fruits& veggies helps with flexibility

PamelaViktoria

I'm 1 year 9 months into my diet. I have heard so many times how high amounts of minerals and anti-oxidants help your muscles clean out, and become more flexible. My first experience that this was true was when my fibromyalgia went away. I suspected something was in my muscles causing the pain, and it was. When it left, the pain was gone.
But now, I have more evidence. I have always loved gymnastics. I stopped when I was 13. I was somewhat flexible, but not great. I was about 1' away from the floor doing the splits. I could do a handstand for about 10 seconds. I wasn't very strong. But I could do several flips on the uneven bars. I could do cartwheels but not on a perfect straight line.
Now, I am almost 39, and I'm better than I was at 13. I am 6" away from the splits. I can do cartwheels again (next goal is to do it on a 2x4). I can do a 30 second handstand. The one thing I am weak in is uneven bars. My core is weaker than it was when I was 13. I can't flip my body around it haha. (This is due to being at home with no exercise because I had chronic fatigue) My goal for my 40's is to do backflips, and the perfect splits:)
Anyways, point being, the foods that all diets agree are fantastic for us, fruits and veggies, do more than make us lose weight. They make us younger looking, and our muscles love it too:)

This is really interesting! I have HMS which is linked to FM and I am often plagued by muscle pains. At the moment I am recovering (slowly) from a knee operation which has left me with an issue. During the operation my surgeon found some fissures on the cartilage which he said could tear but may not be fixable. He said they are early indications of osteoarthritis and I may need a knee replacement in the future but because I am too young he wouldn't do that for at least 15 years. So when I am back on my feet from this operation I have to be very careful so as not to cause the fissures to tear! However, my problem is that I am too flexible but I do need my muscles to work properly

Taz said:
This is really interesting! I have HMS which is linked to FM and I am often plagued by muscle pains. At the moment I am recovering (slowly) from a knee operation which has left me with an issue. During the operation my surgeon found some fissures on the cartilage which he said could tear but may not be fixable. He said they are early indications of osteoarthritis and I may need a knee replacement in the future but because I am too young he wouldn't do that for at least 15 years. So when I am back on my feet from this operation I have to be very careful so as not to cause the fissures to tear! However, my problem is that I am too flexible but I do need my muscles to work properly

Hiya! I'm in the same position with the knees - got osteoarthritis in both knees but am too "young" to have a replacement. And I also have ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia. :) I did have a knee op last year where they did microfracture surgery, but it hasn't really helped unfortunately. xx

My surgery will help the immediate problem I had before (I had a torn cartilage which they trimmed and some stuff took off my knee cap) but the discovery of the other problem means I will never be 'normal'

Back