Frustrated

RK you doing fine. Body is stablizing. Perhaps think about shaking up the variety of foods you are eating and the times you are eating? Up the water a little and perhaps try a different exercise for a week?

Bren
X

I weighed myself the day after to see what had happened, and id gained 1lb, which im fine with. I'll wait to see if ive dropped any extra weight this week, as ive been on my 1300-1500 calories dailey eating. ... Fingers Crossed.

1lb is great for a refeed. Fingers crossed that it starts you moving again.

The carbs should help restore leptin and all other dieting hormones that come into play, so it should work. Nothing too awful happens if it doesn't. Fingers crossed for you.

(I'm watching this closely myself... very interesting indeed KD...)

RK... good luck! it sounds as if you're in good hands and it's a very interesting (Juddd-like) method...

PS: I love the term "refeed"...

(very interesting (Juddd-like) method...

Umm, not really. It's based more on the science of the hormones that come into play, and though Juddd does that to a certain extent, it would be a little bit like saying a calorie reduced diet is like the WW method.

Besides, Juddd doesn't this every other day, and doesn't stipulate extra carbs as a necessity. This would be done much less frequently and almost regardless of the presence of a very low calorie day.

I'm suggesting using what we know about dieting hormones, because the calorie in vs calorie out theory isn't working so well at the moment ;)

Of course, cals in vs cals out does work, but the 3500kcals for a pound of fat theory, though absolutely correct is much more complicated than it appears most of the time :)

My weigh day in Friday, im just worried about whats going to happen if I havnt lost weight. I don't know what ill do x

Im devistated. Had weigh in today and im now up to 13 stone 3. I havn't cheated at all, ive been exercising (i even went on a 3 mile walk yesterday), aswell as the usual exercise I do. I am hoping the weight is water retention , as im due on today but ive had a no show (this isnt unusual for me, as I have PCOS), but I have the doctors on Thursday and she hasnt seen me to weigh me since Novemeber, I wanted a nice shock for her, I dont think its going to happen now..

xx

Maybe I should try a more structured diet? Im just baffled now x

RK, dont worry. i know that is easier said than believed....

Lets get you mind back in the positive. What can you do for the remainder of today to feel better? Perhaps a walk, a massage, pedicure? Then take a little moment to reflect. Perhaps write down some feelings, goals and 3 things that you are please about yourself with.

For the rest of the day you can make a difference to your mood and hence allow food and exercise to work for you. You are going to get there, at the pace your body will allow. Chin up hun, we are all here to help you.

Bren
X

Thanks Bren.

Today so far, ive been looking after my nephew which always makes me happy, but im surrounded by naughty food.
I am in a happy kind of mood, its my birthday on Sunday which will be great and im seeing my mum tomorrow who i havnt seen since 6 weeks ago. Im just getting really frustrated and think my bodies being so cruel to me.

Back