Funky's Journey

funkystrut

Well here I'm still here so I guess it's a good thing....Lots had happened over the last week that got me in this comfort eating mode....and I pigged out on all the comfort food.....spicey chicken, potatoe salad, cake etc....I guess I am not ready yet to come off LT and very quickly went back to bad habits.

Yesterday.....I went on this forum since last week and it's helped a lot. I was 100% and today I hope to be the same.

My back hurts a lot and my leg often goes numb ........ can't stand for longer that 20mins without experiencing shooting pain down the leg. This was my last straw to help me loose weight to alleviate the pain....... This started in April and is still going on. Phsyio and consultant have told me it will take a while for this to go away....as have to be prepared to be patient. My other choice is having an op to remove the two prolapsed dics which I refuse to have done. I believe it will heal in time! I guess the fustration of not being able to do much does get to me.

On a positive... I am still here and determind to fight thanks to the great support on this forum. Funnily I am ok when I swim and walk on the treadmill....but the pain kicks in afterwards.

Work have been great.....and I guess keeps me busy.....my OH and DD are very supportive too and I am lucky for that. I feel I just want to be normal again.....and go back to confident me!!

Mini goals for this week.

Wk8
1l H2O :waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle:
2l H2O:waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle:
+2l H2O:waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle:
100% today:waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle:
Ketosis:waterbottle::waterbottle:
15st by Fri:waterbottle:
Get thru Sat:waterbottle:
Get thru Sun:waterbottle:
Under 15st by Mon:waterbottle:

Last edited:
:party0049: :party0049: :party0049:

Go funky, go funky, go funky..... x x x

It is now 3pm and I am feeling hungry....weather not helping.:(

How about combining the 2?? Go outside and eat some snow.. but not the yellow bits!!!! pmsl x x

Seriously though hun, drink some water, wash up, hoover.. anything, just keep busy hun-it will pass x x x

How about combining the 2?? Go outside and eat some snow.. but not the yellow bits!!!! pmsl x x

Seriously though hun, drink some water, wash up, hoover.. anything, just keep busy hun-it will pass x x x
EEEW!!! Yellow stuff is not good.....am at work and have another hour and a half before i finish.....drinking warm water....till looking at my 2l water bottle half full thinking i need to finish this before I head off home. Do you think I can have bouillon or miso soup? Really don't want to eat if i can help it.:sigh:

I have had bouillon and it hasn't hindered my loss hun, but the choice is yours... it would be better to have that than eat, but that's just my opinion x x

Just got home and I immediately made myself the chicken soup with bouillon. I am now full....but still craving...but i am determined to stay 100%. Thx Su. Your support has really helped.

Well done on staying strong hun.. You are doing great x x x

Hi Funky :)

Sorry to hear about your back probs. I never had anything wrong with my back, but at my heaviest weight my one leg did used to go numb if I lay or stood a certain way. It's like I was so fat I'd cut off the blood supply, and then if I leant forwards I would feel the blood flow again and leg came back to life. That was one of my deciding factors for getting onto Lipotrim. It's not happening now at my lower weight. I know your situation is different, but hopefully as the weight comes off, it will be easier for your back to cope.

Keep going hun. Be 100%. The scales will reward you :)

xx

Hi Funky :)

Sorry to hear about your back probs. I never had anything wrong with my back, but at my heaviest weight my one leg did used to go numb if I lay or stood a certain way. It's like I was so fat I'd cut off the blood supply, and then if I leant forwards I would feel the blood flow again and leg came back to life. That was one of my deciding factors for getting onto Lipotrim. It's not happening now at my lower weight. I know your situation is different, but hopefully as the weight comes off, it will be easier for your back to cope.

Keep going hun. Be 100%. The scales will reward you :)

xx

Thanks Jayne..appreciate the symphathy...am determined to fight it. Yes weight does have a large factor to contribute to a lot of underliying problems.....it's up to us to change what we can.

Went to bed early last night with scrutiating backpain.....this morning felt a lot better....pain subsided....for now...guess I needed the sleep. Rubbed a dollop of Tiger balm on back( great stuff but stinks and staind my clothes, who cares hopefully won't be wearing these big clothes that much longer) and soldier on to work....

Thinking of going gym lunchtime to do some physio excersises to ease the pain.....and weight myself at the same time...couldn't for the past two days. Today is WI8 at the surgery.....hope I am back on track....dreading what nurse will say to me if I have not lost any weight....she is so strict with me and wantS me to lose weight every week. Last week I couldn't go coz had to stay on late at work.....fingers crossed! I feel better now that I can put things in prospective coz I started on the 9th Oct and it will only be 2 months on the 9th of Dec and hoping to be 2 stones lighter then. Which is 14.7stone.....I am sure I can get there if I really tried hard. As long as I am in the 14teens next week.

My DD ( 7yrs) wanted to taste some vanilla shake this morning whilst I was whisking it up.....she had one sip and told me that it was absolutely disgusting.... she then gave me a big hug and told me she loved me. That's made my day.

Last edited:
Just been back from the gym.....bty please avoid going outside anyone...the wind is very cold! I am 2lbs down from last WI so I hope this evening WI7 it will be the same.

I think I am going to have my lunch shake between 2.30-3pm so that I am not as hungry when it comes to 4pmish. Feel positive today.....defo reach 15st by this Fri.

Last edited:
Well done funks!! Good luck for tonight hun x x

Just had WI.. I was surprised to have lost 3lbs...considering at lunchtime I was 2lbs down obviously lost 1lb this afternoon somehow. I don't feel as bad with the back pain though it has been more intermittent and sharper pain. I shall continue with the physio exercise. I know I have gone on about my back this week but it's been such a long time since I have felt normal and hoping one day I will.:)

Now sipping green tea and watching Love Happens with Hubby which is a first coz he normally hates RomComs. I really hope I can keep going....nursey is determined to keep me 100% on LT over xmas but I will have xmas dinner and treat myself if I commit for the rest of the month....Dec here I come!

This week is going to be a better one!

Last edited:
Ah Funky it really hasn't been easy for you at all lately, I really sympathise with you. You are doing so well, 3lbs is great, well done. I really hope the pain gets a bit easier and leaves you alone!! December will be great, you'll do great and the weight will keep flying off. Wait and decide about Christmas day closer to the time, it's still 24 days away after all :) x

Ah Funky it really hasn't been easy for you at all lately, I really sympathise with you. You are doing so well, 3lbs is great, well done. I really hope the pain gets a bit easier and leaves you alone!! December will be great, you'll do great and the weight will keep flying off. Wait and decide about Christmas day closer to the time, it's still 24 days away after all :) x

Thx huni.....I can't wait to enjoy xmas with or without food....but will continue...every pound is a bonus. Like you I love going gym....gives me such a high.....and releases all the tension....metally and physically.....when I don't I really notice the difference.

Back on track Wk8 Day1......did not get much sleep last night due to the darning blocked sinuses....I think DH was sleep talking last night told me to go to the gym and sit in the sauna....normally I'm the weird one and talks all night and wake up in the morning wondering why I am so tired!!!LOL!

Finally when I did go to sleep one of the mums called me at 7am asking if school was open....I told her it was without even checking!! I guess I was sleep talking!

I feel happier within myself this morning and drinking loads.....Hopefully I can leave early from work and pick up my DD for a change and play out in the snow for a little while (back permitting)......and take some pic to post up. :4635:
I really love the snow...it's so festive...and christmassy and wintery and cosy.... Being brought up in a hot country xmas is Santa in the sun who only lasted half the day!!:xmascheers:

Anyway moving on....hope everyone is having a great day. Keep warm and smile like this:D

Last night I had a bit of grumbling tummy.... made my chicken soup with chilli flakes and pepper...yum.....back was a bit better but as I stood up the pain was sharp but lasting less then the day before.....today I am rubbed up with the magic tigerbalm and sprinkled with olbus oil!!! Who needs to smell of bad breath!LOL!

Will be putting the xmas tree up with DD...can't wait. Going to be fun. Then get organised.... so that I am not stressing later. Lots of bdays as well so the pressie always seem to double up. Going to bargin hunt this year...can't aford it otherwise.:eek:.

This morning I dug my teeth into a lovely hot raison bagal which my DD didn't eat and removed my mouth before I could take a bite....so glad I didn't.

I hope i survive before xmas day.:confused:

Back