Fulltum to Flattum!!

So should I eat more than my body needs? Thats just stupid and why I was overweight in the first place!

Do naturally slim people check how many calories they are eating a day? No they just eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full!

I am getting plenty of vits and minerals, am never hungry (except just before eating) and feel great so dont see how I am being unhealthy

But why should I have to feel the need to eat a lot if I don't want to? (Physically don't want to, as in my stomach is full!) That is my point, I don't want to be filling my face with large platefuls however "green" they may be as that in itself is not balanced.
If Slimming World is so wonderful, why are you not following it?

Bear in mind that I have not listed my drinks in my food diary - I have hot chocolate with cream, tea with sugar whole milk, regular soft drinks, etc.

My diet is not a model of perfection if you take one day in isolation but over the course of the week it IS varied with all food groups getting a look in - dairy, fruit, veg, proteins, carbohydrates.

Surely it is a case of everything in moderation?

You are obviously incapable of reading posts properly as if you did you would see that I only post my food, I then have 5-6 cups of tea a day with full fat milk and 2 sugars in each, I also drink a couple of mugs of hot chocolate topped with cream and sometimes marshmallows and if I have soft drinks they are always the full sugar versions which raises my daily calories by quite alot!

I am eating very healthily as I am not following a strict plan where some foods are restricted (and no matter what diet you follow something is "forbidden") and then having a binge when the cravings get too much. I am eating consistantly and when my body is hungry (which is how we are actually designed to eat!)

You say that you eat 3 calorific meals a day but looking at your diary I wouldnt class pineapple a calorific breakfast or 8 slices of bacon to be a "balanced diet"
And from what I saw on another thread about you saying you cant wait to get home and start eating "properly" again it would seem that even after 30 years of dieting you still havent got things under control!

To get an average of what a person should eat you have to have some people eating large amounts and some people eating small amounts!

From your own quote:
Most adults in England are either overweight or obese. That means many of us are eating more than we need, and should eat less. And it's not just food: some drinks can also be high in calories. Most adults need to eat and drink fewer calories in order to lose weight, even if they already eat a balanced diet.

If you dont like what you see in my diary then dont read it!
Not really rocket science is it!

Also after looking back at my diary I am struggling to see how you have worked out that some days are less than 800 calories when I dont put portion sizes for my dinners.

You dont know what ingredients I am using or how much of them I am eating!
Small to me isnt what other people may call small as I grew up in a household where plates were piled high and you were expected to eat it all, which means you must be using your own idea of small to calculate thus making a rather big assumption!
I dont use any low fat or "diet" items in my house as aspartame is said to be very dangerous in the long term so my family dont have it and I am also very aware that "good" fats are an important part of eating healthily.

And reading through some of your posts on the forum it would seem that you are not as knowledgeable on healthy eating as you are trying to make out as as recently as december you were debating "which diet to try next" and have also said recently that you are getting nowhere with the weight loss as you have no goal so maybe you need to sort out your own issues before trying to tell others how to eat! you certainly smack of "do as I say rather than do as I do!"

Day 26

Will start listing drinks so as not to make out I am eating low calorie!!!!
Have ran out of hot choc today so thats top of my list for shopping tomorrow as I love it in this cold weather!

Breakfast
Cup of tea with full fat milk and 2 sugars
3/4 porridge sachet made with full fat milk and topped with sugar

Snack
cup of tea with full fat milk and 2 sugars
1 fig roll

Lunch
3/4 cheese and salad roll (white bread roll spread with plenty of lurpak, a good handful of mature cheddar, iceberg lettuce, cucumber slices, a spring onion finely sliced and a good squirt of mayonaise)
Glass full fat pepsi
Cup of tea with full fat milk and 2 sugars x2

Dinner
Pollack fillet topped with a breadcrumb, lemon and parmesan topping cooked in butter with steak cut oven chips and peas (will only eat a small portion compared to my husband)
Glass of full sugar pepsi
Cup of tea with full fat milk and 2 sugars

Supper
2 crackers topped with butter and pate
2 fig rolls
cup of tea with full fat milk and 2 sugars

Hour on the wii fit burning 465 calories

Just to prove that people cant possible work out my daily calories without knowing the ingredients and quantity used/consumed I have used my fitness pal to calculate the calories in todays menu and the result is 2151-465 for wii =1613

So that would mean I was eating a healthy number of calories per day, getting plenty of exercise and a good range of food groups and certainly dont need to be posting in the low calorie diet section of this forum as recommended by gettingfitat50

Dont judge a book by its cover eh!!

Last edited:
As long as your not feeling hungry, run down or tired through out the day I think you'll be fine. Calories can easily be underestimated and overestimated so I don't think there's a need to count them.

I find that I don't eat overly lots of calories some days but other days balance that out.

Good luck and keep going if your loosing weight and not feeling hungry your eating what your body needs. Sometimes there comes a point where your body wants more or less and that's what you have to do

If you feel you want to see how much fuel your body needs boots online do a fab calculator

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Laurenista :D

You have hit the nail on the head, I feel fantastic and ENJOY exercising and never feel weak, ill or hungry so my body is obviously happy with what I am doing.

Hope you have a fab journey with your weightloss however you do it x

Day 27

Breakfast
1 slice of toast with butter

Lunch
1 egg scrambled with chorizo and spring onion

Snack
1 cadbury caramel hero

Dinner
Homemade chicken fajitas

Supper
2 fig rolls

Hour on the wii fit burning 467 calories

Last edited:
Ive never done calorie counting so my knowledge of calories quite honestly up to much :) I have to admit Im amazed your intake yesterday was over 2000, its funny but Id have thought over 2000kcals a day would indicate a lot of food but it doesnt. Thats quite an eye opener :) Probably a good indication that CC isnt the route for me when I finish Exante lol

Your meals yesterday sound lovely :)

Ive never done calorie counting so my knowledge of calories quite honestly up to much :) I have to admit Im amazed your intake yesterday was over 2000, its funny but Id have thought over 2000kcals a day would indicate a lot of food but it doesnt. Thats quite an eye opener :) Probably a good indication that CC isnt the route for me when I finish Exante lol

Your meals yesterday sound lovely :)

This is why I dont count calories as I believe in my body to tell me what it needs each day, somedays I eat more than others but as you can see calories can soon add up when you dont use diet products ;)

I lost 7 1/2 stone on cambridge a few years ago but couldnt maintain it because as soon as I could have food again I started pigging out :cry:This way I never stop dieting as I never started! Nothing is out of bounds and no willpower is required as if I want something I can have it (aslong as I am hungry)

I really enjoy my meals everyday now and dont eat things for the sake of it anymore.

I would really recommend reading the Paul McKenna book as it makes a lot of sense ( I dont listen to the cds) and helps you let go of the demons.

I did a week of exante before starting then went straight onto this and instead of gaining weight by refeeding I actually lost 2lbs as my body just had what it needed :D

but as you can see calories can soon add up when you dont use diet products ;)

Its funny how people think losing weight has to mean diet food. Its amazing the number of times on the WW forum people say theyve eaten loads but have tons of points left but when you look at their food theyre having skimmed milk, low fat yoghurts, extra low fat spread, so much salad its coming out their ears lol A few simple tweaks and the points/calories go up to a much healthier level but food wise the intake isnt any more.

its definitely all about sensible choices :)

Definately, I used to be just the same when I did sw as I would eat "free" and "superfree" foods all day and not use my "syns" but I didnt actually enjoy what I was eating at all lol

Also I dont get why people spend so long making a "free" version of a food that tastes nothing like the real thing and uses weird ingredients when you can just eat and enjoy a smaller portion of the real thing!

I have a 5 year old and 2 year old twins and I am determined not to pass my old bad habits on to them! I have to bite my tongue to stop myself telling them to finish their plates (how I was raised) and nothing is banned from them (but obviously moderated until they are old enough to understand a bit better)
Plus I am leading by example :D

I used to panic if my stomach didnt feel completely full all day and had forgotten what being hungry actually felt like whereas now I cant stand feeling full at all!

Everyone is different though and it has taken me many years and trying many different diets to find what works for me and everyone else has to find their own way too ( I do know 1 person who successfully lost 7 stone on cambridge and 5 years later is still at target and has never used the shakes again since getting to goal so I know that for some people it can be done but for me it was the wrong way)

Hi there :)

I'd just like too say that I completely agree with u:) I myself am completely on and off diets all the time and gettin absolutely nowhere, so like u iv decided to stop it and start eatin properly and when I'm hungry, I also agree with the fact of making free dinners and agree that they taste nothing like the real thing, when following sw I bought free diet drinks n yogurts just because they were free I actually don't like them! Whereas now if I want somethin il have it and if I want full fat coke I will also have it! Along with proper yogurts etc as the low fat free ones are rank! Lol it's so good too finally find someone who thinks like me :) xxxx

Hi there :)

I'd just like too say that I completely agree with u:) I myself am completely on and off diets all the time and gettin absolutely nowhere, so like u iv decided to stop it and start eatin properly and when I'm hungry, I also agree with the fact of making free dinners and agree that they taste nothing like the real thing, when following sw I bought free diet drinks n yogurts just because they were free I actually don't like them! Whereas now if I want somethin il have it and if I want full fat coke I will also have it! Along with proper yogurts etc as the low fat free ones are rank! Lol it's so good too finally find someone who thinks like me :) xxxx

At the time of following the diet it is easy to convince yourself that something tastes good when in reality when you are eating "normally" you wouldnt touch the stuff lol

I realised that the only way to properly lose weight for me is to change my attitude to food not the food itself and it is working :D

Hope it works for you too and hopefully "see" you around alot in the coming months :D

I agree with you all the only way of sustaining weight loss is eating things you enjoy and not over eating! I find if I stop myself from eating something I want it more and eat 10 times more then I would normally.

I stop myself from eating something I want it more and eat 10 times more then I would normally.

Ah the good old starve and binge cycle that I have found myself in many times :rolleyes:

Its also amazing that once nothing is forbidden that you lose the taste for certain "treats" I havent eaten any crisps since the start of january, not because I cant have them but because when I actually eat them slowly and taste them properly I dont actually like them very much! I have found the same with most biscuits and only really like fig rolls now!

Omg this has been a real eye opener for me as I too am fed up with diets.... I just need to start making better decisions. Keep up the good work and all the best :)

Day 28

Breakfast
1 slice of toast with butter
1 fig roll

Lunch
1/2 cheese and salad sandwich (didnt enjoy it as made it with a crust and it was pretty dry so chucked it!)
2 crackers with butter and pate

Snack
1 snickers celebration
1 galaxy caramel celebration
1 pear drop

Dinner
Chipolata sausage, homemade yorkshire pudding, roast potato.carrots and gravy

Supper
Small slice of christmas cake (only just cut into it lol)
2 crackers with pate

Hour on the wii fit burning 487 calories

Last edited:
Back