3 bad days this week and I'm still uncertain if I'm TOTM or not (literally no idea what my body is doing atm) so I'm okay with it

Last edited:
Well at least your prepared and you know why...Keep going strong and it will be off in no time.

Well at least your prepared and you know why...Keep going strong and it will be off in no time.

Yeah and I am still down since I started again, my body always follows this pattern of going down 4-5lbs then back up by 2 ish, then down again...it's frustrating but as long as the overall trend is a downwards one I don't mind. I don't have THAT much to lose, I'm barely a size 12 as it is so I'm expecting my losses to be slower. Hoping to tone up with the running as well :)

It's so important to understand our bodies and you seem too.

Plus all your running your fitness must be really good too with that your guaranteed the pounds will drop even if it's slow

Well I gained 1.5lb today and TOTM has started finally so I'm happy with that, I thought it would be 3lbs on!

Unsure if I want a treat night tonight or not, I feel like I've had enough treats this week so idk.

Breakfast: blueberry liberte yogurt (1), blueberries
Lunch: 1 pear, 2 alpen light bars (B), yogurt (0.5)
Snack: mushroom sweets (23.5)
Dinner: 1 sharonfruit, mugshot, 3 babybel light (A)
Syns: 25
Exercise: running day but might change to tomorrow yet

Last edited:
Well I gained 1.5lb today and TOTM has started finally so I'm happy with that, I thought it would be 3lbs on!

Unsure if I want a treat night tonight or not, I feel like I've had enough treats this week so idk.

Breakfast: blueberry liberte yogurt (1), blueberries
Lunch: 1 pear, 2 alpen light bars (B), yogurt (0.5)
Snack: mushroom sweets (8.5)
Dinner: 1 sharonfruit, mugshot, 3 babybel light (A)
Syns: 10 atm
Exercise: running day but might change to tomorrow yet

Amazing...only 1.5lbs thats better than you expected.

Your fitness regime probaly aided in the just the lil gain and not a big one

Amazing...only 1.5lbs thats better than you expected.

Your fitness regime probaly aided in the just the lil gain and not a big one

Probably! I try to do three runs a week, two during the week days and one at the weekend to break it up a bit. Changing to tomorrow now as it's so cold :(

Well I finished off the packet of the sweets so 25 syns for the day. I'm happy I didn't binge completely (I do have some salted caramel Haagen Dazs in the freezer...) and if I stick to 5 syns a day for the next 6 days I wouldn't even average 10 a day still :)

Was good all day today but awful TOTM pains and been offered a promotion so I've had a treat night!

Breakfast: blueberry liberte (1), blueberries, persimmon, coffee
Lunch: mugshot, skinny cappucino (2.5), 2 kiwis, syn free yogurt and raspberries
Dinner: Pizza Hut, mushroom sweets, salted caramel Haagen Dazs :) yummy!

Been bad Friday and Saturday (worked 7.30-3.15 so ended up getting take away) but managed to maintain since Thursday - annoying because I'd gone down a lb but oh well!

Sunday 18th Jan
Breakfast: Danio strawberry (1.5), persimmon, coffee (A)
Lunch: scrambled eggs made with A milk, 1 slice granary toast (we ran out of my bread so using this as my B even though it's 4 syns, hoping it'll be ok just once)
Dinner: 7 Quorn chicken nuggets (3.5) potatoes roasted in fry light, 1 tbsp ketchup (1)
Snacks: liberte (1)
Syns: 7 so far

Need to do a food shop but I don't feel very well and I have an interview tomorrow so got the day off, will go and stock up tomorrow eve!

Last edited:
Been bad Friday and Saturday (worked 7.30-3.15 so ended up getting take away) but managed to maintain since Thursday - annoying because I'd gone down a lb but oh well!

Sunday 18th Jan
Breakfast: Danio strawberry (1.5), persimmon, coffee (A)
Lunch: scrambled eggs made with A milk, 1 slice granary toast (we ran out of my bread so using this as my B even though it's 4 syns, hoping it'll be ok just once)
Dinner: 7 Quorn chicken nuggets (3.5) potatoes roasted in fry light, 1 tbsp ketchup (1)
Snacks: liberte (1)
Syns: 7 so far

Need to do a food shop but I don't feel very well and I have an interview tomorrow so got the day off, will go and stock up tomorrow eve!

Dust yourself off and keep at it.

Wishing you a speedy recover.

All the best at your interview tomorrow,

Back