Fun Triathlon buddies needed!!!!

If my legs are still working Gina I'll sprint the 'run' section! They could well be jelly-ish by then!! Have you done a marathon before??

Trying - so can you defer your place till next year? Sounds like it might be a better option for you especially with injuries. And then slowly build yourself up to next April!

Gina... Yeah I can defer. Will need to pay again but that's ok. Ill see how I go.

Wait till u get of the bike and go straight into a run. Weirdest feeling ever! Legs like lead...

When u train, do 'brick' sessions. Google it. Do a swim straight into a bike session or a bike straight into a run. Try not to have break. Go from one into the other as if u were doing Tri. Really good for ur training :)

Wow Gina, that's pretty epic! You must love to run!!

Just looked up brick training, think I'll give it a go in a few weeks! I've 20 weeks till the tri, so for the next few I'll just get in the gist of swimming/cycling/running again & then try some brick. It's a really good idea, thanks for the tip :)

It's a hybrid with quite slick tyres. I'm going to take it to my local bike workshop & get an MOT. If it gets a good diagnosis I'll use it or else I'll buy a new one, hybrid again, with my bonus in March! Although I'd rather get a 'sit up & beg' bike for around town ;)

Good stuff!

What's a sit up n beg bike? Is it one of those things that look like a fold away bike?

Mines a road bike. Miles better than a mountain bike fir triathlon. Much faster! Would love to upgrade...

It's like an old style/vintage bike and what they ride in the Netherlands because it's so flat! My husbands dutch do I've done loads of cycling out there & love it! It's basically kinder to your back because you're upright as opposed to hunched over, no good for speed or hill climbs though, a good town/small city bike, perfect for York where I live :)

Anybody tri training in N London area?

Not me sorry :( But I can 'virtually' cheer you on!!

I got a 30 min strengthening routine set up at the gym yesterday, so I'm hoping to be able to do that twice a week along with one swim, one run & one bike. That's just for the first couple of weeks to ease myself in! If I get too into it'll I'll have lost the love by June, so easy does it!! Need to get my husband off his lazy arse so we can do a cycle ride every weekend....wish me luck!!

Sorry, nowhere near North London! Keep trying though :)

Bike sounds lovely! Ur training an sounds good. Definitely don't overload then peak too soon. I've done that in my time.

I'm heading to the gym today to finally get started. Wish me luck :) x

As part of my marathon training, I'm supposed to do a 10 mile run (no chance if that!) so I'm going to do 12 mile walk instead -to the gym n back. It's quite hilly :-/

It's 6 miles to the gym???? I would never go if that was me let one walk it - that's a full workout in itself!

Six miles to gym, but I usually drive there. Just needed to get some foot miles in. If I'm being honest it's on a route where no-one would recognise me. Some of my old running routes are frequented by people I'd like to avoid in this 'fat' state!

That reminds me of when I first started 'running' - I only went in the morning before my 7:30 shift so I'd be out about 5:30 then there's be less people to see me as I huffed & puffed my way through c25k!!

Hiya chick! How are you getting on?

Spoke with my sister yesterday and we are going to get together to book some Tri s. I want to do one in June or July because ill do it for charity whilst schools ate still in session. There's a little girl in my school whose mum died at new year. She had diabetes. So ill do it for a good cause :)

Oh the poor thing, that's horrible...I'm doing my for cancer research, I've 2 friends battling at the moment so it seems pretty key...

Training is on & off, but I'm slowly building up my exercise routines I hope!

How are you doing? Good news for booking a tri :) I still haven't had my 'acceptance' into the tri but my cheque has been paid in so I guess I made it!!

Well I'm still trucking on, slowly though does not win the race!! Good job it's not technically a race! I've just now remembered I need to call the tri people as I don't know if I'm in...they did cash my cheque though!!!!

The running is hard, 3km is all I can manage...as I'm only doing 2.5km should I increase my distance?? I feel I should be up to at least 6km if not further just for stamina....

Swimming is a bit of a pain, the pool is always so busy & the lanes are not managed properly, people are too slow & too fast in all 3....so annoying!!! So I'm trying an open pool swim tomorrow afternoon, I'm hoping it's not just people & their kids & I can get some lengths in!!!

How are you doing???

Well I'm still trucking on, slowly though does not win the race!! Good job it's not technically a race! I've just now remembered I need to call the tri people as I don't know if I'm in...they did cash my cheque though!!!!

The running is hard, 3km is all I can manage...as I'm only doing 2.5km should I increase my distance?? I feel I should be up to at least 6km if not further just for stamina....

Swimming is a bit of a pain, the pool is always so busy & the lanes are not managed properly, people are too slow & too fast in all 3....so annoying!!! So I'm trying an open pool swim tomorrow afternoon, I'm hoping it's not just people & their kids & I can get some lengths in!!!

How are you doing???

Don't push the running if ur not enjoying it. Instead u could run up some hills as well as trying to run the 3km a bit faster. Run really fast fir 1 min then run medium pace to recover for a min etc. That will build ur stamina before u feel ready to increase the distance.

Definitely go for a bike ride then run immediately after getting off bike. It feels awful initially!!!!

Good luck with the swim chick. I know it's a pain isn't it? I swam yesterday morning but didn't really enjoy it. Need to focus on technique!

Could u do spinning class? That might help :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Don't push the running if ur not enjoying it. Instead u could run up some hills as well as trying to run the 3km a bit faster. Run really fast fir 1 min then run medium pace to recover for a min etc. That will build ur stamina before u feel ready to increase the distance. Definitely go for a bike ride then run immediately after getting off bike. It feels awful initially!!!! Good luck with the swim chick. I know it's a pain isn't it? I swam yesterday morning but didn't really enjoy it. Need to focus on technique! Could u do spinning class? That might help :) x Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Thanks for the tips hun, definitely feel I want to build up my stamina!

Swimming took a turn for the better...I went this afternoon after work (I finish early on Wednesdays) & the pool was quiet. Lovely and quiet & spacious & just brill!!!

Will start brick training soon, ish!!!

Have got a spin class Friday, so that should help my legs & lungs!!!

Did you lose 18lbs in week one of your diet???????????!!!!!!!! :D

I lost 18lbs. But I messed around probably over a 2 week period. I just couldn't get started. Kept having lots of day ones and then troughing on food.So I weighed after 7 consecutive days on the diet and the loss was 18lbs but it wasn't strictly over one week.

Finding it hard to shift the weight now!

Glad ur swim was good :) high 5 for the spinning. I go sat and Sunday :-/ x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Back