Funny Mouth Taste

nicola444

Hi,

I am now in Day 3 of SS and have a weird horrible taste in my mouth - any ideas, I used some mouth wash today which helped briefly but it is coming back, dont want to get bad breath.

Thanks,

Nicola

Sounds like ketosis has arrived nicola. Unfortunately bad breath is one of the side effects. The best thing you can do is drink loads of water as then the ketones are flushed out. If you dont drink enough then the ketones are released through your breath.

brush your teeth regularly and you can use a breath freshener spray. I also use wrigleys extra sugar free mints but I dont think they are officially allowed.

Hi Nicola,

I suffered the same plight during my initial stages of LL. I felt as though I had spend hourse sucking on an old iron farm gate!!

The only thing that helped was drinking water - indeed initially I thought it was thirst - and it passed after a few weeks.

Hang in there - it's a good sign :(.

Hi Nicola

I too got this around about day 3, keep drinking the water. I don't find it to be a problem now unless I have gone a while without drinking.

Gx

Hi Nicola

As the others have said.. bad breath is a side effect of the diet.. I chew Extra sugar free gum and have done throughout the diet... but it isn't really approved... lol (although for me it has worked!).

Brushing teeth is good and the drinking loads of water is mega good advice... I was told by those near and dear that I never had really rank breath but I had a kind of 'metallic' taste in my mouth at the start too... I think there is something in the packs that leaves a kind of aftertaste and that, in time, you get used to it and so don't notice it any more :D

Not sure if this helps, but good luck! :D

Gold Spot or similar breath fresheners are good.

I haven't really been troubled (or people haven't told me !).

My main problem is feeling cold all of the time.

Back