Frumpster's Diary - 790 here we go!

It is now the 23rd June and I am in a ridiculous situation.

After weeks of trying, running, counting every calorie that passed my lips I have lost the grand total of 11lb. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with that, but considering 7lb came off with cd790 a couple of months ago, I have tried really hard for 4lb :(

Ttey said that persevering with cd up to my holiday would be worth it, and thats right. No more messing about, no more desperate diet switching. I even contemplated going to weight watchers earlier this week. I want the effect of cd without the hard work...don't we all eh? Well it doesn't happen without the hard work. So I have sat staring at Now and Look magazines this evening motivating myself by looking at all the lovely dresses in the shops. I am restarting in the morning (sat)

I'm planning Vanilla Muffin for mid-morning breakfast, banana shake for 2pm lunch, Cottage Cheese and Salad for tea with some crisps made from Chicken&Mushroom soup pack. :D

I have done some rough calculations. I have 12 weeks and 6 days until my holiday. I currently weigh 16st 2lbs. If I lost 7lb in week 1, followed by 3lb per week up to my hols I could be 13st 4lb for the holiday :eek: I know I shouldn't do that, but it just makes me realise there's a glimmer of hope there for me.

Has anyone else tried to predict their weight loss? If so did it motivate you or stress you out?

xxx

Hi Frumpster,

I hope today is going well for you and remember to drink your water :tear_drop:

Best of luck with 790! I am loving it:)

Love Mini xxx

Frumpster, for me calculating what i could lose doesn't work, I am setting myself up for failure and that is not good for me. On the positive front I want you to look at disney in a different light. First time we went I had been very ill and had been on steroids for months, I got on the plane at 18stone 3lbs. Did it spoil my holiday? No it didn't, we had a wonderful time and you can't beat going to florida for seeing many people much bigger than you! 2nd time we went I was doing better and about 16.5 stone, had a wondeful time, yes it was a little less of an effort in the heat but no huge diff. The point I making is, take the pressure off yourself, if you went now, the weight you are today, you would have the most fantastic time, if you lose a stone or 2 before you go, even better. But your weight WILL NOT dictate the holiday you have. Only you can do that.
Set reasonable goals and you will achieve them, play mind games with yourself about possibilites and you will, if you are anything like me, FAIL, Big Time!!!

Love

OMG, Barb you are so right. It's amazing when someone spells things out to you it makes you realise what a state you are getting into.

I have been obsessing about my weight loss for this holiday for months, planning my predicted losses each week, then changing them the following week after losing nothing! All I am doing is winding myself up, getting stressed, and setting myself up for a huge failure.

You are right Barb, if we were going today I would have to accept that I was 16st, and I would still have a great time because i'll be with my family, in Disneyworld :)D)

Thank you for such a great message.

Thanks for your message too Mini, 790 going well so far. Drinking tonnes of water, although I did have a can of diet cherry coke earlier. I didn't even think about it until an hour afterwards. Doh :rolleyes:

Hubby's working tonight so tea time will be easy. He's the one who usually tempts me to have the same as him....not that I need much tempting:eek:

I will be glad to get into bed tonight knowing that day1 is over.

xxx

146372zs6apoo4dy.gif

best of luck on the 790 plan
you will do great
you have lots of support here
your a star

kaz :D

Yes, good luck!

I did 790 for a while and actually enjoyed it. But when losses slowed down I ran back to SS (lol). I now think I should have gone up to 1000 for a few days, then back to 790, and kept alternating until the plateau stage had passed.

As peeps have said before - finding a plan you can live with and can afford is the key to success.

heya frumster!

I too have been obsessing about my trip out to america in september. we r going to see my hubbys dad but i'll be meeting all his sisters and friends as well so i feel ENORMOUS pressure to look good. not very good for ur mind tho, is it?

im glad u are taking barbs advice...think i better take it myself lol. u r doing really well anyways. wish i was as committed to exercise as u r. maybe when i get all my workout DVDs delivered, eh?

im so jealous...everyone seems to be going to disney this year lol. maybe i'll get my turn next year :D Im sure u will have a fab time no matter what.

xxxxx

Frumpster??

Where are ya, hun?

Thinking of you and hoping everything's okay.

XX

Back