Fuming

fat_2_fabulous

Silver Member
Ok so I've been on the diet three week, just got on the scales and I'm back to my start weight...I'm stickin to it completely! I'm drinking well over 2 litres of water a day and when I snack its on super free only generally! I'm so down now as I have a big party next week which I wanted to lose some weight for but now I'm dead disheartened.

I was so excited for this diet as I have been eating lovely food, cooking for the first time and now im ready to give up!Boooooo xx

Was that a weekly weigh in or have you been hopping on and off all week?
Also if you have a food diary to post it would be helpful for us to be able to have a look and see if you may have overlooked something, its easiy done! X

No it's weekly.in fact I missed Wednesday wi so done today

Normally I have

For brekkie if I have time

2 eggs a whole onion, a massive number of mushrooms and either beans or plum tomatoes

Or an Alpen bar and some fruit

Lunch jacket potatoe with cheese and salad

Tea sw chips with loads f veg... Sometimes sprouts and broccoli which people this is horrid ha

Or have been trying loads of the recipies!

Then for syns I normally have activia snack pot ! Mayo and use them for an alcoholic drink!I've hardly been eating bread and have stayed well away from the bread chocolate and other crap :-(

I just don't know what's happening xx

Know how you feel, it was third week too and at wi on Wednesday I sts. I was so upset but I've put my head right back in the book and I'm determined to get a couple of lb this week. I'm the same, I'm at a loss as to why it happened as I've stuck to it 100% but I wasn't having my health extras every day and I'm wondering.g if it was that

No it's weekly.in fact I missed Wednesday wi so done today

Normally I have

For brekkie if I have time

2 eggs a whole onion, a massive number of mushrooms and either beans or plum tomatoes

Or an Alpen bar and some fruit

Lunch jacket potatoe with cheese and salad

Tea sw chips with loads f veg... Sometimes sprouts and broccoli which people this is horrid ha

Or have been trying loads of the recipies!

Then for syns I normally have activia snack pot ! Mayo and use them for an alcoholic drink!I've hardly been eating bread and have stayed well away from the bread chocolate and other crap :-(

I just don't know what's happening xx

Mmmmmmmmmmm this is a toughie, it seems ok, just a thought, do you always have the same for lunch, if so try mixing it up a bit. And even though you have your syns, do you always count them?

Although you look like you're having a lot of sf are you making sure that 1/3 of your meal consists of super free? I know I've told myself I was doing it properly at points and wasn't due to this.

Also I'm on my phone so can't see your post now that I'm replying but do you make sure you have your healthy extras? Particularly the fibre? I can't remember if they featured in your menu (If so, ignore this)

I hope you get it sorted and stick with it! It's worth it!

No I normally have different things for lunch...some times I take in home made food from night before!

I'm having healthy extras most days...I'd say about 95% of the time! And I have a load of super free with my tea...in fact when I snack even if it's just a yoghurt I try and ensure I have fruit with it almost every time.

I get so disheartened on these diets, I only ever seem to lose weight on vlcd which I'm trying to stay away from as I've had eating disorders following on from losing 7 stone from doing them! And it has took me years to realise I don't have to starve my self. In fact this has been the longest I've followed a diet like this without saying I give up and revert back to Atkins or Cambridge!

I know people say if you have come from vlcd to sw then may take a while but I came off it months ago and have been doing low carb for a while and now following sw for just over 3 weeks.

I really want this to work more so for how I feel than look :-(

Xx

Okay, so there's your problem right there. You've been low carbing for a few months, and now you are eating loads of carbs! Potatoes for lunch, and dinner, probably some pasta thrown in for good measure. Beans for breakfast. IT will take your body tome to adjust

I transferred over from Atkins at the beginning of the week and although i only had one green day (only had some pasta) i stayed the same. It sounds as though our bodies will take time to adjust as it's a completely different way of eating and burning off what we want rid of. Don't give up, i'm sure it will start to come off soon. You've done so well so far and as you don't have a lot more to lose, maybe weight loss will slow down for that reason too x

I agree, it does sound like you are adjusting. Try doing a Red week as this does limit your carbs more, and choose B choices that have less carbs in them like the soups. It will work, it just might take a few weeks for your system to adjust. Keep at it, your doing a dandy job

I would agree with the above post. I had a very slow start on EE and terrible bloating and wind from the carbs as I had followed a fairly low carb (though not ketotic) diet for a few years. So shifting to pasta, rice and potatoes was too much for me plus I think I find it hard to control portions of carbs which also contributed to bloating. I have found that doing red days but still having 1/3 superfree has been the way forward for me. On days when I eat out, I tend to do EE as I find it increases choice and I can't pick at leftover rice or pasta as its just on my plate. Don't give up whatever you do. I felt like giving up after 3 weeks, but in 18 weeks, I am now 23.5lbs down and 4lbs away from my first goal. I think EE is great but it doesn't work in the same way for everyone, especially if you are coming from vlcd and low carb. It's just a case of being a little careful with the carbs and introducing them slowly. When things aren't working, it's an opportunity to tweak and find things that do work which is the beauty of SW as you can play with 3 plans rather than just one size fits all. Good luck.

I would agree with all this, and yes we do have 3 plans not just the ee which is heavily promoted. Try a red week, with perseverence it will come off if you do the plan correctly. :)

There is so much good advice there I don't need to repeat it. I have had good weeks with rubbish losses/maintain/gains sometimes it has been because it is hot, because I haven't had my hex a choices, because I have done too much activity. This week I only lost half a lb, but I did lose more inches, and this was from doing too much heavy lifting.

I love broccoli and sprout too by the way :)

it might help seeing what all the benefits of the different foods are rather than the calorie count you used to focus on? It could help you feel motivated while your body adjusts

No I normally have different things for lunch...some times I take in home made food from night before!

I'm having healthy extras most days...I'd say about 95% of the time! And I have a load of super free with my tea...in fact when I snack even if it's just a yoghurt I try and ensure I have fruit with it almost every time.

I get so disheartened on these diets, I only ever seem to lose weight on vlcd which I'm trying to stay away from as I've had eating disorders following on from losing 7 stone from doing them! And it has took me years to realise I don't have to starve my self. In fact this has been the longest I've followed a diet like this without saying I give up and revert back to Atkins or Cambridge!

I know people say if you have come from vlcd to sw then may take a while but I came off it months ago and have been doing low carb for a while and now following sw for just over 3 weeks.

I really want this to work more so for how I feel than look :-(

Xx

I was about to say, going from one diet to another causes the body to disrupt. Many of the diets you mentioned there are not in the style of SW. SW is a diet just based on eating sensible lean foods, it doesnt involve restricted intake, or holding back on food groups like carbs while over eating on others etc.

Your body is just bouncing back. It would bounce much worse if you just went to 'normal' eating after coming off those types of diets. Give it time it will work, and for the long term as well!

Try doing a red or green day, mixing up your healthy extras, trying different meats and veg that you wouldn't normally eat and giving a few new recipes ago.
sometimes I think our body can get used to the same foods and we just need to shake things up a little.
also the success express plan is great, check out the thread for more details xxx

Back